Celebrity Hotel Bournemouth

Hotel Celebrity
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Pleasantly Surprised

Trawled through many adverts for hotels in Bournemouth for a Saturday night, came across one named celebrity Hotel, £40 bed & breakfast and an offer for 3 course meal for £16 pound each, booked it as thought oh well only wasted £40 if no good !
    Well what a surprise we had, arrived and parked in the rear car park, the staff were really friendly and helpful, went up to our room, although a bit basic it had everything you needed for your stay.
    The restaurant was very nice to say the least, the food was amazing, fantastic value for the price, the service was outstanding.A good nights sleep was had by my wife and I and we enjoyed the buffet style Full English breakfast.
    Obviously there were minor details that let every establishnent down if you are that way inclined, but I was very glad we stayed here and will definately use it if we return to Bournemouth as it was fantastic value for money............so please give this hotel a try

More about Celebrity Hotel Bournemouth

Great staff and value for money!

by TripAdvisor Member Queeniz

Just returned from a short well needed break, and a break is excactly what it was.

We found it excellent value. Accommodation was a little tired but clean with well presented and comfy bedding. Star point were the staff, very friendly and very accommodating

Food was great buffet breakfast and fab ala carte dinner menu which was very affordable.

Would definately stay here again - children had free accommodation, just paid for dinner, they enjoyed the swimming pool.

Better Available Elsewhere For Less Money

by TripAdvisor Member not-here-by-choice

Stayed for 2 nights (Fri &Sat) to attend a course. No record of my booking held by the hotel but the staff on duty were helpful and found me a room..........which was pretty grim. Tired is an understatement, the wall paper in the bathroom was peeling off the walls, lino floor was unstuck in places and the shower was barely adequate. In the bedroom again the wallpaper was coming off the walls which were paper thin, the alarm clock was broken, telling the wrong time and as all the buttons were missing there was no way of resetting it or setting the alarm. The TV was also missing it's on/off switch which was helpful.

On the plus side the staff were very helpful, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast buffet was good.

Nice staff - but the hotel is poor

by TripAdvisor Member djthomas

The staff could not be nicer or more efficient in this East Cliff located hotel. But the hotel itself is so out of date and 'sad' looking. I had the strangest room that seemed to be 20 years out of date and the floorboards kept me awake all night - like being in a horror movie sound track - creak.... groan...... thud. If you do stay and you are in the older part of the hotel you will need ear plugs. They also mix the smoking rooms in with the non-smoking room - so as I none smoker all I could smell was the smoke from other rooms creaping under my room door? Management: please consider a floor of non smoking rooms? Like most hotels.

Horrible Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JasLilin

I have slept in worse places - just none that I had to pay for.

About 15 years overdue for a refurb, creaking floors, horrible bathrooms, cheap nasty and uncomfortable.

Lots of better hotels to choose from so choose another!

Pleasantly Surprised!

by TripAdvisor Member LauraCallaway

I've just come back from staying at the Quality Hotel in Bournemouth with my boyfriend and we really enjoyed it there. I booked the hotel before looking on TripAdvisor so was really worried about the hotel when everyone else's reviews were all so disappointing. But once we got there I was more than relieved. The hotel doesn't look so great from the front but has a really nice garden out the back and the room itself was perfect. It was nicely decorated, had loads of storage space and the bathroom was the biggest I've seen in a hotel room. There was nothing wrong with it. I did hear the creaky floorboards that everyone has mentioned but there are not nearly as bad as you think they'll be, once the TV is on you can't hear anything.
We had a buffet breakfast in the morning and it was delicious, lots of cereals and juices to choose from and then a traditional fry up.
Location of the hotel was great, it was a little distance from the beach and shops but nothing to trenuous, plus it means you're away from the hubbub of the social scene at night.
Only downside to this hotel, as in any hotel in Bournemouth or most seaside resorts, being only in my twenties I was about 40 years younger than the rest of the guests, but hey at least it was nice and quiet!

Ironic name

by TripAdvisor Member gppowis

Hotel is pretty shabby despite undergoing some renovations.
We were on a Stag doo, but that doesn't mean we didn't want somewhere nice to stay.
The rooms are spacious, as are the bathrooms (which are all pretty dated).
The carpets etc throughout are pretty tired.
The bar and the food in the bar are the redeeming features of this hotel.
The rooms consisted of a smallish bunk bed and a double.
The bedlinen etc was all clean and there were plenty of towels.
Decent size car parks and a 5-10 minute walk to the centre.
I wouldn't stay there through choice, but it was ok as a base for the weekend.

Tired hotel - needs much redevelopment

by TripAdvisor Member Danny Boy 123

Stayed 1 night in the Quality Hotel in May. The room was basic but functional. The bbathroom was in severe need of modernisation with chips in the enamel of the bath and black/mould aroud the windows. Obviously not touched since the 1970's.

The food in the restaurant was fantastic with huge quantities at reasonable prices, but it did lack atnosphere.

There are many other hotels in Bournemouth to choose from and I would recommend looking elsewhere.

What an awful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member GarfieldWatford

Stayed at the hotel for two nights as we were attending a wedding reception being held there. The family room we were given was awful curtains tied on with string, dirty walls with shabby furniture. The bathroom cord was very dirty and the bathroom needed a good clean. We did complain and were treated very badly by the hotel owner. The problem is the downstairs is lovely and has been updated and is three star but the bedrooms are definetly not. The hotel staff are lovely and treated my family really well. ( The ower could learn a thing or two)

If you're looking for a (decent) quality hotel - avoid this one !

by TripAdvisor Member NiceHotel4Me

Quality Hotel was the only hotel I could find in Bournemouth with availability for a last-minute get-away over the Bank Holiday weekend and, to be honest, I wish we hadn't bothered.

If you're trying to find somewhere to accommodate a Stag or Hen party - look no further: it's basic, cheap, relatively clean and in a pretty good location.

The room was described to me as a "good-sized double, with pine furniture and a plasma TV".

So - how was it really ?

Good size - yes (ish);
Pine Furniture - yes (but horrid);
Plasma - yes (LCD, actually) but no remote control;

What they didn't mention was: the bed is 100 years old (very lumpy and lots of "boing" noises when you're lying still), the bathroom is grim (with a shower-in-bath arrangement that can only manage a gentle trickle of luke-warm water), the walls are paper thin (yes - we could hear someone from the Stag group getting rather amorous with his new-found lady friend) and the hotel seemed to be hosting a "who can slam the door the loudest?" competition (our neighbours won).

If you're looking for a (decent) quality hotel - avoid this one !

We were lucky!!

by TripAdvisor Member Louisanaw

There was a group of 8 of us staying here for 1 night for my friends Hen Party. Staff at the check in, reception, bar were really friendly. Some of the rooms are smoking, some are non smoking. I had a non smoking room & we were surprised when we walked in our room. It was really spacious & nicely decorated. I think it had been refurbished recently. The bathroom was fine but I dont think it had been refurbished along with the bedroom. Out of the 4 rooms which we had booked, my room was the nicest. All the other rooms looked like something out of the 70's & were much smaller. Our room also had freeview,so we had a big choice of different channels to watch or radio stations to listen to, the other rooms didnt have this though!

Hotel is in a good location. You can either walk to the beach / centre or its a couple of minutes drive. Theres free parking at the hotel but the car park is quite small.

Comments