17 Jubilee Street, Brighton, BN1 1GE, United Kingdom

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Rated 12% higher but also costs 29% more than other 4 star hotels

• themajor's Profile Photo

BRIGHTON'S NEWEST TRENDIEST PAD!

If you after somewhere sparkly new and jaw achingly fashionable to stay then the newly built 'myhotel Brighton' might be for you. And before you ask, yes they are the type who play around with lower case lettering! To be honest I'm not altogether certain it's opened it's doors yet as they were still finishing the place a week or so ago. What's promised is cutting edge trendiness with lots of plasma tvs (that's televisions not transvestites but in Brighton you never know!), internet connections,built in sound systems, power showers, curiously placed bathtubs, chocolate dipped strawberries etc The more you pay the more of the above you will undoubtedly get! Well there's little doubt that Brighton could do with a really top notch hotel to challenge the existing Grande Dames, so we will await reports with interest!

Price for a standard double room for a two night stay over a Friday/Saturday night in August 2008 is currently quoted by their own site as costing £140 per night. A superior room is £175 pn. The daftly named 'more superior' is £250 pn. An 'artists studio' costs £310 and the 'carousel' suite - which contains it's own Turkish steam room and an antique carousel! - is £600 per night. I'm pretty sure they'll be plenty of deals to be had, but they are after all aiming directly at the free-spending light-thinking designer chic amongst us. And sadly they aren't that rare...

Unique Quality: Central, central, central.
    Trendy, trendy, trendy!

Directions: Directly opposite Brighton library and adjacent to Zilli's Café and Restaurant.

More about Myhotel Brighton

Very enjoyable indeed

by TripAdvisor Member fjc

I stayed at myhotel Brighton for a weekend recently. Our room was exactly as I expected - funky and modern with a few twists. Liked all the amenities in the rooms especially being able to plug my ipod in. We ate breakfast both mornings and really enjoyed it. (served until 11am on weekends which is great if you want a lie in). All the staff were more than helpful and friendly throughout our stay especially the front desk team.
Really can't think of anything negative to say about our stay (if pushed the only down side was the view from our room - we were overlooking the building behind the hotel).
Overall it was an incredibly enjoyable and relaxing stay. I'd never been to Brighton before but found the location to be ideal for us. You could pretty much walk everywhere in 5 - 10 minutes.

Gorgeous hotel...Be careful of egg boiler!!

by TripAdvisor Member Jocca11

We arrived at the Hotel on Friday 12th July and were happily received by an enthusiastic reception desk who promptly upgraded us to the superior double room....Now that's service!

A valet service kindly parked our car in the underground carpark and a member of staff kindly took our luggage and led us up to our room.

The first thing you notice upon entering the foyer of the hotel is how stylish it is. There's a coloured theme (Running from blues, to reds, yellow, etc, etc), which runs throughout the whole hotel and a sumptuous bar (Which we took advantage of later on in the evening). Our hotel room was absolutely stunning with a perfect view of the piazza below and once again the collision of colours sweeping throughout the room. We later read that each room had been designed to Feng Shui norms and it shows as there's just a feeling of contentment throughout.

It's a shame to raise one niggle, but seeing as myhotel brighton has only been in operation for 3 months, i'm sure that they'll appreciate the criticism.

For breakfast you're encouraged to make your own toast and boil your eggs on a contraption which probably looked good in the design phase but in practice leaves a lot to be desired. After 3 attempts at trying to get a reasonably boiled egg, me and my partner finally gave up and asked one of the staff to do it for us.

What with the rush of other guests trying to make their "own" breakfasts...Well you can perhaps imagine that partial chaos that ensued.

Other then that however (Which i am sure they will change), I cannot talk highly enough of MyHotel Brighton. A bit on the pricey side but it is a boutique hotel and do you get what you pay for.

Excellent Location

by TripAdvisor Member SGLondon1

We recently stayed at MyHotel for a weekend. The location is excellent with a wide variety of restaurants and shops right outside. The beach is within an easy stroll of the hotel. The hotel was comfortable though the room was small and compact. Our view was of a white brick wall so don't expect much with the views. The hotel staff were exteremly pleasent and they even park your car for you.

The only drawback was I would have preferred to have a more private bathroom and the cost of the parking was quite dear. Other than that I would recommend this hotel.

Never Again

by TripAdvisor Member Sootyof

My parnter and I were looking for a relaxing time by the sea and he suggested myhotel in Brighton. The weather was great but the hotel was a nightmare. Noise from the street, drunks shoutiing, cars roaring and Tesco delivery early morning. The car park was very expensive and the decoration within the hotel was tacky and cheap. Staff looked harassed and we couldn't get hold of the manager to complain. The name does not match the quality. Not My Hotel!!!

Hotel great, restaurant pricey!

by TripAdvisor Member KyleighB

Me and my boyfriend booked to stay here for my birthday from Friday to Sunday. We booked a special offer which included dinner and cocktails! The hotel is amazing, the reception is beautiful, its wild colours are strangely calming so dont be put off by them!!!!

On arrival we were upgraded to a 'more superior' room, free of charge. This room was lovely but for 2 people that are not comfortable being naked around each other, I wouldnt advise it. The bathroom was pretty much in the room, and had a clear shower door. The toilet had a frosted glass door with no lock but trust me you could see if there was anyone in there! Our main issue was the stunning floor to ceiling windows across the length of one wall. Sure it was a nice view of the street below but we were the same height as some offices opposite us. not a great view. Luckily, when we had first arrived at the room, whilst looking out of the windows, my boyfriend waved to someone in the offices. I thought this was stupid as there is no way a brand new hotel would be built with these huge windows and not have the glass that you can see out of but not into. But no, I was wrong. The girl waved straight back!!!!! Luckily we had blinds but without the blinds up, the light was poor and it took away the nice view. Be careful of this, I heard many people say that they had seen naked people in the windows!!!!!!
We had breakfast and dinner in 'Zilli'. Breakfast had poor choice, cereal, bread, eggs and fruit, and even though breakfast was included in the price, if we wanted a fry-up it would cost us an extra £6!!!!
Dinner again was 'included in the price'. Knowing that we had a two course meal included, we splashed out a little. Ordering only one bottle of wine and one dessert because we knew we had to pay for those, but picking expensive dishes for our starters and mains. BUT........ on getting the bill (which was £120.00 is we'd paid in full) was still £70.00 as the voucher only went up to £53.00?!!!!!! My main course was £29 and it was a fish on a plate, everything else was ordered as seperate!!! £53.00 wouldnt have covered my two courses on there own, let alone my boyfriends!!!!!

After all that I do reccomend the hotel....... it's in such a great location and the decor is amazing, with super helpful staff. BUT, unless you've got some money, dont bother with the restaurant. We went elsewhere the following day and for £2.50 we had a much better breakfast!

Fantastic Staff

by TripAdvisor Member WellTraveledDorset

Incredibly engaging and attentive staff who are deffinately the "Whaw" factor of this hotel. The restaurant is well worth a visit and not as expensive as one would think ,considering the reputation of Aldo Zilli. Highly proffesional restaurant staff who were fully aware of what was expected to ensure that customers are totally satisfied with the experience. Suggest you seek advice on the menue and the day's specials . A reasonable service charge is included . Very extensive and well thought out wine list with some very reasonably priced items. Rooms are small but incredibly well designed to ensure maximum use of space, an experience not to be missed. Located in the North Lanes, there is no view from the rooms but this was not really expected from a city center hotel. Room rates for mid-week were very good value and well worth a return visit possibly over a weekend as nothing really was too much trouble for anyone. Probably the best hotel restaurant I have ever experienced, certainly in Brighton.

My Hotel is now my brighton stay

by TripAdvisor Member bentkarkass

I had a meeting here and stayed after the event as well.
From the moment we arrived to the moment my valet parked car was waiting for me we had what can only be described as one of the best stays i have ever had.
I travel extensively for work and experience hotels of all styles qualities and prices and this is in the very top bracket.
George who helped with our conference was amazing and nothing was too much trouble for him.
Highly recommended

WONDERFUL,WONDERFUL,WONDERFUL

by TripAdvisor Member ChrisB-TRIP

Having just had a terrible night at the Royal York Hotel, see my review, I phoned MyHotel and got a room. The completly wonderful Millie on reception, on hearing our plight, arranged for the room to be ready at eleven o'clock which left us just time to pack, have a late brekkie and take a preasant walk to MyHotel.

On arriving Millie tended to us as though we were VIPs making checkin a completely painless operation.

Our room was superbly comfortable and my request for hypoallergenic bedding was complied with immediately.

By coincidence we had eaten at the hotel's restaurant Zilli the prevoius night and were so impressed that when we couldn't get into another restaurant we decided to give it another go. The food here is outstanding and given the quality not excessively priced. The £15 a bottle wine of the month was definately worth more.

Oh yes, do try the cocktail bar, the prices are very reasonable and the guy who made our whiskey sours made one of the best we've tasted.

All in all a great addition to the Brighton scene and one that other Brighton hoteliers should take note of. This is how its done guys.

Great Stay- Ultra Modern

by TripAdvisor Member Jeanne_8

Fantastic hotel- ultra modern. The staff were incredibly helpful and attentive. We were upgraded to a superior. Loved everything about this place. Would definitley go back! Couldn't find any faults.

Comments