Third Avenue, Hove, Brighton, East Sussex, BN3 2PX, United Kingdom

LEVINGTONS BY THE WEST PIERLEVINGTONS BY THE WEST PIER

Brighton Toilet humourBrighton Toilet humour

Brighton Festival 2008

Hi,
I have found out by chance, browsing on the net, that Brighton has a festival in May. I will be in London for 6 days and am wondering if a day trip to Brighton would be a good idea or if it would be too frantically busy. Have never been to Brighton and would love to see it.
Thanks, Norah

by ghosthunter

Brighton will be busy during the festival Norah, but it's only approx 1 hour on the train from London Victoria & i promise you won't regret visiting. I may upset a few people from Bournemouth here but Brighton is the best place to spend a day on the South coast of England. There is so much to see & do so set off early if you decide to go, Darren.

by leics

Very easy to get to, and worthwhile. Official site here:
www.brightonfestival.org

www.nationalrail.co.uk for times and trains (the May timetable won't be up ye, but won't be much different).

www.nationalexpress.com for coaches...a cheaper and not much slower option, in this case. Their funfares can be as low as 1GBP one-way, so worth checking out/booking nearer the time (say, three/four weeks or so beforehand).

by norah123

Thank you both for your replies. Glad you recommend it. Am keen to go so will follow up on your suggestions for transport. Hope the weather will be better next year. You didn't have much of a summer this year! Guess the beach front would be impressive whatever the weather.
Norah

by rongould

Definitely worth a visit to the jewel of the south coast.

Our festival has almost as much as Edinburgh, and much more than Bath (although the Bath Festival Director is a Brightonian).

Events usually cover all musical forms, theatre, literary talks, the best comedy etc. etc. That is not counting everything else that normally goes on in Brighton.

Get in touch with me nearer the time.

Ron

Thanks, Ron.
Will be in touch. Start on my travels at end of April and arrive in UK mid May so will contact you late April. Am looking forward to the festiavl. Have been to Edinburgh and enjoyed it immensely so am keen to experience Brighton albeit for one day only.
Norah

Travel Tips for Brighton

The Brighton food fight

by Elodie_Caroline

When me, my husband, my sister Mel, and her other half Simon, came down here for the day in June 2002, we decided to have dinner in the restaurant on the Palace Pier. The service was deplorable, and we even had to ask for the `free` bread and butter that came with the fish and chips! it wasn`t even butter the cheapskates, it was cheap old tasteless margarine!!

Anyway, we`re sat there eating our fish and chips and drinking our cups of tea, when Simon said something silly to me, I can't even remember what it was now? I picked up one of the slices of bread and butter and laughingly threw it at him, it missed him and hit my sister on the arm, she didn't look very amused, I don't think Chris was either? LOL. Simon threw a slice back, it went on my hair and then down my black trousers, it looked just like a cumstain! Simon bent down to pick the bit up that had hit my sister, as it had fallen to the floor, I didn`t even think about what I was doing and I just slapped him straight in the side of the face with another piece of bread and marge! He got up and the triangle of bread was still stuck to his face! I couldn`t stop laughing, the people on the next table to us was pissing themselves laughing too! Simon wiped away the margarine saying that one side of his face would get the sun better than the other one now.

I often think of this little episode to myself and then can't stop laughing.

Oh balls!!

by Elodie_Caroline

Sitting on the promenade café, having a cup of tea is so much fun, especially when you see the Traffic Wardens vigilantly patrolling the sea front road and catching the tight b@stards that park on the double yellow lines.

There are they actually two wardens at once, one starts one end, and the other starts at the other end. Then they deftly go in for the kill! They write their tickets, stick them on the cars, and then photograph each one. That's so that the people can't say that there wasn't a ticket there I suppose?

So I thought it would be fun photographing the ladies in action, and I bet "Oh balls!" or words to that effect, is what the unsuspecting public say when they find their parking tickets!. Serves them jollywell right for parking where they shouldn't is what I say! hahahaha.

money money money!

by boo999

compared with abroad, condoms can be a bit pricey here so bring your own. bring change (as in money in coin form) for using buses as a lot of bus drivers do not like to change note money. Also very useful for car park paying machines which do tend to eat notes without giving change.

Well folks, this inauspicious...

by steventilly

Well folks, this inauspicious looking field is actually the scene of a pivotal point in British history. This field is the site of The Battle Of Hastings and it's not actually in Hastings, it's in a small town nearby called Battle. (Guess how the town got it's name :-))
On this site King Harold got one in the eye from William of Normady in the last successful invasion of British soil. The year was 1066.

Car boot sale on sunday morning

by elmasri about Brighton Train Station Car Park

This is the place to shop if you like second hand anything. The atmosphere is great, everyone's looking for bargains and when I say bargains I MEAN BARGAINS! Here you can find virtually anything, from clothes, toys, books, watches, shoes, records, cds to the most unusual things. You can find furniture here too. It's absolutely amazing! from 10p to £600. Private sellers sell anything from 10 pence to ... the most expensive thing I've seen there was a beautiful chaise long - really cool - for £600.

Comments