Hotel Cimon

Booking.com Hotels.com Official Site

More about Hotel Cimon

An honest review of the Hotel Cimon

by TripAdvisor Member Sagriffiths

What a great place to stay. Spotlessly clean, location very good, hosts couldn't be nicer, Dennis and John certainly know their trade. The bread John makes is to die for. This is just a b&b and I feel a pity that other meals aren't offered because they would be so tasty. Yes, I'd definitely stay at Hotel Cimon again, and it truly is great value for money.

Wonderful Place To Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Thumbellina

Just returned from a 2 night stay with another couple. We both had standard rooms, which were lovely. The room & bathroom were very clean and comfortable.
A tour on arrival by Dennis was perfect, making us feel welcome to their home.
Breakfast was lovely and staff very polite.
Hotel Cimon is in a wonderful location and we will be returning again soon.
Torquay has a hidden night life.... we had no idea how good the bars etc are. Highly recommend!!!

A great find

by TripAdvisor Member Libby08

I have just returned from a four night stay at the Hotel Cimon, while attending a conference in Torquay. The hotel is excellently situated for the Riviera Conference Centre, as well as the town's main attractions.

The hotel room was very clean and well decorated - tea and coffee making facilities were a bonus. John and Dennis were delightful hosts who made me feel extremely welcome. The cooked breakfasts are also superb, with a very good choice of cereals, toast, freshly-cut fruit, yoghurts etc.

They could quite easily charge more for this hotel, which I believe represents outstanding value for money.

a very good find

by TripAdvisor Member InterestedInQuality

My boyfriend and I booked a room on the same day of departure and found the hotel extremelly good value, clean, cosy and good location. This hotel had a lovely atmosphere with ease of a good location. We were given the keys to our room and hotel which allowed us to enter the hotel at whatever time we wanted therefore did not have to come back before 11 or something. Breakfast was lovely, great choice, from big breakfast to crepes and waffles! The crepes were lovely and unusual to find in a devon hotel! Room was warm, cosy, clean a little small for some people but it just made for a better atmosphere. Oh and it was much cheaper than other places with less stars etc. we paid £120 for a double room! V V Good, would definitely stay again. We were a little late to check in (normally 10pm) but we were still given a very friendly reception but do try and keep to the 10pm check in obviously. We took the advise from this website and have been well served yet again.

Fabulous Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member PrincessFirecracker

If you are going to stay in Torquay I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

We came to Torquay to attend a wedding in May 2007. The staff were helpful, rooms were spotless and the breakfast was excellent and set us up for a long day of celebrations.

The location is good - only a short walk into the town centre.

When we checked out I forgot some belongings and the owners very kindly posted them back to me.

We are returning to Torquay again soon to visit our friends and we will definitley be making another reservation at this fabulous hotel.

Highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member MatZumerzet

Well, what can I say?

The reviews I read with regards to this hotel were spot on!

The service was nothing short of excellent, with Dennis giving us what must have been the most comprehensive welcome tour I have ever received from a hotel

As said elsewhere, the restaurant recommendations in the room folder were very useful (Vanilla Pod was extremely good and only 750 yds from the hotel - though unfortunately it is relocating).

We were extremely lucky with the weather whilst staying, meaning we could eat the (now legendary) breakfast out on the decking near the pool (pool is a very decent size considering the hotel size)

Breakfast really was superb - waiting staff were very helpful and polite, each morning saw another 2 selections of sweet and savoury home made breads! (try finding that at a Hilton!) and the main full english was of the highest quality

My thanks go to Dennis, John and the rest of the team for such a wonderful stay that will without a doubt be repeated, A++

Wonderful Classy B & B Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member EddieReg

Just returned from a 3 night stay to celebrate my birthday. We were a family of 4 adults. Had 2 x Twin Rooms. This is one of the best B & B hotels I have ever stayed at. The hotel is spotlessly clean throughout. Rooms are well appointed. Denis and John the co owners have a wonderful aptitude for looking after their guests. Staff are very friendly and the breakfasts are expertly cooked and served. I travel a lot with my Tour Operator company and you will be very hard pushed to find 4 and 5 star hotels that produce this quality. The hotel has an excellent small Bar and an outside swimming pool which was heated to 30 degress. The whole week-end experience was wonderful. I would recommend this location to anyone wanting to spend a few days in Torquay. Definitely one of the best. Well done, and we will be back.

Great B & B Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Tschappa

We stayed there from Aug 3rd until Aug 7th 2007. Family of 3 (2 adults, 1 teenager) from Switzerland. We had 2 rooms (1 twin room, 1 single room). Very clean hotel and the rooms are very well appointed. Dennis and John were very helpful and have a
wonderful aptitude to take care of her guests. Also their female staff was very friendly. We really enjoyed the heated outdoor swimming pool. Great place to stay. We recommend Cimon to anyone.

Banana waffles

by TripAdvisor Member Witsawagorn

We decided to come to Torquay for one night on the spur of the moment, and looked at the reviews on Trip Advisor of course! The phone contact with the hotel was very positive and our Tom Tom Go found it easily. I have stayed in a number of Torquay B & Bs and this one is certainly above average. Dennis was very welcoming, gave us a tour and booked us a restaurant for the evening. The standard room (Room 3) was extremely clean but very small, and in the typical manner of Torquay hotels had been created by partitioning a large room. The partitions were very thin and conversations from adjoining rooms could be heard clearly. Having said this everything worked and the shower was fine. Breakfast in the morning was excellent: my wife loved the banana waffles, and the buffet was extensive including excellent fruit bread. In all: very good value for money, but try to book one of the "non-standard" rooms (which look much larger) if you are going to stay longer.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member gonad

John and Denis were a delight and the breakfasts were tasty and stylish. Our four poster bed was so comfortable that our wedding night was wonderful. This hotel is one of the best we have ever stayed in and its ran by professionals. Rob and Toni

Comments