New Steine Hotel

Expedia.com Booking.com Splendia.com

More about New Steine Hotel

Super Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mthauer

We stayed just one night in the New Steine Hotel but we feel very comfortable in an very nice and kindly room. The service was excellent and the hotel staff is very friendly. The Breakfast menue is super. The location of the hotel is only 10 minutes from brighton center away by feet. To the sealife center you need only 3 minutes, also by feet.

Wonderful Staff, Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member LaurieGethin

Just spent a lovely night stay and meeting day at the New Steine Hotel.

Staff so friendly and helpful, great food and lovely quirky rooms.

Only a two minute walk to the sea and 5 mins to the pier.

Will definitely return.

If you like the Brighton way you will love this eccentric and welcoming hotel with a real European feel.

Fabulous weekend

by TripAdvisor Member NicolaWorcester

My partner and I recently stayed at the New Steine hotel for two nights. We were really warmly welcomed, the staff were willing to help and advice us on where to park and where to eat and even booked us a table at a really great restaurant. Room was clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was good and the 24hour bar was most handy! Would love to go back again sometime soon.

Fantastic Accommodation & first Class Service

by TripAdvisor Member caroline66

Just quick note to underline the fact that my husband and I stayed at the New Steine Hotel in Brighton for the last Bank Holiday weekend and I wanted to let everyone know as well as the Hotel owner that we had a fabulous time at the New Steine.

While surfing the net I stumbled upon the New Steine website and was pleasently suprised that such a reasonnably priced hotel looked so stylish and comfortable. It was with great anticipation that my husband and I turned up at the Hotel on the Friday. From the minute we past the door the staff could not have been more attentive as well as freindly and just charming.

The location was perfect, just off the sea front, with-in 5-10 minutes walking distance from the lanes(which is always a bonus for us ladies, as we do like our shopping!!) and surrounded by a fantastic variety of restaurants.

Our room was beautifully decorated, comfortable (Great Beds!!) and just the perfect size for the 2 of us. Breakfast which was included in the price of the room was just devine,a full sussex english breakfast like I have never had and served in such a lovely french bistro style setting.

I just wanted to thank all the team at the New Steine for making our stay so special. We travel quite a bit and I must say that it is just such a pleasure when you get to stay in an establishment of such standards and to find that not just one person in the team is professional and charming but the entire team is of that grade.

I wish all a great succes and hope that this review wi;ll convince all to come and stay at the New Steine Hotel in Brighton.

Sincerely

Lara McCormick

Paper thin walls

by TripAdvisor Member Datco2008

We arrived at the hotel on Sunday 27th April, the hotel advertised the room we booked as a deluxe room and the blurb said it was a peaceful and quiet oasis.

The room was quite nicely furnished and the satff pleasant enough - however in my opinion a room classed as deluxe should possess a bath not a poky dirty shower.

Our main gripe however - was the rooms walls - we were in room 204 and obviously it had been made smaller so a single room could be constructed next door. That evening near midnight the occupant of the room next door came back from a night out, and without her being loud we could hear every single word she said through the paper thin walls as she discussed her night out with a male friend.

We heard every word as she became distressed at her lack of success with men - this went on for hours.

Reception advised there were no other rooms we could move to.

The walls are the thinnest we have ever experienced and in no way was our stay quiet and peaceful.

Perfect location!!

by TripAdvisor Member Frangipani_83

Hotel is in a fantastic location just off the main road that runs along the ocean at Brighton. Easy walk to Brighton Pier (2/3 mins) and great location for restaurants/pubs! Breakfast was lovely, room was large with a comfy bed, clean and modern. Great stay for a few nights!

Smallest bathroom ever seen!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Nutmeg75

If all you are looking for is friendly welcome and nice location this hotel is for you. However, if you like clean unstained carpets, a good size bathroom, proper room service and not to be woken up before 08.30am this hotel is not for you. After reading their website I booked a deluxe ensuite. I didn't realise that deluxe really meant paying extra for your own toilet. Beware not all rooms are ensuite. Our bathroom - the size of a cupboard. No really. It was dark and very very tiny. No bath, tiny useless shower and when I sat on the toilet my legs smashed into the sink! (I am 5ft 6in). Although I booked a delux double what I got was a crowded small room with 2 beds - one single and one small double.
Very disappointed. But still love Brighton. Next time I will pay that little extra and stay at the The Grand.

Superb location, friendly staff, comfortable surroundings...

by TripAdvisor Member Glasnevin_tourist

I stayed there with my partner over the May Bank Holiday weekend. Absolutely fantastic choice. Very well located within a short stroll of the Pier and the city itself. I didn't use the hotel restaurant because there was so much choice within a stroll but I imagine the food in the hotel would be good (if the breakfast was anything to go by - excellent choice, well presented and tasty). The staff are friendly and able to advise on what's on in the area. The rooms are compact (the hotel spans over two old restored houses) but they are well appointed and have all mod cons including wireless internet. I'm hard pressed to find a fault - i suppose the paking is the only negative (disc parking outside but because it's such a popular location finding a spot can mean circling about). In summary definitely a spot I'll be visiting again.

Great Hotel, Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member lastofsheila

Stayed here last weekend for 4 days - great hotel, great location very near to the pier - staff are very helpful, rooms very clean and tidy - would definetely stay here again and definetely recommend it to others.

Perfect Stop for a Weekend!

by TripAdvisor Member suguisugui

15 minutes walking from the train station and 2 min to the sea, this friendly, little hotel makes a weekend in Brighton one of the loveliest getaway experiences inside the UK. Welcoming staff, cozy rooms, close to amenirties and excellent breakfast!! You couldn't ask for more on this side of the world! :)

Brighton PierBrighton Pier

BRIGHTON'S BORGBRIGHTON'S BORG

One-arm bandits - money at the ready!One-arm bandits - money at the ready!

Royal PavilionRoyal Pavilion