Poole Hotels

Our Members Say

• shawnaiquana profile photo shawnaiquana
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Arndale Court Hotel: just a worning

wouldnt trust this place not with russell southern as the assistent manager, not after u read how he scammed people on a website. http://comparepennyauctions.co.uk/content.php/425-Russell-Southern-Bankrupt

u couldnt trust him not to steal guests belongings.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written November 21, 2010

• johngayton profile photo johngayton
  • Reviews: 3146
Genaral Tip: Poole Hotels

Despite its popularity Poole is quite short of hotels and so those that are available tend to be on the expensive side. Even the usually reasonably cheap "Premier Inn" is rarely as cheap as those in surrounding towns and the major chain places such as Thistle and Holiday Inn will cost over £100 per night during the summer.

There are a few B&B's and a couple of the pubs also offer accommodation but once again these are still expensive.

Most people who visit Poole do so as day-trippers and nearby Bournemouth (20 minutes by bus) is, in my opinion, the best option for a local base. Bournemouth has plenty of good quality budget hotels and B&B's at quite reasonable rates even during the summer.

If you visit www.booking.com you'll see what I mean.

Website below is my Bournemouth hotel tips:

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 1, 2010
Tip Photo

Poole Thistle - Expensive!

• jolliette profile photo jolliette
  • Reviews: 14

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Quay House: Quaint little B&B

I was calling all over looking for a place to stay. I was not on a really strict budget so I decided on this B&B..
I was hoping for something with a great location... I wanted something close to the quay with typical English charm, This place was ideal.
A very sweet couple run the place and they are so welcoming. I had many questions and they had no issues answering them.

I had a double room for the single price.. they had the extra space so they had no trouble doing this for me. There was a bathroom and shower in the room.. along with satellite TV and and tea and coffee.

Umm.. I guess it is a typical B&B.. the reason I liked it so much was the location.
I had heard Poole had this fantastic qauy, so I wanted something close to that.

This place is basically as close to the quay as possible. It is just off a little side street. I literally walked 1 minute and I was on the quay.

There are great sea side restaurants close by that have fantastic fish and chips. Tourism centre is close by and many bus routes stop along the quay.

There are numerous boat tours nearby that go to the many islands in the harbour. I took one and it was worth it, until it started raining. Not too fun seeing islands from the inside bottom of a boat.

A typical English breakfast was served. Coffee or tea, sausage, eggs and toast.. cerreal to start. Not the most healthy start to a day, but it was very good and filling. You can just have toast and cereal.. just let her know the night before so she doesn't go through the hassle of cooking it.

They don't take credit card.. cash only

• Opinion of Price: about average