Brighton Hotels

Our Members Say

• jacky2502 profile photo jacky2502
  • Reviews: 1
court craven: dirty grotty disgusting

i am pleased to say that we never stayed at this dirty disgusting place they call an hotel. we were going to book this hotel for our stay in brighton, but we chose the premier inn instead, but decided to go and have a look at the court craven whilst we were there. what a dirty grotty place it looks from the outside so god only knows what the inside must be like we didnt go that far as it was too disgusting from the outside. how they can advertise such a place as a bed and breakfast is beyond me and surely no one would dare to eat at such a grubby hotel. if your looking for some where nice to stay at brighton the only place to go is the premier inn. nice clean luxury rooms the staff are really friendly, cleaners come round every day you are there to change the bed linen and your towels and always ask if there is anything that you need. please think twice before booking the court craven you will be very disappointed with your choice if you do. Like i said stay at the premier inn it will take some beating in everyway.

nothing just grubby dirty disgusting and thats just from outside

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written March 29, 2010

• sutongott profile photo sutongott
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Caretaker's Quarters: Brighton & Hove

I arrived in Brighton on a Friday night but there was no room at the inn, much like the story of Jesus. Finally I found a hotel in the adjoining city of Hove and the receptionist there said she'd just given away the last room. She did however offer to let me stay in the caretaker's quarters for half price, as he had returned home for the weekend. I took the key and upon her directions walked around the hotel to a two story detached building. After trying the key in several doors, success was finally mine.

Opening the door, immediately in front of me was a narrow passage which wound its way between massive amounts of sundry hotel junk piled to the ceiling. At the end I found a staircase ascending to a landing yet again piled with massive amounts of sundry hotel junk as well as three locked doors to which I had no key, and two folding cots.

Making my way back to the receptionist I inquired as to how exactly she expected me to sleep on a cot situated on a staircase, seeing as how there was not another speck of unoccupied real-estate in the caretaker's quarters due to the massive amounts of sundry hotel junk piled to the ceilings. She apologetically handed me a different key and explained “Sorry! That’s not the caretaker's quarters, it’s the hotel’s sundry junk storage room.” Once we'd gotten it all sorted out these quarters turned out to be the most luxurious suite in which I have stayed in all of Europe.

Later, I discovered the delightful hotel pub filled with numerous eccentric characters. Most of the patrons were local citizens who lived around the corner in a home for people who are (I think this is the proper British term?) mental. There was one bloke I remember in particular.

First I need to regress and explain the cabin pressure crossing the pond had virtually rendered me deaf in my left ear. Secondly, due to this man's mentalness his speech was utterly slurred. Thirdly, I have a problem understanding British accents in general.

What I was able to surmise from our tedious conversation was for some unknown reason he had a great hatred for the United States Ryder Cup Team. Admittedly, I know nothing about golf and even if I had I still probably wouldn’t have given a rat’s ass about it other than the fact that suddenly I was gripped with an overwhelming feeling of patriotism, so much so that I could feel my fury sculpting my normally limp wrist into a fistful of murderous rage.

In the end it always saddens me when it becomes necessary to beat a mental person senseless... but sometimes there's a good enough reason. My solitude lies in the fact that I know in my heart he's probably a better person for it.

That’s pretty much everything I know about Brighton & Hove. I am DEFINANTLY recommending it to all my friends for a holiday retreat in England... but only if you're lucky enough to stay in the caretaker's quarters!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Beaches, Disabilities
  • Written July 31, 2009
Tip Photo

• brookitabanana profile photo brookitabanana
  • Reviews: 18

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Walkabouts Hostel - above Australian bar: Walkabout is a disgusting mess

This is the most disgusting hostel I have ever seen. Dirty everything. I was scared of getting bed bugs from the matress or touch the floor. No toilet paper either. Apparently there was only one shower to use. On top of this, the bar downstairs had pumping music till 3am - so loud it vibrated the bed. Really, this was the worst case scenario stay. And it was 20 pounds!!!

The bar downstairs sounded like great fun. Just go there, and forego the hostel.

• Written May 20, 2007

• BluBluBlu profile photo BluBluBlu
  • Reviews: 754

Sea Spray Hotel

This is a boutique hotel with themed rooms. Singles are about £40...doubles about £100. Its on New Steine...which is a square to the east of town...I think I've stayed in most of the hotels on this square!

NB Photo is from their own webpage.

• Written August 24, 2005

• Waoife profile photo Waoife
  • Reviews: 118

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hilton West Pier: A last resort .................

Stayed 3 nights for a conference but in no hurry to return.

Old shabby rooms, the ugliest looking building for miles, food that tasted like it had all been deep fried (even the sandwiches!) and not exactly cheap either according to the rack rates they displayed.

Lots of unique qualities - unfortunately none of them are things I normally look for in a hotel.

I'm really surprised that Hilton allow their name to be associated with it!

• Written February 16, 2004

• Rosie-o profile photo Rosie-o
  • Reviews: 37

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Freise Green Hostel: Backpacking a la Blanche du Bois.

Okay so this ain't the cleanest hostel ever ... the bathrooms were kinda frightening! But the staff were very friendly and it is situated right near the beach and a couple of pubs. The famous pier is only a short walk (that is, I hope, the pier has been rebuilt?!).

The main thing I took away from my stay here was that it reminded me of Tennessee Williams' play 'A Streetcar Named Desire' because Freise Green has this big Southern staircase in the foyer. That and there always seemed to be jazz music wafting about. You could stay that this hostel had a real 'ambience' - despite the grotty bathroom.

Staircase.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking, Work Abroad, Budget Travel
  • Written January 7, 2004

• a5floor profile photo a5floor
  • Reviews: 1496

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hilton West Pier: The second hotel I stayed in.

In Brighton you have 2 hotels from Hilton: the Hilton Brighton West Pier and the Hilton Brighton Metropole. The West Pier is more further away from the centre than the Metropole is.
You can have a single, double or triple room.

Faxnumber: +44-(0)1273-775877.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written September 20, 2003

• HORSCHECK profile photo HORSCHECK
  • Reviews: 2639

Private Bed and Breakfast

I recommend to stay in a private Bed and Breakfast or Guesthouse accomodation. Brighton is a popular seaside resort, therefore it has plenty of accomodations. But in the high season it can be booked up.

Bed and Breakfast accomodation offers various advantages which make your holiday unforgettable: You get in contact with the locals and get a feeling for their way of life.
You get in contact with other tourists.
The cooked english breakfast is excellent and keeps you full until the afternoon.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Backpacking, Trains, Budget Travel
  • Written January 1, 2003

Bed and Breakfast Brighton

• shufflefarm profile photo shufflefarm
  • Reviews: 3

Brighton is primarily a...

Brighton is primarily a tourist type city, so there is an abundance of accommodation to suit any budget. From the backpackers hostel on Brighton seafront to the Grand Hotel, there are many B&Bs right in the centre of town. Watch out during summer as sometimes EVERYTHING is booked up when large conferences are taking place at the Brighton Centre (i.e. Political or Religious).

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written August 26, 2002

• tazmaniak profile photo tazmaniak
  • Reviews: 62

I always stay with my friend...

I always stay with my friend Maurice but Brighton has STACKS of B&Bs and hotels to suit all budgets. Check out the Lonely Planet guide or do some internet research. There are plenty of gay friendly B&Bs too!

• Opinion of Price: