Ramada Encore

Costs about the same, but rated 14% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Ramada Encore

ramada encore,bournemouth

by TripAdvisor Member malaya

i have just returned from spending 4nights at the encore hotel in bournemouth,and for the price it was not bad,the breakfast was plentifull and tasted good,there was a good choice,we found the hotel to be clean and tidy,rooms were large and clean,my only problem was that we could hear the lift announcement all the time,my advice is try for for room as far away from the lift as possible,otherwise we were quite happy with the ramada encore and would return again.

Excellent Value For Money

by TripAdvisor Member colinrchorley

The Ramada Encore Bournemouth was booked for a stag do party of 9 for 2 nights and this was a perfect location to stay. We drove down and there are plenty of parking spaces available at the front, at the rear and underground. If arriving by train the station is a little bit of a walk. Checking in was quick and efficient with a smile.

The twin room was clean, very spacious and modern, clear to see its had a recent refit throughout and suited the hotel. We were overlooking the front of the hotel on to Bath Road and although this is a busy road as it appears this is the hotel central road in Bournemouth, the noise was never a problem. Coffee and tea making facilities were available along with a safe. The colour TV had multiple free channels although the reception was not the greatest as it was continually fuzzing over, almost like watching the channel streaming over the internet. There was no closet though and all stuff that needed hanging was put on just 6 hangers in the open off the wall near the front door. Not great but it does mean more space.

The bathroom was quite interesting though as it was actually a wet room rather than a shower cubicle so the splashing water did seem to go everywhere even if there was a glass panel masking half the room. The size of the bathroom was fine though.

Breakfast was included in the price and was definitely welcome. Choice of cooked breakfast including bacon, sausages, beans and egg or pastries, cereals, fruit and plenty of juices and hot drinks. The area for breakfast is right at the front of the hotel near check in and has a small balcony outside.

The location is excellent as turning left on Bath Road will take you towards the town centre and all the night life, turning right will take you straight down to the seafront, all within 10 minutes.

The cost of the hotel was included in a stag party package that also included activities but guess it would have cost no more than £80 per night for the room which I think is excellent value for money.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Bournemouth, I had no idea the night life here was as big as it was and this hotel I'm sure is used to groups of stags and hens.

can't wait to return

by TripAdvisor Member BerkshireBabe

Just back from this hotel following a 3 night stay. I make a lot of use of this site (see my other postings) and so far it has never let me down. The main purpose of the trip was to check out somewhere new to live and this was just about the perfect base for that purpose and I would love to return soon for some sun and sea. Arrived on Friday the 13th, no I am not superstitous, and on arrival a cup was broken (not guilty) and the in room safe didn't work but that was soon resolved and I was able to pump the yummy assistant manager who arrived to sort it out for some local information e.g. I do not want to move to the red light district! Anyway as usual I digress, the hotel and it's staff is brilliant in every way, comfy beds, great walk in shower (perfect for a large girl like me) and no candlewick bedspreads in sight. I would return in an instant. Lovely breakfeasts and the parking on site is a real bonus and the clincher for me. I have no hesitation in recommending it to anybody. Short walk in both directions to the beach and town with loads of bars/restaurants etc. mind you I did feel a bit old on Sat. night and I have never queued to get in a pub in my life!

Ideal For a Short Stay

by TripAdvisor Member iseededpple

Myself and my partner stayed here for one night, mid-week, as we were going to see Ricky Gervais at the BIC (rubbish BTW).

My navigation can be off at times and as I hadn't been to Bournemouth since I was a kid, I was expecting a certain amount of trial and error in terms of finding the place, but was actually dead simple to find, with loads of parking in the secure underground car park. Location was good, juxtaposition as it was between the beach and town centre.

Check-in at the reception/bar was fine (though they required my credit card if I wanted to order drinks at the bar after 11pm for some reason) and we made our way up to the fourth floor, via lift, to our room.

The room was average in size, smart, chic decor, laminate floors, comfy bed, TV with various free channels (dodgy reception) and PPV movies, air con, a couple of sofas and a table. There was however no real storage space as has been said before, not a problem for a single night but that would do your head in if you were intending to stay for longer I would think. The best bit was the awesome wet bathroom, I could have stood under the shower for days...

Late evening, the bar area, which is also the lobby, reception and breakfast room, had a cool atmosphere, quite buoyant for 1am on a Wednesday!, and it was nice to chill out down there having a few drinks before bedtime, and breakfast here the next morning was fine, typical English style.

All in all excellent value for £69.00 and perfect for a single night or short break, would not recommend it as a 'holiday' hotel though.

Excellent Hotel but a bit basic

by TripAdvisor Member neilbick

We wanted a hotel close to the town centre, clean, friendly, and with all the amenities of a 4 star hotel. We where not dissapointed. The staff where friendly and the service was very good.
The hotel does not have a restaurant for evening meals but the town is full of nice restaurants within walking distance.

The bar was a bit small but this didn't detract from what was an excellent hotel.

Victim of Success?

by TripAdvisor Member hartleyhair

This is a great hotel. I have stayed here several times now for weekend breaks when I come home to the UK. The staff are very helpful and the rooms nice and fresh looking.

However, prices for June have now crept up to £99 per night with a 2-night minimum stay at the weekend. At £60-80 this hotel is a 'no-brainer' in my opinion and worthy of its rave reviews; but once it starts charging 4-5 Star prices I feel that reviewers will expect a little more for their money and may be disappointed.

I will certainly reexamine the competition once more before booking again.

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member Craig_Woodward

I was really disappointed with this hotel, the room was pretty basic, no very basic. Didn’t like the wooden floor at all. The bathroom was very 'funky' with the large walk in shower, but this did have the issue of wetting most of the bathroom floor. I had the neighbour from hell, who wanted to keep coming and going into their room until the early hours crashing and banging the door.
The bar and breakfast area had a horrible impersonal feel about it, just a big wide-open space.
I paid £79 a night which I don’t think really represented value for money as I normally stay on the sea front in 4 star hotel for that. I must just point out at the staff were very friendly and very helpful. In all, think I would only return as a last resort.

Not All That

by TripAdvisor Member Matt992264OP

Read the reviews for this hotel on Trip Advisor and they all praised this hotel highly.

I have to say that based on such praise, I was perhaps expecting too much. The rooms are OK, nothing special really - perhaps a notch-up from a Holiday Inn Express et al.

The hotel is clean, generally comfortable (however the pillows are the cheap and cheerful foam type) the breakfast is well below average with tired looking 'buffet' style hot (warm) food and equally tired 'fresh' fruit salad etc.

I would not pay any more than £60 for the room for the night (which is what we paid) shop around and I am sure you can find a better standard at this rate.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member w_barb

Nice modern hotel. Clean rooms, great bathrooms with walk in showers. Everything you need is there. Breakfast was good, plentiful choice. Friendly staff, although reception staff have trouble understanding requests, possibly a language barrier. Ideal location for town centre and beach. Would definitely stay there again.

Mini 4 night break

by TripAdvisor Member avebury27

Having stayed at several of Bournemouths typical ' seaside type hotels ' over the past few years all of which seem to subscribe to the William Morris era we decided to try the Ramada Encore which is more akin to IKEA.Although we are not particularly into IKEA I have to say we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Ramada.Decor is basic,simple and clean throughout the hotel reception,dining and lounge areas.The rooms are well equipped although anyone preferring a bath would be out of luck as I believe all rooms have the walk-in type of shower.Breakfast could have been a bit more expansive and varied but again was adequate.
For a change it was nice to report on a hotel that had more than adequate on site above and below ground parking and did not charge for this facility.The location is ideal for town and the seafront and there are approx.30 restaurants and bars within 400 metres.
Surprisingly there appeared to be very few staff evident however there was always staff available when needed,most of them multi tasking.We found them helpful and polite on all occasions.
All in all a very enjoyable stay and we would definitely return to this hotel

Whats on offer at Bournemouth AirportWhats on offer at Bournemouth Airport