Lake Road, Windermere, LA23 2EE, United Kingdom
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant

Do not check in with a credit card!

by TripAdvisor Member Tourist_com

I have recentley stayed at the Glenburn Hotel in Windermere.
I would just like to mention to future guests to be aware of giving the Glenburn Hotel your credit card details, bank details etc. As I have found out that after I checked out they took money from my credit card without me knowing. I queried this and it has come to light that this hotel has done this before. I was not the 1st.

River Cottage- great home from home experience!

by TripAdvisor Member CDGPSA

We stayed in River Cottage for a three night stay. We found it a pleasant experience and will definately be returning there.It is situated at the back of the Glenburn hotel as mentioned by another trip advisor and has a lovely stream running along the back. The Cottage was very high standard, very modern in decor and clean and tidy on arrival. The cottage provided us with linen, towels enough for all 6 occupants, cutlery, crockery , iron, ironing board etc, bascially it was home from home. There is nothing we could fault about the cottage. We enjoyed the freedom of not being tied to breakfast and mealtimes. 2 members of our party used the spa/leisure facilites which is included in the price of a stay at River Cottage, they enjoyed a sauna and swim. I would recommend this cottage to anyone looking for a relaxing weekend away with Lake Windermere a nice ten minute walk away and the shops and local pubs 5 minutes walk. The owner was an extremely pleasant gentleman and I will be recommending this hotel to people.

lovely stay

by TripAdvisor Member JAJABINKS

stayed in this hotel for one night last week, the room was spotless and tastefully decorated, we booked the delux room, with four poster bed. We decided to eat in the restauraunt and the food was very nice, only disappointment was there were a couple of things not available from the menu, which when it is a limited menu, makes less chioces, but the food we chose was very nice and nicely presented.
my only complaint would be, was the people in the room above woke up at 5.30 and until 8.30 they walked round and round there room and the floor boards were very creaky, why any one gets up this early i dont know, but having said that it was not the hotels fault.
The staff were all polite, and a lovely break.

Top service and fab location

by TripAdvisor Member Take_a_BreakUK

My wife and I found this delightful hotel online and were not dissapointed when we arrived. The staff bent over backwards to make sure our stay was as comfortable as possible and the owner Colin even went out himself one morning to get some Soya Milk for my wifes cereal after we failed to tell them she had a dairy intolerance!

The food was up there with the best we have had in any hotel. This hotel and Windermere in general made this one of the best UK breaks my wife and I have had.

We will see you again! :)

Jim & Vicki

Home from Home

by TripAdvisor Member Laughalotkath

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and loved it. It was very cosy and comfortable. The staff are very friendly and made you feel at home immediately. Very clean rooms and tastefully decorated. We are so glad we booked our meals here as I would definately recommend the restaurant as the food was exceptional and the service wonderful. We were very very pleased with our stay here.

very nice place

by TripAdvisor Member Sherlock_H

Me and my partner had a room for 2 nights. Hotel is very nice, cosy, clean and staff were very friendly and eager to please. Food was lovely and spa bath was heaven. My only minus point is that you can clearly hear people's movements above you and in the corridor outside the room. But that is a very small thing compared to the overall stay. We would definately stay again and the location is perfect being almost equi-distant between Windermere and Bowness.

Fantastic stay

by TripAdvisor Member sarahnmalc

We stayed at the Glenburn recently for a 3 night break and I wish we had booked for longer. The service was fantastic - always with a smile and nothing was too much trouble. The room was lovely and clean and ready for us. The food was absolutely out of this world - we cant wait to go back and we are very surprised this was a 2 star - i'd have thought the hotel should deserve at least a 4 star rating. We'll be back again very very soon.

GameKeepers Cottage

by TripAdvisor Member DADs

My wife & myself, took my mother for a birthday treat (80th) to the Glenburn Hotels - 'GameKeepers Cottage'. (a long weekend (3 nights)). Found this to be excellant value for money.
£225 all in.
The cottage (3 bedrooms sleeping 6 (probably 4 adults & 2 children best) was really 'cosy' & had everything supplied.
It was truely 'home from home'. Would recommend this to anyone & will consider returning ourselves sometime. The visitors book was full of great reviews.
Location within Windermere itself, was ideal for all our needs e.g. shops, restaurants, pubs, attractions etc.

superb place

by TripAdvisor Member tigerman

super hotel, friendly staff the food was excellently presented,although 1 little fault was that we were told the menu would be different each night,it wasnt but there was ample choice so no worrys,the hotel is ideally placed between windemere and bowness,although when we were there it never stopped raining so never ventured far of a night.The ambience of the hotel made for a relaxing night in the lounge meeting people from all walks of life.Will be staying at the glenburn again,maybe in the summer this time though.Please try it you wont be dissapointed.

First Class

by TripAdvisor Member Rbrhr

From the time of our arrival we received friendly, efficient service from all we met. We especially enjoyed the superb cuisine and sampling several wines, which were not only unusual but very competitevly priced. First impressions often make or break any stay, both my wife and I were very impressed with the staff who are a credit to themselves and their profesion, we visit The Lake District several times a year and would not consider staying anywhere else.

Comments