Allerdale House

1 Eskin Street, Keswick, CA12 4DH, United Kingdom

More about Allerdale House

Really lovely

by TripAdvisor Member Caytonite

I feel very lucky to have found this little guest house just by looking round to see who had vacancies. Despite the pouring rain, it looked well cared for and stylish from the outside and the inside certainly did not disappoint. The welcome from Helen and Tony was warm and friendly yet professional. When I was shown the room available, it was love at first sight - I just had to stay there! ( Note-if you just turn up without booking you have to pay cash.) The room was clean and warm with a comfy bed and lots of hot water in the en-suite bathroom. The sloping ceiling would make it tricky for someone very tall but it was well equipped with tea/coffee making facilities, hair dryer, nice toileteries etc. I had only one small problem which was fixed as soon as I mentioned it. Other advantages are private off road parking, drying facilities (much needed in that part of the world) and a very generous (and vegetarian if required) breakfast. The dining room and lounge look 'designed' which all adds to the feeling of being pampered.
Tony and Helen were interested in all their guests, making helpful suggestions about walks, eateries etc but were not obtrusive. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Allerdale House and am happy to recommend it.

Recommendable Allerdale House

by TripAdvisor Member BuzzbeeFan

From: Heidi and Elvira, Switzerland

Allerdale House is a very warm and friendly place to stay. Helen and Tony gave us a warm welcome when we had arrived after a long-hour drive. The room was very cosy and we had plenty of space. Helen’s English and veggie breakfast were delicious and unbeatable, and Tony gave us the most helpful information on Keswick and what to do in the region. We sure will stay at Allerdale House again the next time we come to Keswick.

Highly Recommended

by TripAdvisor Member wilcwic

A home from home experience. Enjoyable stay. Ideal location for sightseeing and walking. Hearty breakfast. Clean, comfortable rooms with an excellent and friendly service at all times. Looking forward to the return visit! Thank you very much for looking after me.

Shirley & Martin

by TripAdvisor Member m_roach1

Really enjoyed our stay here.
The house is so clean it sparkles.
Host & Hostess very friendly, nothing to much trouble.
The off street parking a real bonus in this area, being so close to Town.
A very nice short break, and like General MacArthur, We will return.
Martin & Shirley

No reason to look further!

by TripAdvisor Member BrentQ

Convenient location, town center a short walk. Off-street parking. Room was nice and clean, breakfast excellent. Landlord was extremely helpful. Good value. Our first choice should we return to Keswick.

Nothing But The Best

by TripAdvisor Member Jersey-Dancer

The Allerdale provides "nothing but the best." Truly a 5-Star B&B.
A warm and friendly atmosphere and clean, clean, clean.
Nothing was too much trouble and the extra "touches" for the comfort of the guests were everywhere.
The breakfasts were the best! Tony and Helen gave us great advice on everything from restaurants, walks, shopping, etc.
We definitely plan on returning and hope it will be soon.
Dennis and Jackie Rogers
Florida and Pennsylvania, USA

A Bed and Breakfast place of high quality.

by TripAdvisor Member Fellsvisitor

I have stayed in over 10 places in Keswick over a period of 20 years but nowhere else surpasses the warmth, friendliness and approach of Helen and Tony. They always have time for their guests and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are clean and comfortable and a wide choice is offered for breakfast. Good advice on eating places, other Cumbrian locations and walks is also available. An excellent place to stay.

Like staying with friends

by TripAdvisor Member Twirlydi

Firstly, may I thank all my fellow Trip Advisor reviewers for bringing this establishment to my attentions - as usual, your comments were accurate and helpful.

Well, what can I say about Allerdale House that has not already been said, except to heap more praise on Helen and Tony. This couple do everything they possibly can to make your stay in Keswick as enjoyable as possible. They have a huge knowledge of the Lake District and are always able to point you in the right direction, whether it be to good, local restaurants, the nearest garage or good walks. I think my husband best summed it up with his comment of "I've never stayed anywhere before where the hosts are so helpful".

We were accommodated in one of the superior rooms at the front of the housel, which was very spacious and had the added bonus of a very comfy settee. The beds were extremely comfortable too. Breakfasts were cooked to order and delicious - do try the kippers - highly recommended.

As I said in my review title, it was like staying friends.

One particular point that really pleased my husband was the off-road car parking, some of which is undercover (a car port), which is a real bonus when you have a classic car.

Thank you Helen and Tony for a fabulous week's holiday (you even fixed the weather!).

Fourth Year Running!

by TripAdvisor Member Allig8r

We've been here four years running and don't have a single complaint. It's comfortable, immaculately clean, welcoming and the breakfasts are the best that you could wish for. Helen and Tony are ready with recommendations for places to eat and things to do, walks to take, bus routes... all sorts of local information! I recommend this guesthouse whole-heartedly to all of my friends.

Joan and Peter

by TripAdvisor Member peter_honeyman

This was by far the best and cleanest hotel we have stayed in during our visit to the Lake District. Thank you for making our stay enjoyable.

Comments