Mary Mount Hotel

Priceline Booking.com

Tags

Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Hiking and Walking Photography
See Amenities

the best hotel in north Lakeland

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed there from 19 to 23rd March and not only 'could not fault it' but found everything to our liking and more.
The bedrooms - we had to change rooms because we extended our initial booking - were both extremely comfortable; wwe slept like logs on the beds and the bathrooms were both generous in size and well stocked with lovely towelling, etc. Both rooms, 23 & 3 had excellent views over to Catbells and provided some enchanting scenes from frosty and misty mornings. The dining room was a real treat, even before any food was swrved; there was a plethora of bird-feeders around the fully glazed room with a fantastic range of small birds to occupy your time while waiting for breakfast which was more than plentiful.
But it was the dining experience in the evenings - when the birds were well asleep - that really set this hotel apart from any other we have stayed in the Lake District. Each and every course was a surprise and delight. Not just from a quantity point of view but in terms of superb quality and presentation. We really did enjoy this experience. And the perceptive timing as to when to clear the table after courses reminded me of meals I have enjoyed at Birmingham College of Food where young waiters are perfecting their skills. At this point I might add that there was one young waitress who was undergoing training, but you wouldn't have known that if you hadn't heard a comment later. She was assured in what she was doing. But, that wasn't the only work she did; one morning I saw her dusting the stairway pictures as we came down for breakfast and after getting our cereals, she was ready to take our orders. The management and staff work exceedingly well together and run 'a tight ship'. And a very good one.
For over 10 years we owned a static caravan in Bassenthwaite and prior to that tayed in several hotels and guest houses in Keswick and surrounding areas, as well as in the Southern Lakes and I can safely say that this experience was the very best. I overheard new visitors asking if they too could order their meals from the Main menu and were surprised to be told 'there is no second-class menu for special offers travellers; everyone eats from the same menu.
We will be back - in September.

Jim Tomlinson, Solihull

Directions: Travel to Keswick and leave along the Borrowdale Road. The Hotel is on the right about 3 miles from Keswick, shortly after a left turn for Watendlath and Ashness bridge

Nearby Mary Mount Hotel

• Bar / Lounge
  • Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed

Keswick Travel Forum

Need advice about Keswick, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Keswick and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Keswick hotel reviews