52 Regency Square, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 2FF, United Kingdom
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Brighton House

As fellow hoteliers we can fully recommend this eastablishment.

by TripAdvisor Member ErikaMunich_

As hoteliers ourselves we tend to look at the guesthouses we stay in with critical eyes. Having just finished a little tour of Britain we can honestly say thát the Brighton House was one of the better places we stayed in Britain.

Firstly, the customer service was exemplary, very friendly, informative and happy to help without giving the impression of reading from a company script.

The room was more than adequate, it does not pretend to be more than it is for the money. All the usual amenities work as they should and the bed with feather duvets was particularly comfortable.

After travelling around Britain we were happy to once again have a buffet breakfast and not the usual sausages and eggs. There was much to choose from including luxuries such as wild salmon. The breakfast is also unusually long for Britain. We did not feel rushed to go down and were able to take our time reading papers, etc...

All in all we would greatly recommend this for any travellor going to Brighton and we whsh the owners the best of good fortune as they entirely deserve it.

Very pleasent stay

by TripAdvisor Member ruudunited

My girlfriend and i recently stayed here whilst having a weekend break in Brighton. The hotel was lovely, the staff and facilities were very pleasent. The location of the hotel was excellent, far enough away from the traffic noise, also parking was cheap (parked at the Regency Secure Parking) and easy to get to.

Would highly recommend this hotel to all and hopefully will stay there again in the future.

Very pleasant, quiet, great breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member happyatom

Very pleasant - decent size room (39), large bed, powerful shower, great healthy breakfast - not cooked but tons of choice including home cooked ham, salmon. Helpful and friendly.

great place

by TripAdvisor Member jhmatson

A really wonderful and personal hotel. Beautifully and stylishly decorated, but unlike some more self-consciously stylish hotels it doesn't try too hard or overdo things. Our room was spacious, warm and relaxing. The bed was large and extremely comfortable and the sea view a treat. Overall the hotel is really thoughtfully put together, with great attention to detail. The environmentaly conscious and organic touches are definitely a sign of owners who care about the integrity of their business, which can't be bad. The staff are friendly and relaxed, another sign of a good establishment.

The breakfast, a contentinal style buffet, was simple yet exceptional. Best recommendation is would I return? Absolutely!

Lots of character and very comfy

by TripAdvisor Member November_couple

We could only spend one night in Brighton so we were worried we wouldn't be able to find a room just for the Saturday night but Brighton House happened to have a free twin room. The hotel is in a lovely square, just near West Pier and about 15 mins along the seafront to the main pier and the centre. The hotel has lots of character and the room was very comfy. The breakfast was great - a huge variety of cereals, fruits, cheeses and meats. I would definitely stay here again. The managers are very friendly.

What a Gem

by TripAdvisor Member HappySleeper

My work booked my accommodation for a conference and it was my first trip to Brighton. I was a little disappointed on first sight not to be staying at one of the larger, grander hotels but having spent two nights at The brighton House it was perfect. The rooms aren't huge but very comfortable. The bed put 5* hotels to shame and ensured two great nights sleep. Lovely friendly and helpful staff, nice decor, a great continental breakfast and Mr Watts is a bonus for a cat-love away from home. I got an hour to spend in Brighton outside the conference so I will be returning - and I look forward to staying here again.

Great place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member GeoFlyer

I only stayed there one night, but the staff made me feel very welcome. I had a room on the upper floor, but luckily I didn't have much to carry up because there aren't any elevators. The room was small, but very comfortable. A small bowl of fresh fruit was nice. Breakfast was very extensive, but I only had a short time to enjoy it.

I managed to find a place to park on the street, which is restricted for residents between 9am-8pm. If you stay near here, visit the Bombay Indian Cuisine restaurant 2 blocks west of Brighton House. Great food and good service.

Great location, lovely hotel, great place

by TripAdvisor Member haggius

We were chucked out our house on a cold day in Jan whilst the floors were being done. At short notice -and a quick call to the Hotel we were able to book the hotel, get a great room at a great rate, take our little dog (pappilon) Winston - which was a bending of the rules to really help us out - and enjoyed a great break.

Location is good. I would say the hotel is the nicest of the hotels in regency square - everything is an amble - pubs, the lanes, the beach, supper.

The room was spacious -with its own little dressing area and the 4 poster bed very romantic. Nicely heated and very clean.

Hotel was quiet and welcoming.

Breckie was great - all organic and tasty fare.

We had to check out at 4.30am and we were even given a lovely Breckie platter to go.

Strongly recommend if you want a lovely chilled break.

Warm and friendly

by TripAdvisor Member MalX100

Wonderful stay. A small and intimate hotel in a delightful Regency Square in one of the best locations in Brighton. Friendly, helpful staff and a very comfortable room made ours a memorable stay. Continental breakfast was delightfully 'continental' and mostly organic to boot.

A great weekend

by TripAdvisor Member TheEddieW

My wife and I spent a very enjoyable weekend at the Brighton House.
The hotel is located on a square conveniently close to the waterfront, the centre of Brighton itself, and a variety of pubs and restaurants, but far enough from the noise of the traffic. In the square, there is a large underground car park that we have frequently used on day trips and allows overnight parking.
We arrived on Friday evening after an hour-and-a-half drive through rush-hour traffic. On arrival, we were welcomed quickly and courteously with the minimum of fuss. In fact, we had parked, checked in, settled into our room, eaten at a local restaurant and made it to the theatre within one hour.
Our room was very clean and simply but tastefully decorated. Everything worked. The bed was big and comfortable. The breakfast room had a good atmosphere, the service was prompt, and the continental breakfast above average. The general ambience was calm and efficient.
This hotel is definitely for the independent self-reliant traveller who likes comfort but does not want any unnecessary fuss and has no need to be excessively pampered. It certainly suited this middle aged couple trying to have a relaxing weekend for a change!
Travellers need to be aware that they could have a room, as we did, on the fourth floor. It would be a challenge to anyone who is not in good health or desparate to carry heavy shopping to climb all those stairs.
Having stayed at many hotels of different types and quality all over the world, I would definitely stay at the Brighton House again.

Comments