1 William Prance Road, Plymouth, Devon, PL6 5ZD, United Kingdom
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Future Inn Plymouth

Another great experience at Future Inn, Plymouth!

by TripAdvisor Member MMicciche

I would highly recommend Future Inn, Plymouth. We stayed for 8 nights in November, as we had last year, and everything was excellent once again. The rooms and bathrooms are very large with comfortable queen size beds and fluffy duvets with lots of pillows. Plenty of towels, etc in the bathroom and a tea tray with all the fixings refreshed each day. Housekeeping was extremely efficient and all staff members were professional and polite. Most importantly, the hotel is spotlessly clean. The hotel is only two years old and is in the same impeccable condition that it was in when we visited one year ago. The bedroom contains a large flat screen tv and free wireless internet in the lobby, bar and meeting rooms. Limited free internet on the television or broadband for a charge are available in the bedroom. There is a guest laundry and ice machine on the first floor, which were very handy. Free parking is plentiful on the hotel grounds. While the hotel is located rather north of city centre, if you have a car, it is a short drive. There is also a bus stop right outside the hotel. The A38 to Exeter or Cornwall is located only minutes away by car, and it is also only 15/20 minutes drive to the heart of Dartmoor. I would absolutely recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

Great Location to Explore the South West

by TripAdvisor Member NPJones

We have just returned from a long weekend at the Future Inn - Plymouth. The hotel is in magnificent location for exploring both Devon and Cornwall.

As the hotel is still relatively new the standards were excellent - not suffering the usual cleanliness issues you get with large chain operations.

We stayed in a large (mid range) room containing two "Canadian" Queen Size Beds. Room facilities included the usual tea and coffee but also had reliable internet access and a flat screen TV!

Meals are served in the Contemporary Restaurant adjacent to reception. It was good to see an attempt has been made to source local produce. Breakfast was great with choice of contintental style cold meats and cheese or a more traditional cooked english option if required. Dinner was an event in itself, the portion sizes were very generous and the food was of good quality and all at very reasonable prices!

Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel we have stayed in of late and certainly the best value for money - and I am extremely fussy! If you want to mix a good quality break away with access to some of Britain's most beautiful countryside and coastline this hotel is an absolute must

fantasic staff

by TripAdvisor Member smith200

I choose future inns because i had seen them in Canada and i thought i would give it a go over here.
when i arrived at the hotel i found there was lots of space and loads of easy parking.
the entrance is bright and open and the reception area is great to.
the receptionist was fantastic (i cant remember her name but she was a young blonde), she was easy to talk and very quick at what she does.
the hotel was great, the room and bed were large and comfortable and also a good price for what you got. great tv. the food was very nice to, i would stay again in the future, crap pun i know.

Would not stay again

by TripAdvisor Member blueeyesbrown

I first had doubts about staying at this hotel when I sent 2 emails requesting information and received no response to either query one of which was relating to an early check in as I would be travelling with my 21 month old daughter. I arrived with my husband, daughter, mother and sister at 13.15 after travelling for 3.5 hours and asked again whether we would be able to check in early and without any greeting or exception were told no. we decided to have lunch in the restaurant next door BIG MISTAKE slow service and bad food were to follow. We were finally able to check in after 14:00 with no greeting from reception, I requested a cot for our room and did not receive one for another hour after checking in. The beds were lovely but the it was pretty noisy due to traffic. At least the staff were consistent in their lack of customer service skills when we checked out!

Not bad

by TripAdvisor Member JVH1

I liked this hotel and some of the extra touches like free internet connection in the rooms.

It's like an up-market travelodge - it's a bit sterile in places, but overall it's modern and very comfortable if you just want a place to crash.

Staff were very friendly. Only downside was no hot water in the morning and I didn't have time to complain. T'was a cold shower!

Good room, bad food, arrogant service

by TripAdvisor Member Khattab_Towers

Hotel catering for business people, located 3 miles out of town in an industrial park. One pub nearby and nothing else within walking distance. Convenient for College of St Mark and St John and the airport.

I stayed three nights at the hotel (22-24 July). While the standard of the room was excellent, I ended up registering a formal complaint about the restaurant. The posting below contains the substantive text of the letter I sent to the manager. Just over two weeks later I received a reply which consisted of a receipt for the refund on the breakfasts and a compliment slip. There was no letter or any other sort of communication. I can only interpret this as an arrogant 'give him the money to shut him up' response. That really wasn't the point behind my bothering to write to them. The room was excellent but the whole experience really let down by the restaurant. I also wrote because the main desk staff seemed powerless to do anything. They simply told the queue of people complaining that day to fill in the room questionnaires "becase they DO get read".

One final comment - I chose this hotel rather than the neighbouring (and cheaper) Inn Keeper's Lodge because it advertised a fitness room. There is one, but the facilities are very limited, located in a standard guest room. I didn't really fancy working out looking at a magnolia wall or through a net curtain at the surrounding industrial park.

+++++++

During all three breakasts the state of the restaurant was poor. The majority of tables were left uncleared and uncleaned. On the third day I was unable to find a single clean table at which to sit, despite the restaurant not being particularly busy at the time. On all three days I waited until I had almost finished eating before coffee was offered. On one day I gave up and went to help myself before being told rather curtly that it would be brought over. I still then waited another five minutes before it was. As a vegetarian I must also point out that the arrangement of the cooked food was unsatisfactory. The meat options were habitually placed behind the non-meat options, such that spillage of the former into the latter could easily occur. The lack of clear association of serving implements to receptacles also meant that guests were often using the same spoons and tongs to serve themselves to both meat and non-meat. As a result I felt myself limited to toast (although even that was unavailable one day) and the cereal options.

The most unfortunate issue to raise is that the staff seemed disinterested, poorly trained, and sometimes surly. On the final day I went to draw the general mess to the attention of the main desk, only to find myself in a queue of people doing the same. The previous day I had witnessed the gentleman who was front-of-house in the restaurant that morning being reprimanded in the foyer because of the poor state of the restaurant. While it was reassuring to see action being taken, it was inappropriate that this should have been done in a public place and it was moreover dismaying to find that the restaurant was even worse the following day.

I regret that I have felt the need to write this letter, as I do not consider myself ‘the complaining type’, and I should reiterate that I found the room truly excellent. The issues with breakfast, however, were unacceptable. Finally, given that my experience of breakfast was cereals and (occasionally) toast and coffee in dirty surroundings, I would like to request a refund to the value of the three breakfasts taken during my stay.

Expectations Exceeded!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member jennyjonesSheffield

When visiting family in Plymouth, i found myself undecided on where to stay. A close friend told me to check this site and read some reviews. In doing so i found myself somewhat drawn to Future Inns Hotel. I checked their website and the rooms looked too good to be true, with very reasonable and affordable prices.
My husband booked us a room 1 week before we were due to arrive, the receptionist's telephone manner was very proffesional and friendly. Credit card details were needed to secure the room but no charges were made until point of arrival.
At check-in everything went smoothly, receptionist friendly and helpful, we were in our room before we knew it.
Both the Bedroom and Bathroom were gleaming, with the room being a comfortable temperature too.
On the premises of the hotel there is a restaurant called Fishbone, unfortunately we didnt get the chance to dine there but when having a drink at the bar other guests couldn't praise it enough, we were also told that they do a continental and full cooked breakfast buffet, but being in room only we ate out with family instead. Will definately visit Fishbone next time!
on our second day the towels in the rooms were changed and coffee/milk/tea etc.... were topped up.
We didn't stay in the hotel much but when we were the staff we met were always happy to help and polite.
On our last day we had to be out of the room by 12 midday which was expained at check-in, we were ready to checkout at 10:30, as we got to the lobby there were a few people in front of us checking out, so we had a coffee in the bar as we waited. When checking out and settling bill, receptionist seemed to have an interest in how our stay had been and was making friendly conversation.
Our research payed off, we had an excellent time away with family, and an exceptionally comfortable and pleasant stay with Future Inns.
I will recommend this hotel to all and most definately be visiting again!!!!

Huge Room, Tiny Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member cjgordy

I stayed at Future Inn for 2 nights with my partner to celebrate my birthday. When you pull up the hotel looks fantastic and very modern. We checked in and the very helpful lady asked if we would like breakfast as I had booked room only. Before I had chance to answer my girlfriend had said yes! Was £8 per breakfast and to be honest was a touch disapointing. We went down at 9:30 on Saturday, an hour before they stopped serving and there was barely anything left. No bangers, few bits of bacon, no toast, half a spoonful of scrambled eggs. And no one nearby to ask if more was en route. And the plates there to have breakfast on are tiny! More like a plate for your toast than a full english!

But apart from the breakfast everything was great. The room was massive with a double bed, sofa and armchrair. Good sized bathroom and a very comfy bed. It was clean and well decorated with everything you would need including a flat screen tv and free internet access.

We also ate in the hotel restaurant Fishbone one night and that was brilliant. Good price, big helpings and very very tasty!
All in all a good weekend away and much nicer than a travel lodge or holiday inn.
Would thoroughly recomend the Future Inn.

Fab hotel; BAD restaurant

by TripAdvisor Member Chocol88

As many other reviewers, I found the hotel to be bright, spacious and comfortable. The staff were friendly and efficicent. I wish I could say the same for the restaurant.
The service was slow, the food disappointing and the manager incapable of dealing with my complaint in a professional manner.
I wrote to the operations manger, who avoided the main complaint. I ended up wrtiting to the owner of the company (I have his e-mil, if anyone would like it) before I felt my concerns were taken seriously and to get an apology.

not so brilliant

by TripAdvisor Member needarestUk

I diddnt intend to post a review as i was only having dinner, however the more though iv given it, perhaps now iv looked at other reviews i should have added mine earlier.

Very Average food
very slow service
staff very chatty to each other but not to guests
in general, quite poor
it seemed at times that there were no staff available, in general we just felt a bit uncared for, no one was especially bad {or good} it was all just a bit flat and not at all special, if someone told me they were going for a meal, i wouldnt say dont go its awful, id just say, im sure there are better places

Welcoming Entrance (To The "a Garden" ;))Welcoming Entrance (To The "a Garden" ;))

The HoeThe Hoe