Atlantic Hotel

16 Marine Parade, Kemp Town, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 1TL, United Kingdom
Atlantic Hotel
Booking.com Priceline.com HostelBookers.com

More about Brighton

Pier, Brighton, UK.Pier, Brighton, UK.

Brighton BeachBrighton Beach

Platform soulPlatform soul

Brighton Pier with many and many great attractionsBrighton Pier with many and many great attractions

brighton surf

by LouandGeorge+kids

Jack (11) and Harry (7) coming to brighton with parents, june time 05 (house swop). would like to go on a surfing course. We're not sure if coast is good for this. does anyone know of any good surf schools in the area? We'd also be grateful for any general advice or recommendations regarding other 'cool' activities we could plan for. Cheers!

Re: brighton surf

by dejavu2gb

I have only been to Brighton a few times, and I cannot actually remember seeing any waves there, so I think they will have some problems surfing with no waves. If they are planning on doing surfing, I would suggest to go to either Devon/Cornwall where there are waves.
However if you go, "The Lanes" are very nice, small shopping streets with nice shops selling various different things.
I would also recommend going to see the Pavillion, its really nice from the outside (never been in)
Have a good trip!

Re: Re: brighton surf

by hicken

There are surfers in Brighton (though Devon and Cornwall are the best surfing areas in the south). There are some details on
www.smallplanetsurfshop.com
Skateboarding is very big in Brighton too.
For other 'cool' stuff (and there's plenty), do a search on www.thisistravel.co.uk for recent newspaper articles about cafes, restaurants, shopping, sports, etc.

RE: brighton surf

by wygela

Hi, I'm from Brighton, though not physically there at the moment. Try the talking (yellow) pages for surf schools. I'm sure there is something in Brighton. People do surf there though when the sea is rough , it can be very rough. There are also pebbles to contend with so not so comfy for knees. If the sun shines (!) Brighton seafront can be entertaining.Lots of cafes, candy floss, fish 'n chips. The pier has a funfair, with rides and side shows. Along the prom, you can hire a bike, roller skate,or trampoline. A small train , the Volks train will take you to the marina. I think they do boat rides from there too in the summer months. At the weekends there are often buskers. Try the Brighton Tourist office for special events during the time you are coming. If I can be of any further help please contact me, have a good trip!

RE: brighton surf

by ebabe69

You could try here

www.hovelagoon.co.uk/index.asp?fuseaction=activity&actID=1

They run various courses for adults and kids, we watch from our beach hut!

I'd say windsurfing is more popular here than surfing due to the lack of regular big waves versus a fairly 'regular' breeze :o)

Along the seafront in Brighton there are various skateboard, basket ball courts and so on. There's a free boat museum that will pass 15 minutes of your time. If your 7 yr old still likes that kind of thing there's a big kids play area on the seafront with a sand pit, paddling and a cafe.

Both Brighton and Hove museums run day courses for kids of differing ages, as does the Booth Museum (stuffed creatures and the like!.

There's the Volks Railway which runs up and down the seafront. Bit 'hokey' but fun at least once. It goes towards the Marina where you boys could go out on a sea fishing trip.

Some links you might want to try

www.virtualmuseum.info www.royalpavillion.org.uk www.citylibraries.info

I have a 10 1/2 yr old boy if your boys would like to meet a 'local' depending how long you are here.

Good luck with your house swap, we had some good times going that ourselves.

Travel Tips for Brighton

I love going to churchill...

by spacekid

I love going to churchill square shopping centre, it's full of great shops!!!!!!! walking down the high street to the train station with my youth group just after seeing a bugs life at the odean cinema

THE EVENING ARGUS - AVAILABLE MORNINGS!

by themajor

Well if you want to know what's going on in and around Brighton then you could do a lot worse than buy THE local paper, 'The Evening Argus'. Curiously it's normally available in the shops around lunchtime which tells you quite a lot about the need to sell large quantities of newspapers and rather less about their standards of timekeeping.

Baby Bouncing on the Beach

by Mariajoy

This looks like fun. The assistant straps the kids into harnesses and they can bounce and somersault safely on the trampolines. I should think there's an upper and lower age limit and there are probably weight restrictions too! If the kid is a real lightweight the assistant presses a button on a hand held electronic device which helps them to bounce higher! I'd love to have a go... but I think it really is just for the kids! No special equipment required.

The entry ticket we bought for...

by B_Caro

The entry ticket we bought for the inside of the Royal Paviljoen, was also valid for a visit of Preston Manor.
This old Manor House evokes the atmosphere of an Edwardian gentry home, both upstairs and downstairs

Preston Manor is situated 2 miles north of Brighton on the A23

Floaty, Feminine, Finery

by amapola66 about Old Village

Old Village in Duke Street, sells 'the best in French and Italian designer fashion'...

I have often peered into there doorway, lured in by their colourful and unusual window displays, but have resisted temptation - Until today that is. (With an imminent trip to Aruba on the cards, I have the excuse)!

Some of their stuff is way too frilly for me, but they have an eye for the most wonderful textures and colours around and today I found a skirt that had 'my name on it' ; )

Looking at their website, it really does not do the shop justice at all. Full of beautifully cut, very feminine clothes of every hue, it is a place to find that something different for a special occasion. Staff are charmingly helpful (even bringing a full length mirror into to the lady in the next cubicle to me, who did not wish to emerge in her tried on outfit in public!)

As I am going to a Cuban restaurant in Aruba next week, I opted for a really long gipsy/western type silk skirt with echos of flamenco, in an array of colour. They had only one of each colour in stock, so have the added bonus of it being unlikely that you'd see the same outfit walking around your local town, on someone else. The shop assistant was very patient with me as I couldn't decide which colour to go for. I loved them all and if mr. bank manager would have allowed, may have indulged in all three! (Well, we can dream can't we?)

This shop isn't cheap mind you, but as I say, I have an excuse ; )

I will photograph my newly bought treat, as soon as...

Recommended for a browse even if you don't buy. Long flowery, floaty skirts and dresses for wafting around in warm climates. Would go well with a large brimmed hat, some Chanel perfume and a picnic hamper ; )

They are one of the only UK stockists of 'Square' watches. A bit more than usual, but you will find unique things.

Comments