18 Madeira Place, Brighton, BN2 1TN, United Kingdom

TYPICAL ROCK SHOPTYPICAL ROCK SHOP

Definitely no Liz TaylorDefinitely no Liz Taylor

Brighton Guest House June 2008

by MichaelDouglasBrown

My wife and I are planning to travel to Brighton for a weekend in June.
We are looking for a cosy and clean Bed & Breakfast centrally located, any suggestions?

by Mariajoy

Hi, I was checking them out earlier this month - but didn't stay due to a change of plans so can't recommend any from experience. There are lots listed here:

by Mariajoy

This one might help too:

by Mariajoy

And then of course you could always check VTers Brighton accommodation tips:

I'm sure that sooner or later someone will come along who's stayed there recently - but that little lot should keep you busy for a while :)

Hope it helps!

Travel Tips for Brighton

Sunset flock

by JulesH

The pier is a very important point in Brighton and although the town is busy and bustling, you simply have to turn out towards the water to experience a different perspective. The sea seems to have something special here. I feel at peace when I look across towards the distant horizon. As we were searching for the VT party on the pier we saw a flock of birds swooping against the sunset in the evening air. Quite a stunning sight.

The tarts day out

by Elodie_Caroline

When I was in my late teens, I used to go to a pub called 'The Morning Star' and was in the darts team. The darts team decided to hire a mini coach and we went to Brighton for the day, it was called somethings like 'Tarts day out.' We stopped off at 'The Wooden Bridge' pub in Guilford, Surrey, and before we went intot he pub, we all put our underwear on top of our normal clothes! It caused a great stir in the pub!

Once we got to Brighton, we found this old pub called 'The Alambra' and went in there, it was full of old fogies and an old piano, but we had a great old sing song and was all drunk by mid afternoon!. We slept it off on the beach so that we could all have a good time down there at night, which of course we did! We went pubbing and clubbing, got pissed again and didn't get home until 5 am in the morning. I needed a wee on the way home, the coach driver stopped the coach for me, then the cheeky bugger was shining the headlights on to my backside!

I'm afraid that Brighton...

by Miffy

I'm afraid that Brighton people often complain about the foreign students who travel round in big groups and block the pavements or crowd onto buses. The best way to behave is to make sure that people can get past!

QUEENS PARK

by mel_bee

There are some lovely parks in Brighton and the Queens Park is just up the hill from St James Street towards the Hanover area. There is a children's playground, lake, dog walking areas, tennis courts, bowling green, wildlife garden and plenty of green grass for relaxing on. I like to spend time here.

Animal friendly footwear

by Mariajoy about Vegetarian Shoes

This place sells gorgeous shoes - and no animals were harmed in the making of those shoes! Now I can enjoy my shoes without a conscience!! Hooray!!!

Unfortunately (for me) it's not open on Sundays!! Anything from funky flip-flops to babelicious boots. under 20 quid for flip-flops and up to 60 quid for rouched boots with buckles :)

Comments