Dart Marina Hotel

See Amenities

An exceptional hotel experience

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 25, 2008

An exceptional hotel experience and a great place with its own marina, situated in the beautiful location of Dartmouth. I had such a lovely stay with them from ‘check-in’ to ‘check-out’ that I felt compelled to write a review and share my experience. When I arrived, I was offered a complimentary drink and happier still that they had extra availability and upgraded me to a ‘luxury’ room. I just love it when that happens. My room was very clean, with fresh flowers in the vase by the windows that looked out over the River Dart and the Devon landscape. The binoculars supplied in the room to take in the view and a complimentary gift bag of Devon fudge all made for a setting that was comfortably contemporary and welcoming. The Spa facilities and treatments available were comprehensive: gym, treatment rooms, jacuzzi, steam room and a swimming pool that generated a water current to swim against, allowing you to achieve a good ‘workout’ in a relatively moderate sized pool area. I loved the pool, but didn’t have time to sample the menu of treatments. Nor did I eat in the main restaurant. Instead I met with friends in the hotel’s informal bistro called ‘Wildfire’ and it was the little things that made all the difference to the evening like staff opening doors for you and receiving a genuine warm welcome. With a menu of fresh locally sourced dishes, even the bread rolls were outstanding - absolutely delicious and all homemade by the resident chef. We all agreed on how good the food had been and couldn’t resist having an expertly mixed cocktail. So big smiles all round our table before we left the Bistro and a memorable evening in a fabulous setting.

Unique Quality: I had breakfast in my room next day: perfectly cooked and all delivered to my room piping hot and on time. I would definitely recommend the Dart Marina Hotel & Spa. Whilst the setting was outstanding, and the quality levels throughout the hotel were all very high, it was most definitely the people, the service and the uncompromising attention to detail that made this place really stand out from all of the rest. I’ll definitely be back.

Directions: If you head towards the ferry boat that runs from Kingswear to Dartmouth (6 minute crossing) Dart Marina Hotel and Spa is situated on the banks of the river to the right of the ferry crossing

Nearby Dart Marina Hotel

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Dartmouth Travel Forum

Need advice about Dartmouth, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Dartmouth and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Dartmouth hotel reviews