Cavalaire Hotel Brighton

34 Upper Rock Gardens, Kemp Town, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 1QF, United Kingdom
Cavalaire Hotel
Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

More about Cavalaire Hotel Brighton

helpful and lovely room

we travelled down for a show in brighton which coincided with our 1st anniversary. my partner emailed the owners to ask them if they could buy a lovely bouquet of flowers and a bottle of champagne to put in the room for our arrival....all unknown to me! The owner happily arranged this for my partner and i was greeted with the most beautiful flowers and a lovely bottle of bubbly, ice bucket and 2 glasses. The owner carried our case up all the stair to the top room to save us the trouble.

The room was immaculate, the en suite was on the small side but managable. Thye had a dog, im not keen on dogs but she was very well behaved and did not overwhelm me at all.

The breakfast was brilliant....fruit salad, cereal, cooked breakfast, fruit juice, coffee, tea you name it it was there!

We would definately go back.

the best sausages

My children and i stayed in this small but perfectley formed hotel .And nothing was to much trouble for Garry and Derek. The breakfast was wonderful and they dont even flinch if you asked for more . Which my son did everyday for sausages he says they are the best sausages in the world. The rooms are VERY clean and comfortable.Would definitely recommend and have already booked for next year.

A real gem...

....we were very lucky to find accommodation given the fabulous weather, let alone find a gem like the Cavalaire!

You made us feel very welcome and the room and delicious breakfast were first class, thank you again for a thoroughly enjoyable stay!

Overpriced rooms & Undervalued guests

by TripAdvisor Member F.Wilson

Great location, shame about the hotel.
We were recommended the Cavalaire by friends of ours who stayed last year, due to it's fantastic breakfasts & great location.
I am not sure whether the hotel has changed hands since then - the location was indeed good, although our stay there was not a pleasurable one.
The "ensuite" bedroom was disappointing - the bathroom was miniscule & we had to clean the toilet on arrival. The shower seemed to be a bit on the tempermental side, with alternating blasts of scalding hot & ice-cold water.
Breakfast looked delicious & was nicely presented, but was sadly inedible due to the sausages being uncooked inside - perhaps the chef was having an off day.
The gentleman we complained to was most rude. He would not take us seriously & stated that no one else had a problem, & thus why should we?
All in all, problems were rectifiable. We understand that one cannot help the size of a bathroom, although a previous warning would have been appreciated.
We will stay elsewhere next time.

Wonderful Hosts

by TripAdvisor Member Feerick

What can I say apart from FANTASTIC! I have just come back from a girls weekend in Brighton & had a wonderful time. We were meet with a warm friendly smile & a cup of tea. The rooms were decorated beautifully (not massive rooms but perfectly done).
When we asked the owners for top tips on where to eat they recommended 2 fab places & offered to book us a table also. They really couldn't do enough for us!
And as for breakfast - the full english is a must.

Well done guys, keep up the good work myself, Viv, Louise, Steph & Sue will certainly be back.

Happy Days

by TripAdvisor Member ZiggyZuZu

We had an abs fab time. Brighton is a great place to visit for the weekend, so much to do and so little time. The Cavalaire was a really welcoming place and the guys that ran it were really warm . Cups of tea when we arrived was a great touch, knowing your names was another. The place was spick and span and very tidy and comfortable. Highly recommend it to others wanting a reasonable (not cheap) weekend away. Breakfast was lovely and we were asked EXACTLY how we wanted things done to meticulous detail. Shower rooms smallish but not a problem, again really couldnt fault it. Ideal loaction as well.

Regards Viv Rogers

Brighton breezy

by TripAdvisor Member charlesworth

A last minute booking in mid-August, Derek went to considerable trouble to accomodate us. The hotel was ideally situated and gave us a very relaxing few days sightseeing, shopping and sampling local fare. Derek and Garry were very helpful in recommending where to go and eat - and what to avoid.

Our en-suite rooms were very good, breakfasts were excellent, our hosts (not forgetting Buffy!) most welcoming, with a charming sense of humour. That personal touch made all the difference, while the hotel itself is attractively presented inside and out, and well looked after.

We felt "at home" there and all left wishing we could have stayed much, much longer.

Great weekend break!

by TripAdvisor Member bugbabe333

The hotel was perfect for our weekend break. The location was ideal, only a shorty stroll to seafront and shops. Gary and Derrick were the perfect hosts. Breakfast was amazing, a great selection and all home cooked to perfection. My only criticism would be that our room would benefit from a little updating, but we knew that and a bottle of wine awaited us on our arrival to compensate! Beds were comfortable, it's a non smoking establishment and it was clean and cosy. Don't hesitate to book!

A wonderful welcoming, top class hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Redone1

We stayed here for a weekend and was blown away by the friendly service and welcoming atmosphere!! The hotel was immaculate and very homely. We felt as if we were staying with friends for the weekend. The breakfast, fresh fruit & friut salad, followed by home made veggie (&Meat) breakfasts served with humour and friendliness alone make staying here worthwhile!!

We would definately recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an experience to warm your heart and feel at home! We will definately be going back and will be booking ahead in order to get our choice of the amazing rooms on offer! Great value for money and a must for anyone to whom great service, good catering and cleanliness is essential.

This is definately one to recommend, with many thanks to the owners!!!! - Claire & Matthew (London)

BRIGHTON PIERBRIGHTON PIER

COLOUR IN THE CAR PARKCOLOUR IN THE CAR PARK

A stroll on the pier - absolutely free!A stroll on the pier - absolutely free!

Royal PavilionRoyal Pavilion

Two weeks in Brighton

by accor

I will be two weeks in Brighton. The gold of my trip is became more accurete with the culture and English Language. It will be nice if I can find someone interesting there to talk and if she can give me some suggestions or show me the city. I hope you can hell me with the best and not very exensive suggestions.
Thanks.

Re: Two weeks in Brighton

by Mara88

Have you been there yet? Am at the other end of the country, but been in Brighton a couple of times when I lived nearby.

Nice town, but wouldn't spend 2 whole weeks there, unless you've got a car!!

Enjoy your trip,