Cransley

11 Knyveton Road, Bournemouth, BH1 3QG, United Kingdom

More about Cransley

Lovely Small Hotel - Good value for Money

by TripAdvisor Member LambyandBeefy

We've stayed there for a 2 nights break in Bournemouth. The hotel is very well decorated - our room is a cosy double room overlooking a quiet backyard. The hotel is about 10 minutes away from Old Christchurch Road where lots of restuarants located and about 15-20 minutes away from shopping area.
With a price of 60.00GBP per room per night, you can not complain about this! Because this is a small hotel, there is a few things that you should bear in mind before you make a booking;
towels and bed linen can be changed daily AT EXTRA COST, breakfast only serve from 9.00-10.00am, if you forget your key and come back to the hotel after 10.30pm, you will probably have to stay out!
However, we were very happy staying there, the breakfast was delicious and it was all lovely and spotlessly clean.

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member pamsutcliffe

This was a really excellent hotel Jonathan and Simon the proprietors made us so welcome. The rooms were very clean and beautifully decorated, the breakfast selection was second to none, especially the cooked breakfast. This hotel is very central and was especially good for us as we arrived by train from N. Wales. Would love to go again and would recommend this hotel to anyone especially couples who want a quiet restful stay.

A Perfect Gem

by TripAdvisor Member chesca7

The Cransley is a beautiful small Hotel.Elegant,comfortable,with excellent breakfasts served in a delightful dining room, with views over a pretty garden.Standards are extremely high....the Hosts Jonathan and Simon are charming and very helpful without being intrusive.A lovely place to stay,we will certainly be returning and recommending the Cransley. A must for anyone who appreciates the best.

Jean and Albert................West Midlands.

Absolutely Superb!

by TripAdvisor Member Soulgirlie

How this gem is not No. 1 in Trip Advisor's list for Bournemouth, I don't know.

We needed a room last minute for the Bank Holiday and Cransley came up trumps. We were going to a wedding and needed to be able to book in and change before 12 noon. They made sure our room was the first to be made up so it was ready for us. We were greeted by our first names and made to feel very welcome. As others say, the hosts are ther when you need them but not "in your face".

The accommodation was roomy, nicely decorated, quiet, with very comfortable beds, nice toiletries, good hospitality tray etc. It was so clean and cared for throughout the whole house and you really felt like you were in someone else's home, right down to the cats and dog sleeping in the sunshine in the immaculate garden.

Thank you Simon and Jonathan for restoring our confidence in the B&B industry (after some pretty awful experiences ove the years that cost us a great deal more money), yes, there are some good ones out there!

Superb!

by TripAdvisor Member Miss-Traveller

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Cransley for 3 nights. The hotel is a beautiful house which has been extremely tastefully decorated. It amazed me how peaceful the surrounding is considering that you are very close to the city centre. The hosts play soothing music throughout the day that makes you relaxed and feel welcomed. The rooms are very comfortable and clean and breakfast time is a must where you are waited on hand and foot, constant coffee, tea and toast and a variety of cooked meals. Do remember to tell Jonathan or Simon if you want a different cooked breakfast the next day or they will serve you a repeat meal.
Even the garden is picturesque! I scaled the garden repeatedly looking for a weed, and could I find one? Nope.
Don't panic if you are a smoker, the garden is a fantastic place to have a cigarette and the hosts do not mind.
The walk to the town isn't a chore although it could well be for elderly or disabled guests.
The only rip off in Bournemouth is paying the 50p to go on the pier! It certainly is not this hotel. A definite must!
There are also lovely Nepalese restaurants in the city centre that has food to die for!
And please take a trip in the car through the New Forest and remind yourself what beautiful scenery England has to offer!

The best small hotel in Bournemouth

by TripAdvisor Member RyanLondon

I stayed at the Cransley hotel this summer and adored it. I found this small hotel perfect for unwinding and was happy to spend time in the beautiful residents lounge and pretty garden. The room was comfortable and cosy and breakfast was delicious and never rushed. I enjoyed the company of the owners who were very friendly.....this hotel is a real find and I hope to be back again next year as its so central and a 10 min walk from the beach. It has a small intimate feel yet with the service you'd expect from a larger hotel.....definitely a relaxing place to stay and good value too!

perfect atmosphere

by TripAdvisor Member rewLondon

I was recommended by a friend to stay at the Cransley Hotel, and was delighted to find it lived up to all my expectations. The friendly hosts provide the perfect atmosphere for a relaxing get-away. The decoration is beautifully tasteful, and my room was comfortable and charming.

I have recommended it to friends who have stayed since and thoroughly enjoyed their stay.

Great weekend away

by TripAdvisor Member PedroOne

I've been coming regularly to the Cransley for a number of years. The owners are always very welcoming & attentive. So easy to get to from the station & a short walk to the beach. What more could we want. Thank you as always

Experience la Creme de la Cransley!

by TripAdvisor Member SuzieQHampshire_UK

We had a wonderful weekend at the Cransley Hotel. The hotel is beautifully presented and we experienced a very warm welcome and excellent service . We had some fun in Bournemouth during the day and evenings but to be honest we couldn't wait to get back to the peace and tranquility of the hotel. Breakfast was a real treat - nothing is too much trouble for your hosts Simon and Jonathan. Our stay was wonderful in so many ways - especially in the light of the Cransley Hotel's value, service, cleanliness and the warmth of the welcome you will receive.

Fabulous hosts

by TripAdvisor Member SHunterYork

I have just returned from a very relaxing few days in Bournemouth and once again the trip was made all the better by my stay at the Cransley Hotel. From arrival to departure one could not find a more comfortable,clean and friendly hotel. Decorated to a very high standard one immediately feels at home. The 'icing on the cake' are the hosts Simon and Jonathan. I would not hestiate to recommend The Cransley Hotel, when visiting Bournemouth there is simply nowhere better. I am certainly looking forward to my next visit. K D Blyton, York

Sea Vixen D.3 XP924Sea Vixen D.3 XP924