Cedar Manor Hotel

Ambleside Rd, Windermere, EN, LA23 1AX, United Kin
Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Cedar Manor Hotel

Our family break in the Lakes

by TripAdvisor Member joen274

I would just like to say what a pleasant stay we had at this lovely, welcoming hotel.
From the moment we walked in there was a lovely family feel to the place and we were welcomed with a great smile from one of the owners Caroline with her husband Jonathan in the reception area.
They greeted us as if we were friends and the room that they placed us in was so warm and welcoming too.
I found this hotel on the website and it is exactly what it says on the tin, if not more.
We ate in the restaurant that evening and the food was out of this world. Our personal favourites were the tomato & basil soup, the seabass and monkfish. but the other food was excellent too. In fact I am sure that Gordon Ramsay would be very impressed with the food too!! I was that complimentary that they brought out the chef to talk to us as I wanted to pass on my gratitude for a lovely meal.
I must admit that I am a bit of a complainer if the service, room or food is not to my satisfaction but I really could not fault them at all with anything as I was 100% happy with everything.
If you want comfortable, welcoming and warm surroundings with excellent friendly service, I strongly recommend this hotel.
Since Caroline & Jonathan have taken over this hotel since June this year, they have taken to running the hotel like a duck to water. It would look like they have been running it for years.
They run this hotel with such passion and proffessionalism and treat their guests very well and look after them with a no trouble at all attitude, always.
They were great with our 2 kids and recommended the Car museum in Keswick which they loved and also the Beatrix Potter museum which was great for the family.
When we left the hotel, we looked at the wonderful comments that were in the visitors book and I would say they echo exactly what I have said in this review and well deserved too.
I will certainly be coming here again as I have now found a hotel that I would not be disappointed in and I must say to Caroline & Jonathan, Well done and congratulations on a successful business that will be there for many years to come!!
Regards Joe, Uzma, Adam & Zahra

Brilliant, friendly and comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member sabrina-Kev

After arriving at the Hillthwaite Hotel in Windermere and being thoroughly disappointed, the Cedar Manor was our saviour. The Management were extremely welcoming and made us feel comfortable. The food was great, the service was excellent and opening the curtains to a snow covered garden was priceless. One night definately wasn't enough and we plan to go back in March. The hotel furnishings are very nice and the bedrooms are done to a very high standard. It is easy to see from only a one night stay that the management take pride in the hotel and care about the guests that stay with them, they are both doing an excellent job.

A gem

by TripAdvisor Member twitchyfeet

A fabulous cosy little hotel, with SUMPTUOUS food.
The staff were friendly and welcoming, and nothing was too much trouble.
We stayed in the Orrest suite for one night and would love to have stayed longer. The whirlpool bath/jacuzzi was divine and the separate shower a nice touch. The bed was massive and super-comfy. There was a separate little sitting room - this was handy as I was so sated and relaxed after dinner that I chose to lie down and doze; whereas my husband stayed up later and took advantage of the wall mounted plasma screen TV & DVD player next door without disturbing me.
My only teeny tiny gripe is that the furniture in the sitting room was very uncomfortable, it was cane furniture akin to what you might find in a conservatory and no good for chilling out.
Other than that a perfectly relaxing night away with top quality food (both dinner & breakfast)- really good for the soul.
Would definitely go back ;-)

WiFi

by TripAdvisor Member BBandEB

Stayed at this hotel, warmly and lovingly run by Jonathan and Caroline. Nothing was too much trouble, bedroom was wonderfully comfortable and food and wine was really good.
They deserve to do well with the effort they put in, a really enjoyable stay.

Utterly Relaxing Escape

by TripAdvisor Member westbo

We just needed to escape and relax for the weekend. This hotel ticked all the right boxes. The couple that own and run the hotel were warm & welcoming and quickly made us feel like special house guests (despite cattering for a big party).
The room we stayed in was short on views but very comfortable – the bed was excellent – we slept like babies.
The food.. better than expected is well worth booking. The wine list is exceptional and wine advice even better.
If you need a quick romantic escape. Go now.. we will be back.

A Wonderful experience

by TripAdvisor Member CoolMick

My wife and I stayed at Cedar Manor for four night at the beginning of May. Our experience was fantastic and truly memorable. In the midst of some of the finest natural beauty this world has to offer is the truly wonderful hideaway that is Cedar Manor. Caroline and Jonathan made us feel most welcome and we felt a part of the family when we left. They couldn't do enough for us whether by way of advice on where to walk/hike/climb to recommending and booking local restaurants for us. Their own restaurant at the Manor must rank among the best in the Lake District.
I don't need to go into the quality of the rooms, food etc. Suffice to say it was what you'd expect from a top-class hotel. If you are booking however, book directly with the hotel either by phone or via their website as the booking agency websites charge a hefty premium per night.
Jonathan has an intimate knowledge of the local area and offers excelent advice on what to do in the area. Both Caroline and Jonathan have a real passion for what they do and this is reflected in the quality of the experience you will have when you stay. My wife was totally taken with the hotel and the Lake District and already is planning two return trips.
In a word, FANTASTIC. Thanks Caroline and Jonathan for giving us a little bit of heaven.

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member AJO_UK

I took my Mother to this Hotel in May for a Birthday treat. I must say it was a fantastic experience and we both enjoyed it.

The owners are most welcoming and attentive. We felt very at ease and we send our heartfelt thanks.

The Hotel itself, I felt, deserved more than the current AA rating of 2 stars. The grounds are very imressive and the Hotel is charming. The rooms are also good and comfortable.

The food is fantastic and very enjoyable although perhaps a nightly special would be useful for those guests staying a number of nights (to avoid repetition).

All in all a great stay and I would highly recommend Cedar Manor

by TripAdvisor Member stink57

Myself my husband and our 2 year old stayed at Cedar Manor for 6 nights in the ORREST HEAD Suite which was ideal for us having a small child as there is a seperate sitting room. The quality of this hotel is outstanding and the room was of a very high standard with a very large comfortable bed and lovely large luxurious pillows. As said in previous reviews Caroline and Jonathon cannot do enough to make your stay a pleasent one and they are excellent hosts. We stayed on a B&B basis but ate in the restaurant on 3 occasions in the evening and the food was superb with them accomodating a very chatty 2 year old. With regards to the previos review concerning the cane settee in the ORREST HEAD suite this has now been replaced with a very comfortable settee so no problems if you want to lounge. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and would like to thank Caroline, jonothan AND Elizabeth for a lovely holiday.

Lovers of the Lake District

by TripAdvisor Member silverlake_8

A warm and friendly greeting, by the owner, awaited us and nothing was too much trouble. The accommodation was first class, as was the food. We would happily stay there again

Comments