37 Russell Square, Brighton, BN1 2EF, United Kingdom
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Motel Schmotel

Excellent Hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member em_kit

Stayed at Motel Schmotel with a friend at the start of july. The hotel was in a fantastic location.
Room was small but had everything you needed for a few nights.
Staff were really lovely and helpful. Breakfast was great, filled you up for the day!

The hotel was really good value for money. I would highly recommend staying there!!!

Small but lovely

by TripAdvisor Member expatsinEgypt

My teenage daughter and I were at the end of a long driving trip of England and almost cancelled the last night. The thought of more hours on the road was not inviting but we drove to Brighton anyway. When we arrived at Motel Schmotel we were given such a lovely welcome, despite the rain and gale force winds, it cheered us up immediately. Then the rain stopped and the sun came out and visiting Brighton seemed like the best idea ever.

Our rooms were small but didn't feel cramped and we really appreciated the free wifi to catch up on emails. I especially appreciated the tiny fridge in the room with fresh milk for my cup of tea in the early morning.

Thank you Paul, Amsey and beautiful baby Alabama for making Brighton a highlight of our trip.

Experience Motelschmotel

by TripAdvisor Member nicmad

We recently booked at Motelschmotel for a two night stay. We found it on a search for hotels around Brighton and instantly loved their home from home website. It sounded like they loved what they were doing and really wanted to make your stay a good one! Booking was very easy, parking (booked via website with Regency Secure parking £20 for our stay) couldn't have been easier and a bonus not to have to worry about our car. Motelschmotel lived upto to their website. Amsy and Paul are so welcoming and helpful without being overboard. We loved the quirky nature, the decor and the realxed atmosphere. Breakfast in bed...GENIUS (and very yummy). The rooms are compact but caters for all your needs. Great location, two minutes away from the beach and a ten minute walk right into the heart of the Laines. We will go back again, go and try it out for yourselves.

perfect !!!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member leighlouise

What a lovely place to stay. Our first time away without the kids for 2 years. Had a 2 night stay in this gorgeous family run hotel. Attention to detail is spot on , rooms very clean , all you can want , just a few minutes walk to either the beach and shops. Advise booking parking with hotel if you can , much much cheaper than the main car parks. Ate at loves fish resturant wich was fantastic. Breakfasts is superb just what you need after a night on the Pinot and even better when its served in bed!! how good is that. Would recomend this place to anyone and cant wait to go back, many many thanks to Paul, Amsy Jackson and lil Alabama, alll the best for the future and hope to see you all soon, Leigh & Louise xx

Breakfast in bed just one of the many delights.

by TripAdvisor Member Coypu

I stayed here in August with my two teenagers and we shared a room. The room was small, 'though light and airy, but the en-suite shower room was generously proportioned. The first thing I noticed was the modern, fresh decor, and the cleanliness; moreover there was attention to detail wherever you looked.
The welcome was genuine, and nothing was too much trouble for the young owners. Wifi is available, as is the use of iron/board, hairdryer etc. The owners were happy to advise on the best places to eat, and had no problem with us bringing takeaways back to our room; they even supplied plates, cutlery and wine glasses for us!
Breakfast in bed was a fabulous treat, and once I'd got over the initial guilt of being waited on (didn't take long) we eagerly awaited filling out the breakfast choices card and hanging it on our door. I would say that during our five days, we probably tried everything between us, and were never disappointed; the food was cooked to perfection and beautifully presented.
Hotel Schmotel is extremely convenient for shopping, as you are five minutes from the shops, bars, seafront, cinemas and the station, which is really handy if, like us, you'd arrived from France as a foot passenger.
All in all, the staff and hotel were faultless, it offered excellent value for money, and we'll be back next year.

Ace B&B

by TripAdvisor Member Stella975

This is a fantastic B&B bang in the centre of Brighton. I really can't fault it...the owners were lovely, our small double room was spotless and modern, prices were really reasonable and the breakfast was absolutely the best breakfast I've ever had in a B&B. Breakfast became something I actually looked forward to, rather than something that I grudgingly ate for a day or so just because I'd paid for it (my usual experience!). I tried a different option from the menu each day and found them all to be really tasty, with a great mix of healthy and good old fashioned fry up dishes. It's the little things, though, that make this B&B so brilliant...like providing fresh milk, water and chocolate biscuits in the room and breakfast in bed. Highly recommended!

Amazing place; amazing hosts

by TripAdvisor Member caepie

Stayed for the first time in July of this year...
The hotel is amazing, in a great location; the hosts are so very friendly and welcoming.
Breakfasts are varied and excellent.
Can't wait until we get the chance to stay again; definitely our number 1 destination in Brighton...

great

by TripAdvisor Member catscanker

fantastic location , 2mins from shops and beach,great rooms with trendy boutique style, great breakfast delivered to our room on time. what more can i say ! would definately stay there again !

Loved it!!

by TripAdvisor Member jennfleah

Great place...very funky and homely right in the centre of Brighton. We were made so welcome by the lovely hosts. The breakfasts was amazing. We will definitely stay here again!!

Choccywoccydoodah Bar Du ChocolatChoccywoccydoodah Bar Du Chocolat

Spoilt for choiceSpoilt for choice

I too used to believe that pointing helped.I too used to believe that pointing helped.

Some friends in a different bar.Some friends in a different bar.

Brighton in March?

by jessica-tob

Hi!
I love the english seaside towns, theres something unreal about them. Have never been to Brighton though, and my question is as follows:
Is it dead quiet in Brighton in March or is it still worth a visit? Should I wait till May/June?
Thanks, Jess

by JulesH

My personal preference would be to wait, but it depends what you want to do there. It will be freezing in March though.

Re: Re: Brighton in March?

by roz.van

btw its nearly always busy in brighton! ;)

by KennetRose

Brighton is never dead quite. March is probably not the best time to visit though as it can be kinda windy!

by jessica-tob

Have reached a well-considered decision ;-)
Might give it a miss in March and go there in June instead, unless Brighton were to be hit by an unexpected heat wave.
Just have to come up with something else to do in March now.

Comments