The Park Hotel

Taw Vale, Barnstaple, EX32 9AE, gb
Park Hotel
Priceline.com Booking.com eDreams

More about Barnstaple

Pic Taken From The Bus!Pic Taken From The Bus!

Temporary Exhibition "Harvest of Jugs"Temporary Exhibition "Harvest of Jugs"

PeoplePeople

Signage on Station Front.Signage on Station Front.

Travel Tips for Barnstaple

Barnstaple Tourist Information Centre

by johngayton

The Barnstaple Tourist Information Centre (TIC) is situated on The Square in Barnstaple where The High Street meets the river and is an excellent information resource both for visitors and even those of us who live here. The staff are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful and can assist with just about any query that you have regarding not just the town itself but North Devon in general. Whether it is places to stay, places to visit, places to eat, local entertainment, transportation or even just where to go for a beer!! Yep, all the info is there.

There are loads of freebie maps and all the usual brochures and the staff are more than happy to assist should you require it. The centre is open 9.30 to 5pm Monday to Saturday all year.

The phone number is 01271 375000 and the website: Barnstaple TIC has loads of useful info and links.

The building also houses The Museum of North Devon (which I've yet to visit but will do so in the near future).

Little place called Barnstaple...

by Sharon

"View over Barnstaple"

"A visit at my Friends Catherin (Cuckoo)"

I was traveling to Devon to Visit my friends Catherin (vt name Cuckoo) and Danny (Skipper) who was unfortunetally at work away from home).
This wasn't our first meeting, first we met on the Big VT meeting that held in London on June 2002 (see my london page and travelogues).

Catherin picked me up in the train station and i've been there till the next day in the afternoon.
We had a lovely time and we traveled around while Cath was showing me and telling me about all those places and its history.
It was great being there and i've surly been treated like a princess also by Catherin's son Daniel - Thanks Daniel !!
Unfortunetally Danny was a way from home for work and we didnt manage to meet, next time i'm gona call your boss Danny and you'll be locked at home waiting for me !! or i'll bring mt black boots...ya know..
Thank you guys it was wonderful and i hope we'll meet again soon...

For more about my visit see my travelogues.

Sharon.