New Rd, Windermere, LA23 2LA, United Kingdom
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Windermere Suites

Windermere Suites - we can't wait to go back

by TripAdvisor Member sparkyt

We have just returned from a couple of nights at Windermere Suites and had to share the experience. We stayed in the Coniston Suite - it looked fantastic on the website and is even better in real life. The owners really have put a lot of thought into the suites and we just loved the contemporary design and the privacy. We had ordered the Romantic Package which was waiting for us on arrival - chilled champagne and strawberries dipped in chocolate is a great way to start a weekend! The bed was huge and extremely comfortable; we took breakfast and room service in the separate lounge area - the food was great, especially the Cumbrian platter we had for breakfast. We did venture out into Bowness but could quite happily have stayed in the suite. The bathroom was amazing - fabulous mood lighting, a double spa bath and a television - a great way to unwind. The service was faultless - the staff were friendly and helpful and helped make the stay as comfortable as possible. We would thoroughly recommend Windermere Suites to anyone and cannot wait to stay again.

Fantastic luxury and comfort.

by TripAdvisor Member Fang-head

i booked the coniston room at the windermere suites as a suprise night away for my partners birthday, on arrival the friendly member of staff gave a quick tour and demonstration of the many features this vast suite had to offer. The room was full of designer furniture and gadgets. For me the bathroom was the best part of the spacious suite with a huge self cleaning air bath, waterproof TV mirror, huge shower and fancy sink with LED tap and mirror, the added mood lighting just topping it off.
the lounge area was very spacious with its own 42" lcd (as if the one in the bedroom wasnt enough)
breakfast is deleivered to your room in the morning and it was well worth the wait, a lovely cumberland platter!
we would definitely visit the windermere suites again, a great stay and comfort at its best.

The most romantic stay of my life

by TripAdvisor Member sum_harry

Windermere suites are truly fantastic, the decor is world class, the service second to none, you must give it a try.

For special occasions dont go anywhere else

by TripAdvisor Member uros2

When you pull up at the Windermere suites you know you have come somewhere special, lovely exterior with contemporary stone features, lighting all married with traditional lakeland stone, very impressive, then when you enter the decor and lighting just take your breath away, lovely reception and very keen and helpful staff show you to your suite ( our was Grasmere, one of the cheapest ) and you walk into heaven, everywhere you look its just quality, quality, quality, this room is all whites and silvers, mirrors and designer furniture, you know you have definitely made the right choice, my partner was equally impressed.

Beautiful, friendly staff, ideal location, highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member Shezza77

I was fortunate enough to be booked into the Windermere Suites recently on business, due to my colleague being familiar with both the property and the owners. I enjoyed a relaxing stay in the Grasmere Suite, and will be recommending the property to friends and family in future. The property is impeccably furnished and designed, with no expense spared nor detail overlooked. The rooms are spotlessly clean and full of light and character. Everything has been thought of in terms of comfort and luxury for your stay, bathrobes, White Company toiletries, high quality linens and towels, in-room bar, plasma TV. My suite had a plasma TV in the bathroom, huge whirlpool bath and massive walk in power shower, heated rails, and funky LCD lit-up taps. The bed was huge and very comfortable. Three big windows had light streaming into the room. It was a very hot evening the night I stayed and the room was a bit warm, but I suspect this would have been the case in many hotels. Check in and out is easy and efficient, but do note that there is not 24-7 service in this property - it is suited to the independent traveller who values privacy and luxury with non-intrusive service. There is an out of hours number to call in emergencies but otherwise you have your own key to the front door of the property to come and go at your leisure. Breakfast is served in the room in the morning, and was absolutely delicious. You fill in a request the night before to choose your breakfast and your service time. I really enjoyed this as it meant you didn't have to rush around getting ready and going to sit with other people in a formal dining area!
Easy access to WIFI in the room using the password provided.
Its only a short walk into Windermere and therefore ideally located. The exterior of the property is also beautiful and there is parking available. I would highly recommend this property for a special occasion or celebration, particularly if you value privacy and the upper end of stylish accommodation. I loved the fact that it felt more like a boutique B&B stay rather than a posh hotel, but retaining high quality furnishings and very comfortable and luxurious fittings. Many thanks for a luxury stay, will definitely use again if in the area.

Fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member NewbiesWales

Stayed in The Ambelside Suite for our anniversary . It's on the ground floor at the back of the hotel. Has it's own private entrance via patio doors so you can come and go as you please without having to go throught the hotel.Patio doors lead onto a little terrace area which is on the back car park. It doesn't have a great view but it didn't bother us in the slightest as we really enjoyed the extra privacy it's own entrance afforded. The rooms are furnished to a very high specification.The bathroom is amazing with double spa bath, television and fab mood lighting. The super kingsize bed was so comfy and the champagne on ice with choccy dipped strawberries on arrival were divine. That suite also has it's own two way serving hatch. Order brekky from vast selection the day before and specify a time and it arrives piping hot right on cue into your room. I have no negative comments to make at all and the sausages which feature heavily on another review on this site were also yummy. Also ,we were told that the hotel was full the weekend we stayed but we didn't hear a thing from any other room , due to what i assume is superb sound proofing. Shops and restaurants are in very close proximity to the hotel so eating out was no problem at all , and we look forward to another stay at this fab jewel of a hotel .

Just fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member Tomsfamily5

My family & i stayed here on our UK tour for 3 nights ( extended from 1 as its that good )

Huge suites, great service, decor and a design masterpiece.

Comfortable and luxurious with great food.

We stayed in many hotels during our 3 week UK trip but this was by far the best, even better rooms than the Ritz in London where we had a suite for 2 nights costing 4 times as much ( Ritz not that good really for money)

Would stay again and have already told family and friends who live in UK to give it a try

Best time ever

by TripAdvisor Member mick144513

My boyfriend and i have just returned from this amazingly romantic boutique hotel, we had a great time and can't think of anywhere better we could have stayed for are romantic short break. A big thank you to the staff for the great service and warm welcome, going back very soon.

You just have to see this place

by TripAdvisor Member harris415

My Wife & i have just returned from a 3 night stay in the Lakes, we stayed 2 nights in the Howbeck which was lovely ( see other review ) and 1 night at the Suites to celebrate our 25 years of being married, what a find! it could not be more special, you just have to see the place to see the detail they have gone into, the results are breathtaking.

The breakfast was brought to our room & oh what a breakfast, the staff where profesional but not intrusive, the only thing that could have been better is the location, it has not got lake views but they do make that clear on the web site, it great if you want to walk into Windermere or to the lake.

We re booked on departure for a stay in August, i have a feeling its going to get difficult to get into this place soon as they only have 8 suites and its apparently just been nominated for the funkiest b&b in the UK awards by the AA, i dont know what the competion is like but it would not surprise me if it won!

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member SandraGlasgow

We have just returned from a 2 night stay in The Hawkshead Suite, I can only agree with all the other reviews previously written. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, breakfast very good, bathroom fab and the furniture very funky.
On the down side one of the reasons that I booked this room was because it stated on the web that it had an outside area, its actually on the first floor and has no outside area, I must say that this was a disapointment and I was not able to be moved as I the ground floor rooms were booked.
Perhaps some information / menus regarding good restaurants in the area would be helpful.
Cant wait to return !