Langtry Manor Hotel

Expedia.com Hotels.com

The Historic Country House Hotel in Bournemouth

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 14, 2004

I stayed at this hotel two weeks ago for my anniversary. My Husband Jon booked it as surprise for our first anniversary I had the most fantastic weekend. I have lived in Bournemouth all my life and have driven past the Langtry Manor on numerous occasions and never realized what a hidden gem it is!

It was built by King Edward VII for his mistress Lillie Langtry in 1877. Jon had booked us to stay for a special celebration weekend and he had even booked us into Lillie Langtry’s original suite which had a four poster bed and heart shaped Jacuzzi bath in the room- it was so romantic! When I arrived in my room there was a massive bouquet of flowers on the bed and chocolates by my bedside and champagne on ice- which I am sure you will all agree was a very good start to the weekend!

That evening we had a candlelit dinner in the Restaurant which was stunning ( I had my steak flambéed at the table) and we even got a special surprise with our meal as we were celebrating. The next day we had breakfast in bed then made use of the complimentary passes to Bournemouth’s David Lloyd health club which was lovely as I have always wanted to be a member but the monthly fees are too steep!) We then went for a long walk in the new forest (just a 10 minute drive) which was lovely.

Saturday night was the highlight of the weekend. Jon had arranged for 4 of our very close friends to attend the 6 course Edwardian Banquet. The 6 courses were brought round by staff in Edwardian Tails and the upstairs downstairs uniform and an actress came in and told the Life Story of Edward and Lillie. It was certainly a lively evening and we finally retired to bed at 12.30 extremely full.

I couldn’t fault our stay but next time I want to stay in The Kings room which is absolutely stunning! Jon better start saving!

Nearby Langtry Manor Hotel

Langtry Manor Hotel

• Hotel Langtry Manor
  • Langtry Manor Bournemouth

Address: 26 Derby Road, East Cliff, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 3QB, United Kingdom

Amenities at Langtry Manor Hotel

• Restaurant
  • Wheelchair Accessible
  • Room Service
  • Free Parking
  • Suites
  • Continental Breakfast

Bournemouth Travel Forum

Need advice about Bournemouth, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Bournemouth and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bournemouth hotel reviews

Church of the Sacred Heart
Poole Harbour
Old Harry Rocks
Things to Do
What I still have to do...
The Villas - Norfolk Royale
English Breakfast Experience
Air Festival
Bournemouth Seaside
Things to Do
Great views and nice burgers
The bounemouth aquarium
Things to Do
Bournemouth's many parks and gardens
Do the Pier to Pier walk