Brighton Marina House Hotel

Hotels.com Tingo.com Expedia.com

More about Brighton

The Royal Pavilion, BrightonThe Royal Pavilion, Brighton

The Royal PavilionThe Royal Pavilion

Lots of 'things'Lots of 'things'

Brighton West Pier in rainBrighton West Pier in rain

Is the fair closed now?

by lolo0

Hello,

I understand there is a fair where there're carousel, ferris wheel etc in Brighton. Hope some of you staying in Brighton or anyone can help me.

Is it open whole year round?
Is it a good time to visit Brighton at this time of the year?

Thank you.

RE: Is the fair closed now?

by Anastasia_G

Do you mean the Pier and it's attractions? It's open all right, but I'd personally advise to wait till the weather gets a bit warmer and the wind calms down.

RE: RE: Is the fair closed now?

by Anastasia_G

- Its attractions - of course...
Also there is much more in Brighton than just carousels. What about the Pavilion, the Sealife Centre, Brighton Marina, the Lanes, Toy Museum, theatres and clubs? How about the surroundings with Seven Sisters and Beachy Head?

RE: RE: Is the fair closed now?

by lolo0

Hi all,

Thank you for the advices.

Travel Tips for Brighton

Relax at the Pier

by socrates_07

The first what I did after I arrived in Brighton was taking a breakfast. And then ... relaxing at the pier in Brighton. It was luck because it was the last and only sunny day in Brighton during my stay.

26/10/02 what a day!!!

by Elodie_Caroline

Yep, the whole of this day should be a warning and danger tip! We started off out at 10 am and because of roadworks and dickhead slow drivers that don't know what they're doing, we took 3 hours to do a 2 hour trip.

When we got here I was busting for a pee, I went into the old loos on Brighton promenade and the lock stuck and I couldn't get out again! I fiddled and farted around with the lock and ended up shouting could anyone help me? Then I screamed for my old man, but that silly old bugger had wandered off down the street a bit to look in the shop windows, whilst waiting for me. I eventually got the door open, but I was really panicking at the thought of being stuck in the loo for ages.

Whilst walking in 'The Lanes'some idiot threw some huge round coin that hit me in the shoulder, thank god I had a thick jacket on, I shouted out that they were f***ing little c***s! If I had seen who had thrown that, they would no longer have their teeth in their mouth, you can rest assured of that.

Then, when we are stood right next to the balcony upstairs in The Churchill Square shopping center, some skinny, ugly little b*tch smashes straight into my bag and hurts my hip! Isn't it funny how skinny people need a lot more room that us more meatier ones eh? I don't bruise easily, but my hip hurt like buggery for hours afterwards. I hope she falls over and breaks her scrawny little Chicken neck.

Other than that, I enjoyed my day out, as usual.

Packing List

by Kingus

When you go to England the most important thing is to take a lot of heavy clothes and an umbrella.
The weather is very strange there.
There have to rain everyday!!
Even if at morning there is warm, don't worry, evening will rain.

HOVE

by mel_bee

To the west of Brighton lies Hove which is an upperclass version of Brighton with beautiful sweeping crescents and avenues. On the beach at Hove you will find these colourful beach huts with a grassy esplanade behind. When in Hove, visit Palmeira Square and George Street shops.

Fresh Organic Food Produce & Natural Health

by amapola66 about Infinity Foods

"Infinity foods has been operating in Brighton since 1971. It is a workers co-opertive and members who work there have a share in the company. A Brighton Institution."

Set up in 1970, It has been a Workers Co op since 1979. Infinity Foods have been pioneers in promoting high quality organic, natural and fair traded goods.

You can find Infinity Foods in the NorthLanes. They stock fresh organic food produce and natural health products.

Their range of unprocessed, unsprayed, unbleached and unfussy items is unparalleled – it makes you ashamed to ask for a carrier bag.

Their onsite organic bakery provides an excellent variety of tasty fresh baked bread. Daily baked products include wheat and yeast free loaves. Over 1500 Organic Lines
• Large Range of Dairy, wheat and gluten free products
• Organic Beers and Wines
• Large range of organic herbs and spices
• Seasonal organic gardening section

They also have a good selection of natural and cruelty free body care products.

There is also a cafe and take away in nearby Gardener St. The cafe is commited to being:
•95% Organic, with 100% organic - Fruit & vegetables, Pulses and Grains
• GMO Free !
• Fresh and Local Products as available
• Suitable for particular Diets (vegan, Wheat Free, Sugar Free..)
• Environmentally Friendly (we use eco friendly household products and recycle)

See you in there ! They do well to keep the prices as low as possible.

Comments