Marlins Hotel

AMOMA.com

More about Marlins Hotel

Very Nice Well Managed Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member britne

My wife and i stayed at Marlins between 14-18 August and found it to be a very nice place.The hotel was spotless and well decorated..The staff were very good including the owner who was always available to chat to and was a font of local knowledge on restaurants ,attractions etc.Some people may look upon Marlins as a straightforward bed and breakfast but its more than that because its obvious that the owner cares about his customers.
There were a wide variety of people staying during our stay from young cpls to familes with small children and older cpls.In fact the whole place felt like a home from home.We would heartily recomend Marlins to anyone travelling to Bournemouth

EXCELLENT ALL ROUND

by TripAdvisor Member COLVEN

Would recommend Marlins to all categories,from holiday makers to business travellers.Great central location,competitive tariff,immaculate throughout,most friendly and helpful management and breakfasts superior to the large city centre hotels in Manchester and London(especially London)where I stay on business.Also,very secure parking.Will definitely return.

Warm Welcome At Marlins

by TripAdvisor Member ANT.D

Marlins is a small friendly hotel in central Bournemouth and is perfectly located for weekend breaks or longer stays. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and their hearty big full english breakfast is excellent. The owners provide very good service and are always at hand if required. I can thoroughly recommend Marlins Hotel

A Great Place To Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Phil&Ng

My partner and I spent 14 days (2nd Sept-16th Sept) at this delightful hotel. As I have a mobility problem I had requested a ground floor room and this was supplied...looking out onto a very pleasant, enclosed patio style garden. The room was very clean and attractively furnished with good decoration. The en suite bathroom was small but adequate, and looked as if it had recently been completely refurbished. Breakfast was served in a pleasant resturant overlooking a busy street scene........how nice to be enjoying a leisurely breakfast whilst watching locals going about their daily business! The breakfast itself is superb, a traditional English Breakfast is offered with many variations to the main dish. The owners and their staff were always keen and willing to help with information. Service at the hotel was excellant at all times, many larger hotels could learn a lot from Marlins Hotel. There is a small car park attached to the hotel. We both look forward to returning to Marlins in the months to come and have every confidance in recommending the hotel to all our friends.

If we could, we would!

by TripAdvisor Member RainbowWater

We had the pleasure of staying at the Marlins Hotel for three nights in September.Our stay started with a fabulous welcome from Neil. Our room was clean and quiet. Nothing was too much trouble. When we had our first taste of the breakfast cooked to perfection, we we're bowled over. In fact if we could travel from the Isle of Wight every morning for one of Michaels breakfasts, we would! A lovely place to stay, within short walking distance to all amenities. The Marlin Hotel is a credit to you both. Thank you for a wonderful break, we'll be back as soon as we can!

Most comfortable stay and helpful staff

by TripAdvisor Member GWeimann

I had the pleasure to stay in Marlins Hotel in October for a couple of nights. I got a very clean and comfortable room (No.5). The hotel is located near the beaches and attractions and I can recommend it to every traveller to Bournemouth. Especially the staff is extremely helpful and tries to help the guests with any kind of problems occuring during the stay. In my case it was a problem I had with another hotel in Bournemouth where Neil from Marlins took a lot of efforts to solve it for me. Thanks again, Neil.

Thoroughly reccommended

by TripAdvisor Member meaco

We stayed at Marlins in Oct 06 as we were attending an exhibition at the BIC. The Hotel is just a few minutes walk to the BIC and the seafront - although its an uphill walk to return to the hotel its a short one.

We were greeted with a warm welcome and were given lots of information about places to eat etc - and were even upgraded to the four poster room :) The room was very nice and very clean with everything you could have asked for - iron and ironing board, hairdryer, tea and coffee etc. My only concern was that it was next door to the reception and the lounge room. Although there was some noise from people checking in and out it was not too intrusive overall.

One thing it did mean was that I was able to hear the excellent service offered by the owners. Nothing seemed too much trouble for them and it was nice to hear the flexibility and assistance offered - something missing from so many places.

The breakfast was very nice and when we had to rush to attend the exhibition we were made bacon sandwiches to take with us - although when we could it was nice to sit down and enjoy the food. Good to have the option of a veggie breakfast and decaf coffee too.

Overall a very nice place to stay and an excellent position for the BIC and the seafront - we never got the time to test the walk to the town though. We had an excellent four nights and would definately return.

Very good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member RobN1

Stayed here with a work colleague due to its proximity to the Bournemouth International Centre (very close). It was very reasonable indeed - £40 per room per night. Very nicely kept hotel and incredibly good value. The two owners were relaxed, friendly and very accomodating. Breakfast is good. I don't usually bother leaving recommendations but I suppose that's recommendation in itself. I'd go back and I'm a pretty fussy Londoner.

Very practical

by TripAdvisor Member eddyo

Stayed for a night for a concert at the BIC. Booked way in advance over the phone after a prompt response to an email enquiry and the booking held firm with both rooms ready and waiting despite no further contact from me. This should be standard practice and shouldn't warrant a mention but as any well travelled person will tell you, it's not, so it does.

A pleasant greeting on arrival, a brief explanation of the set-up and we were off to our small but adequate en-suite room, clean and bright with high ceiling and a large window. The double bed was comfortable and fresh but the pillows were on the hard side for us ( no real gripe, it's a personal thing, each to their own and all that but those who also have an issue with hard pillows will know where i'm coming from) Breakfast was included in the price of the room and was pretty good too.

Overall, a well positioned and well run B&B that has become very popular since being taken over by the current Owner/s who have obviously worked hard to get it to where it's at and it's ideal for a reasonably priced night or two.

Absolutely fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member ZMH

I have stayed at Marlins for the past few years during party conference season and I can highly recommend it to everyone. Neil and the staff are wonderful and make you feel as though you're in your own home - which is brilliant when you are in fact on your third week of conference season. And of course the breakfasts are superb.
I can't fault Marlins at all, it's always been a pleasure to do conferences in Bournemouth as I'm always guaranteed a great place to rest my head at night.

BAC 1-11 G-AVMN.  You can look round the insideBAC 1-11 G-AVMN. You can look round the inside

Comments