Quality Hotel Brighton

Travelocity Otel.com Hotelsclick.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Worth it if you get a bargain!!

Just had a two night stay here (thanks to DAO for finding us a great deal on the price). This chain hotel has everything you need for a weekend stay in Brighton but could do with a little decorating. My room was adequate but the bathroom a little on the small side with evidence that some sort of damp had created problems leading to some peeling wallpaper. However, it was clean and had the usual bathroom trimmings and a hospitality drawer with tea/coffee making facilities. The hotel has conference facilities, restaurant and bar.

Unique Quality: Be wary of front-facing rooms on lower floors - these can be a little on the noisy side so if you're a light sleeper, be sure to ask for a room at the rear of the hotel on a higher floor.

This hotel's rack rate (standard tariff) would be way beyond economical but DAO found us a great deal at £28 per room per night. The rate I have quoted below is standard rack rate - do your research and get this at one of the bargain basement prices and its certainly well worth it; pay rack rate and you will be truly disappointed.

Directions: Turn up West Street from the sea front and its just over a block back from the sea. Easy access to shops, clubs, bars and resturants in the area.

• a5floor's Profile Photo

The third hotel I stayed in.

The Quality hotel is at one of the main roads of Brighton (West Street).
    The room was ok, but the bed was not so good. I felt the frame of the matras (which was not so comfortable).

Faxnumber: +44-(0)1273-778000.
    Email: enquiries@hotels-brighton.com

More about Quality Hotel Brighton

Camcorder stolen from hotel room

by TripAdvisor Member TurkishGroove

We booked the Quality Hotel in Brighton for a weekend in January. Parking was a nightmare, arriving on a Saturday afternoon, we had to queue at NCP car park which took over 45 mins before we could even enter the hotel! Reception seemed ok. Room very small, basic and tatty (e.g. hole in wall covered up by square of wallpaper stuck over it!)The bath was tiny, only big enough for a child. The hotel was full of stag and hen parties which seemed to dominate. The two lifts took so long to arrive we had to use the stairs on every occasion. We went out on the Sat night to the cinema and was only out for 3 hours. The next morning we noticed our camcorder was missing and also an empty carrier bag. The police were called but never heard anything and on arriving home we discovered the household insurance didnt cover it making a cheap night away costing us more like a fortnight in Tenerife! We were gutted and a little suspicious of the stag party in the next room and the fact that our door didnt lock very well. The noise on Sat night went on til very very late and the breakfast was ruined by an adjoining party of 'young men' sporting baseball caps and with mobile phones going off, at which everyone in restaurant was treated to the loud conversation about who was being sick and who sh***ged who the night before. I walked out before I had finished.

Needless to say we wont be making a return visit.

Yikes! Not much Quality.

by TripAdvisor Member NYCTravelers

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one Saturday night and could not believe how chaotic it was. Apparently it is thee place to stay for hen and stag parties, so you see a lot of young, drunk guys and girls wandering around all hours- day and night! I actually saw one girl puke all over the table at the adjoining bar where we went to get a drink, and her friends just laughed at her and left her there alone. Also, the hotel goes into 'lockdown' mode after 1am, so no outside friends are allowed back to your room after that time. There's a security guard at the door and he only allows two people per key. This was a problem for us as we wanted to invite a couple of friends back to our room after the bars had closed. Boy was this a fiasco, we ended up having quite an argument with the night manager and the guard, and they never let us bring them in even though we were the most sober people in the lobby and there were drunk, loud people staggering all around us! So I guess you could say this place takes proper safety precautions as long as you're not looking to have any visitors to your room!

The rooms themselves were ok, the bathroom was nice and clean but our heater was broken so I had to pull the covers up over my head, and the blanket was not clean! It had hair from various past guests on it which I personally find very disgusting.

Overall I would never stay at this place again, instead, there's another place nearby, but away from the clubs, called the Premier Lodge Brighton, on North Street, which has good rates and looked much, much better. Unfortunately it was booked when I tried to get a room there, so we ended up staying at the "Quality" Inn.

An absolute disgrace, will ruin a break away.

by TripAdvisor Member Charliebird

Checked in to 3 rooms before we got the room we paid for, a clean twin room.
Bathroom not cleaned by housekeeping. Bath big enough for a small child. Hair drier did not work, lamp shade above bed fell on my head! Toilet roll holder fell off the wall. Bathroom bin was broken. Shower head leaked in every direction. Fire alarm constantly ringing. TV did not work. Room key was de-activated after our first night. No light outside the lift on 5th floor, very dark returning in the evening. One lift broken for whole visit. Our paper was not delivered..... etc etc....

Average hotel for the money

I think this hotel is very overpriced, but i went on a last minute weekend away with a friend so it was kind of a stay there or nowhere!
The hotel doesnt have parking so u have to use the large ncp multi story round the corner, then lug you luggage to the hotel! nightmare..
When we got to reception we were told we had to have photo id, i dont have a driving liscence or anything so was lucky my mate has her driving liscence or we would have been turned away! even tho they had my credit card details! this is really something they should tell ubefore u arrive!

we were directed to our room via the lift which worked fine, the room was clean, tidy and of a good standard. the view out of the window was horrible just looked out onto grubby buildings out the back but hey no major deal.

The beds were comfortable, hot water, nice shower. the first morning we didnt go down for breakfast cos we slept in late (hangover).

The next evening we realised our hair drier didnt work it kept cutting out and over heating after 2 mins, so we rang reception and they said they would be right up with a replacment! 20 mins later.. nothing! so we called again a different person had noooo idea what i was talkin about! he said he would be right up! after another 30 mins someone finally came up, and our hair was already dry! ridiculous!!
we ordered room service that evening and it was VERY overpriced and took ages to come up!

we went down to breakfast before we left, theres a big buffet to choose from, mostly cold and it was so busy we barely got a seat.

check out was a massive queue took us 40 mins to get out.

overall an average stay but as i said before very overpriced

Quality Hotel- an oxymoron

Quality in the name does not infer whether this is good or bad quality. Stayed at this hotel whilst attending a conference last weekend - unfortunately left it too late to book the Hilton which was staging the conference and which incidently had excellent facilities. Not over optimistic at the prospect of staying here as I'd previously experienced the Kensington facility (understaffed, poor service, generally badly managed). On the plus side the Brighton Hotel was central to all local facilities (including a very noisy nightclub on the opposite side of the road). The cost was expensive £140 for a twin non-smoking "executive room" that was not far removed from a travel lodge and had a strong smell of smoke - breakfast was not included £11 per head extra( we ate breakfast at the excellent Regency Restaurant around the corner).
Reception was chaotic on arrival - understaffed, only one lift was working ( we were on the seventh floor and it took at least ten minutes to get from reception to our room with our luggage. On one occasion it took almost 20 minutes to retrieve our room key from reception . The hairdryer did not work throughout our 3 day stay and no alternative was available from reception. I would conclude by saying that the hotel lived up to expectations.

Poor Reception and Departure

by TripAdvisor Member 2VIP

I stayed at the Brighton Quality Hotel in April with a friend, so persuaded 3 other friends to join me in June. What a disappointment! We were kept waiting an inordinate period of time at reception and informed we would have to wait until 3.00pm to check-in, despite us having an email confirmation giving an arrival time of 2.00pm! As it was pouring with rain, I finally persuaded check-in staff and they managed to find two double executive rooms which were available. This should have been done at first, before my friend was turned away.Why do you have to become annoyed before being offered the service you have paid for? On checking out, it took about 30 mins and then we were charged £1.00 per bag to be left at reception, so that we could go into the Town Centre! My friends were horrified! We have never been charged by a hotel despite travelling extensively both in the UK and abroad. We wrote to the hotel and the Head of Housekeeping did not directly address our concerns. So, we have decided to stay somewhere else next time!

'Executive Siute' my foot!

Having had to conduct some buisiness in Brighton I looked around on the internet for a decent hotel in West Sussex. The website is an unfaithful description of the hotel. It was like asking for a horse and getting a donkey!

We are usually a bit choosey in accomodation. We usually go for the good places but the location and description had us hooked. We decided to stay for two nights to have some time to look around after we concluded our business there. So we went for their "EXECUTIVE ROOM" ( I saw another preview on this site for this "EXECUTIVE ROOM")

Breakfast was satisfactorily good, though nothing so special. One of the lifts was broken down. (still is- read a preview from some poor devil who`s been there in June) The other one broke down later in the day and we had to make it up to the fifth floor via the emergency exit stairs. Not good for your heart! It is quite a strenious excercise I can tell you!

Not much decent restaurants around, We looked around for one for around an hour. Only fish with batter, chips and that unhealthy stuff in sight. We decided to eat at The Henry J Beans outlet which was run by the hotel. (we have a decent one in Malta- fairly good food) The quality of food and service at this restaurant left much to be desired.

We ordered a starter to share and two main courses.
We were served all three dishes altogether. The full rack of ribs consisted of separated ribs which did not taste too good and not cooked so well either I ruined a dental filling over them.

Having checked in around 4-5 a.m. we were very tired and decided to retire early and relax in the room watching some TV. The brochure in the room boasted a selection of films. It was a bit cold and my wife suggested switching on the heater to warm up the room. It would not work. It had no thermostat knob or was broken.

TV ?? impossible to watch ! - no picture ! Investigated--- and the set had no aerial cable connecting it to the wall socket. T

he bed spread was just pulled over the slept-in bed. This was their executive suite...

Did not know the Hilton or the Thistle was very near as I would have gone for either.

I did not have time to bring this matter up with the hotel but I did register my disappointment with the management. I received a reply telling me that the manager was on holiday and would be back on July 4. Today is the 16th July and I sent them a reminder as well..... I am still waiting!

I let them know that I shared my experience with the readers of the Times of Malta...... still this has not moved them.....

(---)

Tonio & Josette Bugeja
Santa Venera, MALTA.

Very Surprised

I stayed at The Quality for my Hen weekend from July 15-17. It was an experience and a half when checking in. There was a queue going out the door! It was a very hot day and everyone wanted to get checked in as soon as possible i had 12 ladies to book in and i found even though the hotel was extremely busy the reception staff did the best they could, however there could have been more staff on duty for times like this. There was one couple, the male in particular who got very verbal, when he realised that he would have to wait like everyone else. He obviously thought he had priority! The rooms were ok even if they were a little small, one of the rooms did smell a bit damp! One of the lifts were broken, which took forever to arrive. Just as well we were all on the 2nd floor, we decided to take the stairs, it was much quicker and much needed excerise too!
It was basic and i didn't really expect too much really. I'm by no means a snob, i do enjoy my comforts. This hotel is in a great location and did exactly what it said on the tin! i was dreading it after all the reviews i had read, but after staying there i do feel that some people are only happy when they are moaning about things!
There is nothing terribly wrong with this hotel. If i were to arrange a group weekend away then this is just the place to stay.
I was impressed with the night staff on the door, you weren't allowed in unless you stated your name and they "ticked" you off their list, this gave a good impression.
The breakfast was good-just what you needed after a good night out! I went up for seconds too!
A couple of the girls had room service, which was an experience, but all good i have to say.
We left our cases at reception for the day and i was more than happy to pay a £1, than to drag my case around in the searing heat along the beach!
We were told by the staff the money goes to a different charity each time.
Overall this hotel was fine for what we needed. If you are used to staying in 4 to 5 star hotels then i suggest that you continue to stay in them, because otherwise you will be disappointed! give the staff a break and just enjoy your stay! Afterall you're on HOLIDAY!!!!!

Comments