Dolphin Hotel

johngayton's Profile Photo

Not A Tourist Review!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 7, 2009

I actually lived in this hotel, for a couple of months, a few years ago, whilst doing a contract job in the area. Therefore this review is a bit atypical and slightly dated.

However, the hotel is still in the same hands and has been recently given a bit of a makeover and so I'll give my general impressions.

The Dolphin is a smallish (25 rooms) family run hotel with fairly basic facilities, more of a B&B than a hotel, but is clean, attractively furnished and with quite plush communal bar and lounge areas. Being family run, service is always friendly and helpful and nothing reasonable is a problem.

The hotel is targetted towards the budget end of the market and offers a variety of accommodations from single rooms to family rooms and often offers special rates for longer term bookings and off-season stays. Having only stayed in one of the cheap single rooms I can't comment on the others but given the general standard of the place they should be clean and comfortable, although some may be a bit on the small side.

The hotel's location, on a quiet residential side street, between the town centre and seafront, means that it doesn't boast anything in the way of views but it is an ideal location for getting about with everything the town has to offer within easy walking distance.

Unique Quality: The main reason I stayed here was because it was cheap and became even cheaper when the owner discovered I was a professional cook and so I swapped a couple of mornings of my time to help them out with their breakfasts for a huge reduction in my room rate. Cooking for my bed, rather than singing for my supper!

Directions: About half-way down Victoria Road, between The Strand and The Docks, on the corner of Morton Road.

Nearby Dolphin Hotel

Dolphin Hotel

• Dolphin Hotel Exmouth

Address: 2-6 Morton Road, Exmouth, EX8 1AZ, United Kingdom

1 Photo of Dolphin Hotel

Amenities at Dolphin Hotel

• Bar / Lounge

Exmouth Travel Forum

Need advice about Exmouth, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Exmouth and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Exmouth hotel reviews