Bees Knees Guest House

28 Davis Road, Branksome, Poole, BH12 2BB, United Kingdom

More about Bees Knees Guest House

Excellent accommodation

by TripAdvisor Member poolevisitor

The Bees Knees Guest House certainly lives up to it's name. It is comfortable, spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. Every detail has been considered to make a very pleasant stay. Graham and Shell are very friendly hosts and talented when it comes to cooking.You certainly won't be disappointed here!

More pros than cons at Bees Knees

by TripAdvisor Member charlisays

Firstly - all the good things in previous reviews are true. Shell and Graham go out of their way for you. Cleanliness is incredible - my boyfriend remarked he had never seen such clean white tablecloths in his life. The rooms are immaculate, bed very comfy, bathroom lovely, clean and spacious, shower powerful, towels lovely and fluffy and home made shortbread in the bedrooms a lovely touch. The breakfast is astonishing, perfect eggs, homemade bread and sausages and the tastiest buttery portabello mushrooms as well as fresh strawberries and yoghurt, cereal etc. Not to detract from any of this at all, but i just felt it was worth adding some things that havent been said so far. Branksome is a bit of a nothing town. My own fault for not researching but I imagined a country inn or pub nearby and what we got was actually a tatty high road with only two options for dinner (one a chinese that as we passed at 9.30pm on Friday night had zero customers and the Italian recommended to us where the food was average bordering on bad and we had to send the glasses back because they were dirty). On our second night after a visit to Monkeyworld (amazing) we drank in a pub in Wool (the Black Bear) then went for dinner in Lulworth Cove - both beautiful areas in the countryside, Lulworth being by the sea. Secondly, while Shell and Graham are absolutely lovely and went above and beyond (picking us up from the station, dropping us in Poole etc etc), I wouldnt reccommend staying here for a romantic weekend where you want some privacy or anonymity. It is more like staying with a host family which for some people will be absolutely lovely, feeling like part of the family but for us it sometimes felt a little intrusive because Shell and Graham are the owners, receptionists, cooks, cleaners, chauffeaur service so everything is personal (when i didnt finish my breakfast Graham looked worried that i didnt like his sausages and I actually felt really guilty!!). I am already feeling bad about saying these things as i know they will see this review but hey, i think its important to be honest. So, if you want to stay with a lovely couple who really make you welcome and feel like part of the family then please please do stay at Bees Knees and you wont be disappointed but if you want a relaxing romantic weekend where you dont have to make much smalltalk with anyone and have a good choice of eating establishments, you may want to think about staying somewhere else... and if you want to be in the countryside you should avoid Branksome and go a bit further out.

Excellent Little Guest House

by TripAdvisor Member risabel

My husband and I stayed for two nights for a birthday treat for me.
The guest house, though small was beautfifully decorated and our hosts were excellent and attentive.

The home cooked breakfasts were amazing and the evening meal was an absolute delight and I would highly recommend to anyone.

Whilst the area is not actually as near to the main centre as I thought, it is only a short car journey to the action in Poole.

The rooms were beautifully furnished- though slightly on the small side. The ensuite was great and the power shower wonderfull in the morning.

We arrived back from a long day shopping to find homemade cakes in our room- we felt very spoilt.

They also beliveve in using fresh milk in your room - kept in very trendy fridges- great I hate the little pots of UHT!

I would highly recommend to anyone who wants to be made to feel like one of the family and wants a great break- a home from home

aussies home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member lonerangerMelbourne

This guest house was outstanding in its attention to detail. My friend and I were welcomed like old friends and offered a cuppa to rest and relax. Our rooms were extremely comfortable with everything anyone would possibly require even a mini fridge with cold drinks which no-one else ever offered. We ate out and were recommended a wonderful local restaurant without hesitation. Our enquiries about how to get to Brownsea Island were met with an offer to drive us to the ferry! Shell and Graham went beyond the call of duty in anticipating our needs and yet did not intrude on our personal space. We loved the homemade cake and shortbread in our rooms and the breakfast was exceptional using all local fresh ingredients - absolutely delicious!!!
We would not hesitate in recommending Bees Knees as Shell and Graham extend such a warm welcome and we would love to return.

Very friendly & comfortable B&B

by TripAdvisor Member Jelly9

Very friendly and comfortable B&B, with incredibly helpful and kind patrons. The food is fantastic - home made and absolutely delicious (and cater for seemingly any and all preferences or allergies). Rooms are all very clean and comfortable, and the place has a homely feel.

First Class Guest House

by TripAdvisor Member timetravellerFrance

I would like to say how much I enjoyed my stay with Graham and Shell in their fantastic Guest House.
They really made me feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble.
The food was excellent and the room was immaculate clean and comfortable.
I would not hesitate to recommend the Bees Knees to anyone
looking to stay in a Quality Guest House.

Bees Knees is the Business

by TripAdvisor Member ThisGuyisGood

I Googled for B and B Poole ( playing golf at Ferndown) and up came Bees Knees. I noted the recent award of AA 4 Stars and reviews and thought 'Good, that'll do'. Well it did do and more. The owners have put a great deal of care into not only into the decor and comfort but into the welcome and the food. The rooms are fitted out in 1930s style with some very intelligent and detailed thought into customers' needs and comfort. I felt that the Bees Knees was head and shoulders above other B and Bs I have used (preferring Band Bs over hotels but always give myself the choice). Shell and Graham are to be congratulated for offering a B and B service which is superior to any I have used and they fully deserve the AA 4 Stars rating. I recommend the Bees Knees unreservedly.

An excellent four star B&B

by TripAdvisor Member KevOShefford_Beds

We stayed for 3 nights and found this to be the best B&B that we have ever stayed in. The room was furnished to a very high standard, was exceptionally clean and very comfortable. The bathroom contained a top of the range power shower and the bathroom itself gleams with cleanliness. The food provided was excellent and tailored to our requirements. We also found our stay to be quiet and peaceful. But most of all we found our hosts Shell and Graham to be very friendly, kind and considerate.

First class B&B

by TripAdvisor Member DSH_Solihull

This is quite simply the best bed and breakfast I've ever stayed in. I am usually quite sparing in my use of superlatives, but the quality of the accommodation, hospitality and breakfast was excellent. Everything was spotless - from the white starched table linen to the gleaming en-suite bathrooms. I have had the pleasure, during many weekdays over the last 2 months, of staying in all three of their guest bedrooms and I can confirm they're all good. I have found Graham and Shell friendly, helpful and caring, and I can't resist the first-class cooked breakfast with excellent home-made organic bread and sausages. What more can I say?

I suppose I agree with other reviewers that the location isn't perfect - the parking outside is limited, the street is more urban than suburban, and the local high street is uninspiring. The house itself is nearer to bijou than spacious, but it's all relative, and I hope to be going back soon; next time with my wife, although they don't accommodate children at all.

what a wonderful breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member will087

I would thoroughly recommend this guest house, we had a very relaxing stay in this immaculate and friendly place. and enjoyed the best breakfast i've ever had.

Comments