Invicta Hotel

11/12 Osborne Place, Lockyer Street, The Hoe, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 2PU, United Kingdom
Agoda.com Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Invicta Hotel

unique, in a good way

by TripAdvisor Member S1m00

I regularly stay at this lovely family run hotel when visiting my daughter at the university, the greeting is second to none, and the owners and staff are more than happy to help and advise on all aspects of your stay and are very knowledgeable of all local ameneties. nothing is too much trouble. They even cooked off the menu at short notice to accommodate for my special diet.

the hotel itself is full of character and the rooms are to a high standard with all the modern touches such as a flat screen tv. Internet access is free which is rare these days and the fone was not expensive.

The free car park was also a bonus but was not the biggest, only around a dozen cars.

Would not consider going anywhere else when I next return,

See you all soon!

Highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member Scot9969

We are a party of 17 golfers who stayed at the Invicta for 2 nights.
The Hotel is well located with the Barbican and Seafront a short walk away.
The rooms were small but clean and to a good standard, the bar was well stocked and the food was great (we ate both breakfast and an evening meal there).
All the staff were most helpful and looked after us really well.

This is a small family run Hotel who offer excellent value for money and we would definitely stay again.

Great Place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Brasso60

We have stayed at the Invicta two or three times a year for the last five years and have always found it to be great. This last time we took our family - 8 adults and 5 small children. The hotel staff coped brilliantly with us all. We had a large family birthday dinner there - 10 adults and the 5 children and it all went very smoothly.

The rooms are always clean and comfortable and if there is a problem - this time the shower hose leaked a little - it is dealt with promptly. The atmosphere is always very friendly and the staff remember us from visit to visit, which is very gratifying.

We will certainly be going back and we have recommended the hotel to a number of our friends and family.

A pleasant stopover

by TripAdvisor Member langtoonlad

We stopped over for one night on our way from Cornwall to London. The only drawback was the lack of a lift but our luggage was taken care of so this was not a problem.
Very nice hotel and a great location - great breakfast for an English hotel. Would use this hotel if we visit Plymouth again.

Enjoyable Stay

by TripAdvisor Member onlyme999

I recently stayed over 2 nights at the Invicta Hotel. My room was clean and staff very friendly. Breakfast was enjoyable and I had a relaxing stay over. I will be returning to the Invicta when I am back in Plymouth.

Highly Recommended

by TripAdvisor Member lilolewinedrinkerme

I have recently stayed at The Invicta and am thankful that I DID NOT consult Trip Advisor before making a reservation as I normally would. I have to say that I find certain previous reviews to be extremely unfair.
I found this lovely little hotel to be of the highest standard in every way. Roy, Betty and their family were extremely welcoming and friendly and the room beautifully maintained, decorated and complimented by some beautiful artwork.
I was travelling in a group and was able to have sight of many rooms, all of which were of the same high standard.
We also ate in the restaurant - my compliments to the chef !!
I for one should not hesitate to return to this hotel and indeed to the beautiful city of Plymouth.

wonderful stay

by TripAdvisor Member southc

where do i start, a very warm and freindly greeting on arrivle and it didnt stop there nothing was to much, any information i needed was available and if not stright away was obtained. just recently redecorated to a very high standard but still in charactor. I originally booked for three nights but ended up stayed for seven nights and enjoyed every moment, i will with no doubt be staying again in the near future. over all a very warm, clean, and most friendly place to be. Thank you for all you did to make my stay a most memorable one, Tracy

Great hotel, great prices

by TripAdvisor Member Parker1745

An excellent hotel situated near the Hoe but within easy walking distance of both the Barbican and shops. A lovely relaxed atmosphere with good food and comfortable, well appointed bedrooms. Would definitely go back again.

Welcoming

by TripAdvisor Member Aliano

The rooms have recently been re-decorated and are clean and comfortable with no complaints. The lounge bar is very good to unwind at the end of the day to socialise with like minded guests. The excellent full english breakfast is served between 7.00 and 9.00 and can be as hurried or relaxed as you wish.

Free parking at the rear is unfortunately limited, but consider that many other hotels in the area do not have this facility at all. Depending on the time of day street parking generally in Plymouth is either very congested and/or expensive. Only on one occasion I had to park some way away and move later in the evening when congestion had thinned out. Metered parking does not start till 10.00 am which is a bonus.

The hotel is just one minutes walk from the Hoe and onwards to the Barbican for those on holiday or a couple of minutes walk from the city centre for anyone who is on business or into retail therapy.

Forget the impersonal travel motels, the Invicta owners and their
staff will assure you of a warm welcome which will continue throughout your stay. We will be back.

Super spectacular

by TripAdvisor Member Howardworthing

An enjoyable week spent at the Invictor hotel, relaxed, friendly, comfortable hotel. Good food and very helpful staff.
Highly recommended.