18/19 Charlotte Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 1AG, United Kingdom

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Rated 19% higher but also costs 57% more than other 2 star hotels

• dinsdale23's Profile Photo

Brighton's brightest guest house

My friend stayed here on a recent visit to Brighton. Although the rooms were quite small the communal dining room was a real treat. The owners clearly have a passion for all thing art deco and they have assembled an impressive collection of furniture, cutlery and ornaments. The breakfeast was equally good. A choice of hen or ducks eggs, several types of toast, good juice and cereal selection. The price is really good, it's in a nice part of town and i would definately recommend it to my friends.

More about Paskins Town House

A real gem

by TripAdvisor Member Rest-seeking mummy!

Bizarrely, our night at Paskins was the consequence of winning a prize draw which the hotel had generously entered. I admit to being slightly nervous as to how we would be met when we actually turned up and claimed a prize which, on the face of it, appeared to be too good to be true. As soon as we received our warm welcome and the key to a very charming and comfortable room, I realised how unfounded my fears had been.

The place was spotless and beautifully decorated. Our four-poster bed (a lovely suprise) was incredibly comfortable and I slept like a baby (instead of being woken BY a baby, whom we had happily left elsewhere). When we woke up in the morning we thought how lucky we had been - what a lovely stay we'd had. Little did we realise that the best was yet to come...

Others have already sung the praises of the quite magnificent breakfast experience offered by Paskins. In short, it's all your hotel breakfast fantasies come true: the choice; the fresh, organic ingredients; the service; the originality of the dishes; the decor and atmosphere of the room; the daily papers for your convenience. None of this is overstating a really superb start to the day.

If you're planning to visit Brighton (or even if you're not), your trip will only be enhanced by a stay at this friendly, charming, clean and character establishment (did I mention it's a one-minute walk to the beach?)

Great place to stay!

Excellent! From the moment that we checked in the staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. The room in which we stayed was a treat (Audrey Hepburn fans will love room 16!) and the breakfasts were the perfect start to the day.
The location of Paskins is good for taking a stroll along the seafront and also to get into town. Noise was not a problem and the parking, although difficult to find late at night when we arrived, was easy to find outside the hotel the next morning.
I would recommend Paskins without hesitation.

Excellent Weekend, Great Accommodation

We visited Brighton on weekend 5th Aug and all in all an excellent weekend. Paskins Town House provided a great base. Rooms are stylish, clean and tidy and the bed was lovely and comfortable. We were on the top floor with a nice view of the sea to the right. The breakfast was fab and cooked fresh for you every morning. Ideal location only 10 min stroll from Brighton Pier. Would definately stay here again and would recommend to anyone visiting Brighton. If I had to pick fault the only thing would be the 6 flights of steep stairs to the room on the top floor............not really a problem tho.....helped us work off those fish and chips :0)

Oh so very impressed!

Excellent room (we had the four poster! - its huge!) fantastic personal, but professional service, champagne (as requested) deilvered to our room for when we were back from dinner in the town, wonderful breakfast - mushrooms and scrambled eggs on toast were perfect. Felt very chuffed and pleased with ourselves that we had found this little gem.
Only one small critism - the bathroom decor was dissapointing for a listed building - but the shower was great!

One to remember and recommend to friends.

Super weekend!

by TripAdvisor Member lovedprague

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at Paskins this weekend and absolutely loved it!
Our room was right at the top of the building in a gorgeous room overlooking the street. It had a lovely window seat in the bay window which was great to sit and just look at the world go past below.
The room was clean and tidy and had lots of character, the hotel as a whole was quirky but in a totally unpretentious way. The icing on the cake was the breakfast! we stayed for two nights so had two breakfasts, both were perfect. You are given a menu and get to pick the breakfast you want, plus visit the buffet table for a light option of yoghurt, cereal or juice. The cooked breakfast was absolutely delicious!
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!
The only drawback was the parking, because we arrived late on a friday night, parking was non existent, but this isnt a fault of the hotel by any regard.

Tiny room, great hosts

by TripAdvisor Member travellerJack

It's hard to rate the Paskins: I'd give the room 1-2 stars, the breakfast 5 and the hosts 5. So an average of 3.

I spent three night here on January 2006. I had room 3, a tiny shoebox. The closet was too small to fit my carry-on in. The (single) bed left just enough space for one to pass to the bathroon. The desk was the size of four books, and to sit to it one would have to move the bed. The bathroom was proportionally small. The sink is the horrible English type two-faucet thing.

The room was spotless clean, albeit old and sometimes shabby. Towels and linen were replaced daily. Heating worked.

Breakfast is another story. You select from the menu (see website) AND have access to the buffet. Good coffee, great Full Vegetarian (as well as Full English for those who need it), magnificent yoghurt & cereals & jams etc., several kinds of juice. A great start for the day.

The hosts are wonderful. Every wish was fulfilled immediately. They made phone calls for me, arranged taxis, provided information about the area etc.

Wireless interenet is available with no charge.

Cosy and convenient...

by TripAdvisor Member luofei

I stayed at Paskins with my boyfriend last weekend, and found it to be a nice, cosy B&B with superb breakfasts. The room was nothing special, but was clean and reasonably spacious. The bed was comfortable and heating adequate (it was a freezing cold weekend). This is an ideal option for a base while exploring Brighton. Nothnig glamorous but the hosts are very helpful and the vegetarian breakfasts really delicious. I've stayed in hotels in Brighton in the past, but they're predominantly shabby and over-priced. If you want a reasonably priced B&B this is definitely one of the ones worth staying in.

Uncomfortable and noisy

I really don't understand the rave reviews here. Sure, the staff seemed nice, and the breakfast was pretty good, though nothing to write home about. But the owners of Paskins need to understand the difference between "shabby chic" and just plain shabby.

We paid a bit extra for the room with the four-poster bed, only to find that it was ridiculously wobbly and creaked every time we moved - which was quite a bit, as we tried desperately to get comfortable in a bed so squishy that we woke up with backaches. There was a rock-hard futon in the room as well, which served as a very uncomfortable small sofa (with slats missing from the frame). Of the six bed pillows in the room, four were matted down and about two inches thick, while the others were only slightly better. The water pressure in the shower was so low that we didn't even bother. We understand the special character of a renovated historic building, but that didn't help much when we could hear everything that went on above, next to, and outside our room (both within the building and outside).

Frankly, a lot of the little quirks and disappointments would have been forgivable, but Paskins failed at the #1 job of any accomodation: guest comfort. Brighton has plenty of lodging options available, and if I wanted a bad night's sleep on an uncomfortable bed and a useless shower - in the off-season, no less - I could have done it for a lot less than what Paskins charges.

Had a lovely stay

by TripAdvisor Member DonnaRock

We had a lovely stay at Paskins. The staff are very polite, very helpful and make the most amazing coffee. The breakfasts were excellent, plentiful and extremely tasty.

Comments