Holiday Inn Brighton Seafront

Expedia.com IHG Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 28% more and rated 13% lower than other 4 star hotels

• Well Located Hotel

Stayed a couple of nights on a budget deal and found room (at side of hotel, with some sea view) to be very good, clean & well proportioned with excellent en-suite facilities.

Breakfast was really good; well stocked table for buffet self-service, with full choice of hot items and cold meats, cheese etc. Nice view out to sea, across busy main road (enjoyed watching poor saps going to work!)

It is well enough located; a 5-10 minute walk along promenade to the Lanes area or go up adjacent Preston Street, to find choice of restaurants and busy pub (Royal Sovereign) - also find main shopping street at top of same road.

• miniman2804's Profile Photo

Perfect location

Overlooking the sea and close to all the action - how can you improve on the location? Got an executive room this time, which had a balcony (too windy to use!) and a lot of space.

Had room service breakfast - a bit ordinary but did a job. Didn't try restaurants or bars - too much choice in Brighton to stay in!

Make sure you get a deal by booking early - I did through Holiday Inn's own website but presumably on lastminute etc as well. Booked in March and paid £165 per night. At reception the price advertised was £300!!

Car parking at £15 per night I felt was a bit steep.

Unique Quality: Ideal location and great views from the sea facing room if you can get one.

Directions: Turn right at pier and you can't miss it.

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

Bargain

Holiday inn is never going to deliver much charisma into your holiday package. Despite that the staff were freindly and the rooms were acceptable. It's just a pity that from the outside the buikling is monumentally ugly.

Going direct to the Holdiay Inn reservation line landed two nights (room only) for just over 100 pounds. I reckon this was about 20 per-cent (as in 80 per-cent off) the normal rack rate if you had just picked the place on a spur of the moment whim.

Unique Quality: Excellent location, amy rooms with sea-view.

Directions: seafront...durr !

• Dick33's Profile Photo

Masive rooms

The staff didn't seem to know what they were doing but they were very nice.
    We had to change rooms because the toilet sprung a leak but the manager gave us a free meal to say sorry. The strange thing was he put a note under the door to say they changed the lock and sorry we couldn't get in. How stupid was that?
    It was a little inconveniant but these things happen, both rooms were huge very clean and comfortable.

Unique Quality: The bar was nice and the food was good.
    Our balconys in both rooms looked out over the west pier and were huge.

Directions: Opposite the west pier on the front

More about Holiday Inn Brighton Seafront

Avoid, Avoid, Avoid......

by TripAdvisor Member CARROTSAREYUMMY

We stayed in the hotel for one night and were discusted with the service and the condition of the room. To begin with we were greeted by a grumpy receptionist that spent more time chatting to the manager than ourselves. When she couldn't find our business address she turned to the manager and sighed 'this is hard work !'.......the same receptionist guided us to a street next door for the best resturants which we later discovered was no where near the quaint back streets of brighton that we found the following day. Clearly she had no idea !
Our room really was bad. It was not until the morning (we were a late arrival) that we realised in the daylight how dirty, old and in need of a good clean it was. When I mentioned this to reception they told me that my room was a half renevated oneI and that if I would like to book again then I would get a free upgrade to a fully renevated room. Where's the logic in that?
I recomend just staying away. We checked out and went to the thistle hotel up the road which was fantastic!

Shabby

by TripAdvisor Member NooNoo1975

Wanting to stay in Brighton for only one night over a bank holiday our choices were limited. The Holiday Inn was the only hotel with any space. The exterior of the hotel was awful, no wonder there was no picture on the Holiday Inn website. The whole hotel was tired and shabby. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Surprised

by TripAdvisor Member coope

We booked our stay on the Holiday Inn website, then looked at the reviews on Tripadvisor. A silence fell then my wife just said "oh my god". We had a week of wondering whether to cancel and cut our losses with the deposit. Eventually we decided to go and if things were really as bad as others had said we would find another hotel.
The hotel is a grey building which looks completley out of place on the seafront, the only thing looking worse is the old ruins of the pier it overlooks. The carpark is underground and visiting it on Halloween you can imagine been attacked by zombies amongst the air conditioning pipes and dripping water,and costs £15 per night.
However walking into reception we were greeted by pleasant receptionists , a clean check inn area but a quiet , empty bar. Were we the only people staying here?
We had booked a sea view room which was ok, nothing special but comfotable. The hotel has only been a Holiday Inn for 12 months and is nowhere near the standard of other Holiday Inn Hotels we have stayed in. But is been refurbed. We were happy with the room which was clean and well equipped with tv, tea and coffee etc etc. Room service has a limited menu in our opinion but only took 30 minutes to arrive .
Well situated for the beach , bars and resteraunts and other attractions the hotel is great. We had a relaxing few days pleasant break and have no problems with saying we would return to the hotel again. Only to say at the moment Holiday Inn prices but not the standard we have come to expect.

A nice Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Pixie_Thunder

Having booked this hotel on the Holiday Inn hotel website itself I had hoped that our reservation would go without any hitches....which it kinda did. I payed a reasonable price for the two nights in Brighton, as I looked at alot of other hotels, but didnt realise how pricey the Brighton Seafront was. When we arrived we were booked into a room, but when we went to put our bags in...there was already suitcases and clothes all over the room, so we made a quick exit back to to the reception. The Receptionist was very apologetic , and said she would book us into a 'nicer' room...personally I think it was exactly the same type of room, just a further flight of stairs up! But it was very spacious and a nice standard of room. Plenty of pillows, and towels, just as u would expect from a Holiday Inn. was very pleased with the room. The only down side was the Car parking...for £15 a night, it was the size of a shoe box, and was highly suprised the car did not get knocked/scratched. If u are over a size 10 do not expect to be able to get in or out of your car when parked. (very tight spaces!)
Carpark aside, it was a very nice stay, plenty of tea and coffee in the room...always a bonus, a very good location, helpful staff and a very comfortable bed and room. would definitely stay again.

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member CNam

Colleague recommended this hotel so I ignored the previous comments. He was very surprised that there was negative feedback

Upgraded to a seaview executive room which was fantastic. The quality of the renovations on the room and communal area could almost make this a Crowe Plaza. OK - the light switches in the room seem to the be the old Hilton ones and there was a couple of cracked tiles in the bathroom BUT I would never have noticed this if I had not read the other uncomplimentary reviews and been so keen to poke around the room.

The check-in & out staff were all very, very good. I always expect Holiday Inn reception staff to be better than average but these were the best I have encountered for a while. When I was sat in the bar in the evening one of them went to the time and trouble to discuss their following days trip to London with a pair of Americans and provide loads of useful advice.

Breakfast was superb, the staff were very efficent and they give you a pot of coffee so you do not need to catch their attention for a refill.

-ves
Cannot charge wifi in the bar to your room
Puddle on balcony

Definately stay there again, especially if I can get such a great rate.

Comments