Keswick Hotels

Our Members Say

• vichatherly profile photo vichatherly
  • Reviews: 1284

Greystones: A Really Nice & Friendly B&B

We had a really nice few days at this lovely B&B in June 2011. The room was excellent and the breakfast ample.

Our friendly host made us very welcome and gave us some great tips to help us plan our walks for the day.

Easy walking distance from the middle of Keswick.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel, Hiking and Walking
  • Written October 17, 2011

Greystones

• WheninRome profile photo WheninRome
  • Reviews: 208

Winder Hall: A B&B in Low Lorton

I had absolutely enormous expectations for Winder Hall based upon my research of it and their website. It was a fantastic experience, which I would recommend to anyone, but perhaps I had my sights set a little high.

Winder Hall is one of only a couple B&B's in Low Lorton, a tiny collection of houses and an inn about 20 minutes from Keswick. I highly recommend staying in a small burgh like Low Lorton away from the craziness of Keswick.

The B&B has 7 rooms and we stayed in the Winlatter room. The room was huge and had a nice view overlooking the garden. The room was exceptionally well appointed and very clean. The bathroom also looked to have been newly refurbished. The only complaints with the room were the noise that the digester makes when you run the water (shreds toilet paper) which was kind of annoying and our brass bed was extremely creaky.

The breakfasts were delicious - I routinely had the full English breakfast with lots of coffee and toast. A great way to start the day. The breakfast meats came from local hogs and the eggs from chickens on the farm. They also raised sheep. We did not eat dinner at the B&B although that is an option. The dinners looked nice, but rather fancy. They have a small bar that operates on the honor system. For dinners and drinks we preferred the Wheatsheaf Inn just a couple minutes walk away.

When we arrived at Winder Hall, it was mid-afternoon and our room was not yet ready. No problem, they gave us a wonderful pitcher of tea and scones, which we ravenously devoured. It was very nice. We did not meet the owners and most of our interaction was with the B&B chef, who was very nice but always busy.

They have a hot tub that overlooks their fields of sheep grazing. A wonderful way to relax after a day of sightseeing or hiking.

The hot tub is a nice way to end the day. The breakfasts were delicious - pick your own eggs.

• Written October 3, 2010

Winder Hall

• marsistanbul profile photo marsistanbul
  • Reviews: 306

Riverside-Borrowdale: Luxury Bungalow on the bank of River Derwent

The property stands well back off the road on the banks of the River Derwent,the views are stunning,Grange Fell,Maiden Moor,Catbells and over looking Wainwrights favourite square mile.
The accommodation consist of 2 double bedrooms,large lounge with open fire,tv.vide/DVD.
Bathroom with bath,power shower above,separate dining room,fully fitted kitchen with dishwasher,fridge,freezer,washer dryer,microwave,oven with electric hob and grill.Outside there is a patio overlooking the river.Secure off road parking for 2 cars.
Price are from 300 pound to 700 pound per week dependant on season,short breaks available,this includes towels,bed linen,coal,logs and welcome back..

-no children under 12
-no pets in grounds or property
-no smoking in property or grounds

Riverside is the perfect base for a Lakeland holiday,sitiated 4 miles from Keswick,near Grange in the jaws of Borrowdale,the scenery is spectacular..

• Related to: Sailing and Boating, Mountain Climbing, Hiking and Walking
  • Written August 18, 2009

• Andreaflem profile photo Andreaflem
  • Reviews: 28

Goodwin House, Keswick: A Feast for Breakfast

I visited Goodwin House for a weekend stay in October. I was welcomed as soon as I pulled up out side and shown where I could park. The reception area is welcoming with lots of information available. A drying room which came in handy for the downpore I got soaked in. I found the guest house Quiet Warm and Cosy. My room was clean with nice little touches, a chocolate on my bed and peanuts the following day, a tea/coffee tray with all options. My bed was comfortable and the ensuite facilities good. Breakfast was amazing, a breakfast bar with fruit cereals, yogurts ect a full english and then tea cakes, a good start to the day. I found this a bargain for what I paid and Marion was very approachable and would do anything she could to help so would highly recommend and would stay there again.

Fabulous breakfast.

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written March 26, 2008

• rmicallef profile photo rmicallef
  • Reviews: 8

Ashness Farm: Keswick Working Farm Guest House

Simply unique. I recomment this accomodation to anyone. Will visit again for sure !

Bedroom is large enough, showers/bath available, clean enviornment, excellent english farmhouse breakfast including cumberland sausage, eggs, mushrooms, toast, tomatoes, cerials / milk, orangejuice & fruit. Owners are very helpful.

Views are amazing. From bedroom you can see mountains, Derwent lake & grazing animals.

• Related to: Backpacking, Farm Stay, Hiking and Walking
  • Written October 4, 2006

1 of the Views from the farm

• grahamopey profile photo grahamopey
  • Reviews: 49

Winchester Guesthouse: Quality guesthouse

Located a short stroll from Keswick, the Winchester guesthouse is one of many in the same street. You can't try them all but I will say the owners of the Winchester are a lovely couple (the dog isn't so bad either) and they will do anything you need to make your stay more comfortable.

Short walk to the town centre and couldn't be friendlier without being TOO friendly.

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Windsurfing, Fishing
  • Written July 11, 2006

• sandysmith profile photo sandysmith
  • Reviews: 5725

No. 10 Southey Street: Central Friendly B&B

We drove to Keswick having seen the good weather forecast and just happened to chance upon this B&B. We were fortunate - not just because most other B&B's in the nearby roads were displaying no vacancies (and there's lots to choose from) but this was a great blessed find.
Even just from their sign outside you get a feeling of the welcome that lies inside.

We had a double room with an en-suite shoewer room .Lovely appointed room with the warmest fluffiest duvet ever. Tea and coffee making facilities plus little touches such as cotton wool buds for make up removal, a sewing kit, magazines - just litle extras but undelines the detail put into the rooms. Kerry has been welcoming guests here for 3 years now and much care has been put into the rooms and standard is high. Delicious full cooked breakfast is included - with veggie option if required.
A bonus is that car parking is available here too - a real plus for Keswick.
Our room was £26.50 each for 1 night - £25 pppn for stays of 2 nights or more.
We will be more than happy to stay here again on another visit - and I'll ring ahead to avoid disappointment!

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written December 29, 2005

speaks for itself!

• DOUGALSMUM profile photo DOUGALSMUM
  • Reviews: 111

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Keswick Cottages: I am loathe to let you in on this secret

If you are looking for self-catering accomodation in and around keswick then you can do no better than to contact "KESWICK COTTAGES", they are a family run letting agency offering an excellent choice of self catering apartments and cottages in keswick and its environs.The accomodation offered is all absolutely first class, spotless and well equiped (and reasonably priced)
The people themselves are extremely helpfull, friendly and efficient-making planning your holiday pretty trouble free!

Whatever the size of your party from 2-12 they will have something to fit and you will love it.
I am not going to tell you where I stayed for my own selfish reasons-I dont want you booking it and me not getting in!!, but I will tell you the cottage was beautifully decorated , each bedroom had an en-suite with a POWERFULL shower, kitchen was fully equiped, including washing machine and tumble dryed (essentiall in the lakes). and the views were to die for.Of course there were walks from the door-have I whet your appetite yet?, have a look attheir website they are bound to have something to suit you.

• Related to: Hiking and Walking
  • Written February 8, 2005

view from my cottage

• CdnJane profile photo CdnJane
  • Reviews: 517

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Abacourt House: Good base for vacation or business travel

A friend and I stayed here just because it looked ok and was handy for us.
We were pleased with what we found - the twinbedded room, with ensuite, and breakfast. As I recall, it was a little more expensive than some of the B&Bs we'd been at, but compared to a full service hotel, it was still a good price.
It was handy for walking into see the shops, and sightseeing.
At breakfast there were a couple of men who appeared to be in Keswick on business (since they were dressed up in suits, seemed a good guess!), and we had the feeling that this was a regular accomodations for them when in Keswick.

Like I said, it was handy for walking into see the shops, and sightseeing.

• Written May 17, 2004

Camping & Caravanning Club Site: Lakeside Camping

We used to stay here every year when we were into camping (=had little money). It takes caravans, trailer tents, frame tents and backpackers, and is open to members and non-members. Prices vary accordingly.

This is a great campsite, set right on the lake and also alongside the river. It's a short walk from the site into town, which is a great bonus - most other campsites are a bit out of town.
The facilities are decent, and the tent pitches are quite well spaced. The site is well run, and "distrurbances" are not tolerated. If you're thinking of a stag weekend, thing of somewhere else.
The very last time we stayed here, we woke in the morning to find our tent floating, everyone else departed and the lake rising up to the caravans. This was a very rainy September weekend many years ago. After that it was hotels for us!

• Written September 12, 2003

Eden Green: Eden Green

Nice little guesthouse in a typical, solid Lakeland house very close to the centre of Keswick.
The rooms are comfortable and clean and the owners very welcoming and friendly. All of the rooms are en-suite, and there is a pretty large family room available.
The other rooms are not the largest you will ever see, especially the singles, but you can't complain too much.

This used to be a vegetarian guesthouse, which is what first attracted us here. It has since changed hands and the new owners will do you either a veggie or "normal" breakfast. This is of the "full english" variety and is really filling and tasty.
Rooms work at about 20 to 25 pounds per person per night.

• Written September 12, 2003

Eden Green Guest House

The Heads: The Heads

The road known as "The Heads" is occupied largely by a number of mid-sized hotels, built in traditional lakeland slate and offering great views of the lake to the front and Skiddaw to the rear.
A good hotel on this road is the Crow Park, which is a 2* hotel.

There are plenty of other hotels in this part of town too. If you're on foot just walk around a bit and take a look.

• Written September 9, 2003