1 - 5 Kings Rd, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1NS, United Kingdom

Official Site Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 79% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• FAMILY STAY

Stayed here mid-week for our daughter's graduation , the mid-week price was reasonable for high season Brighton the weekend FRiday Saturday prices escalate due to the London weekenders effect and I would think twice before paying that price.

Other visitors note the noise , this entirely depends upon which room you stay in , situated next to a night-club etc clearly the nearer rooms will get the full effect . Our room was probably mid range in the noise effect but we had no trouble in sleeping .I would have no hesitation in asking to be moved if it bothered me though at weekends there probably would not be any spare rooms available.

THe hotel is on the sea-front and ideally situated for all the main Brighton attractions.

The gym , spa and swimming pool are a bonus and well worth using .

The breakfast was adequate .

The hotel has soem interesting period features and has worn quite well with character .

The staff were pleasant and helpful.

I would stay here again mid-week but would avoid the weekend prices !

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Queens Hotel

This is another nice hotel I just notice while hanging around here, it is also by the sea and near the Hilton, but I do not know if they have sauna here ;-)

More about Queens Hotel

Too much for too little

Great location, but hotel let down badly by condition of all facilities. We stayed one night 4th June 2004. At telephone booking receptionist failed to mention the full height scaffolding and the structural repairs underway, very poor. The rooms were clean, but very worn - windows propped open with pieces of wood. Great view, shame about the netting. Television remote did not work, and 4 channels only, despite what it says on website. Leisure club dirty and smelly. Pool not clean, children's eyes went red as soon as they got in. Breakfast good, but overall hotel was grossly overpriced for level of facilities provided. We picked it because it offered family room - and expected a bit more for £200!

A great view

I booked a late deal online for the Queens Hotel and was pleasantly surprised when we walked into our large room with a fantastic sea side view.

The location was so convenient to a "tourist" in Brighton, everything was on our doorstep.

Thank you Queens Hotel for a great weekend!

DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

I was amazed at the previous reviews of this hotel, because when I arrived there on 27th July, I was absolutely disgusted by the state of the Queens Hotel. We had been advised at the time of booking of "...some renovations work...and scaffolding..." going on at the hotel, but was assured that this should not cause any disruption, nor spoil our stay, and at the rate of £190 for a family room, one would hope not! I had also read some previous reviews on this site, and assumed that if other people had not complained, then it would be ok. How wrong I was!

My heart absolutely sank at the sight that greeted us when we arrived at the Seafront (bearing in mind we had booked accomodation for my partners son as well). Practically the entire hotel was covered from top to toe in ugly scaffolding, and green netting and was undergoing, what appeared to be a TOTAL renovation. On closer inspection, the hotel appeared to be falling down (and probably would have done in a strong wind) - all paint surfaces were peeling, there were cracks in most outside walls and it was basically a building site.

I didn't hold out much hope of an improved view by going inside, and was not surprised by a stark, cold and unwelcoming reception area that looked best suited in a doctor's waiting room. None of the rooms downstairs were particularly welcoming and (having stayed in some very nice hotels around the world and some very reasonably priced B&Bs and still been comfortable, I was prepared to have an open mind!)

Luckily, I was able to view my room before checking in and had never walked down more dark, depressing or ugly hotel corridors. I didn't really need to go much further, but chanced a look at the room and was greeted by a bare-chested builder on the outside scaffolding through the dust covered windows! I don't know who was more surprised...! The room was dreadful with damp patches as far as the eye could see and furniture that had obviously been rejected at a car boot sale (albeit that the bedding looked clean) and the "..seaview..." was only best enjoyed on the OTHER side of the scaffolding. One endearing feature was the modern (and recently refurbished bathroom, that we would have had to have all slept in to be assured of some comfort).

I walked straight out, rather dejected and had no hesitation in cancelling the booking and (luckily) being able to check in to the Thistle Hotel next door (and for a more reasonable price of £182 - with no building works or near-naked builders!). My recommendation would be DONT stay at this hotel, for any price until they have completely finished whatever it is they are doing with this building - in fact I am sure there are health and safety regulations that would require this hotel to be shut until all works are completed - I couldn't believe people were checking in in front of me - your money would be best spent on alternative (and more comfortable) accomodation (i.e., a tent on the pebble beach) - unless the Queens decides to rent out rooms during this period for a more reasonable B&B price of around £50 a night per room, plus breakfast and Anadin included! At least the head of reception was very friendly and seemed to understand my concern, and my booking was cancelled without question, and with the Thistle having plenty of rooms (with fantastic seaviews) the holiday was not ruined - although such a stressful beginning was not welcome.

Don't believe the other reviews - Not worth the money

by TripAdvisor Member SBandSG

OK so hotels in Brighton are a bit expensive at the weekend, (you are better off camping or staying awake all night), but the price of this one was totally out of line with the quality of the hotel. £140 for a bog standard room! The hotel is nothing like the Expedia pictures, believe me.
First the hotel was covered in scaffolding, then we couldn't check in until 3pm, (and had to check out by 11am), and had to leave our luggage in an unsecure room. When we got our room someone else had obviously already rejected it, the receptionist gave us some spurious story. Light coverings were broken, the lino in the bathroom was 'bubbled' the furnishings were the colour of sick and around the windows was grubby. The curtains barely covered the window. There was no fan or air con and it was really, really noisy if you opened the window. The suspiciously clunky lifts could only carry 4 people at once, and the stairs to the leisure facilities closed. There was, of course, absolutely no parking. The leisure facilities closed at 8 and the ladies changing room stank of, well wee really! No towels were provided and the pool was tiny.

On the plus side, The bar was ok and overlooked the sea, it was airy & spacious but very short on staff. Didn't try the food at all so can't comment on that. 24 hour recepton was useful and it is well situated right on the sea front not far away from the Lanes.

The hotel was fine

The hotel was fine. I paid £60 for B&B on a Friday night in Mid August (which is an amazing rate considering that mose cheap B&B's wanted £80 a night and a minimum of a two night stay).

The outside was covered in scaffolding and the public areas a bit tired. But the room was newly refurbished, exceptionally clean and the bed extremely comfortable and the facilities were excellent considering th price.

The staff were all very friendly (which is unusual in most city hotels) and the breakfast good.

As for the person complaining that the TV had only four channels - get a grip! Most of the UK only has four channels (and those that have channel 5 and cable - is it worth it?!?!)

Not bad apart from the wind

We were a bit worried about the scaffolding around the hotel when we first arrived and thought that any building work could be carried out during the close season, all depending on how urgent the work was.

We parked in the nearby lanes car park at a cost of £15 pounds per day cos the hotel does not have its own parking, the hotel staff were very good and helpful.

When we got to our room there was a whistling sound coming from the windows even though they were all shut but thought we would see how things were at night, well that night was like trying to sleep on the deck of one of the local fishing boats, the noise of the wind was unbelievable, so at 3 am we phoned reception and asked to move rooms which they duely obliged.

The next morning the staff were very apologetic, but i noticed that later on that day they re-let the room. The next room though was fine apart from the awful victorian furniture. but hey you only sleep there.

Don't let this put you off of brighton though it s fantastic there, give it a go.

This hotel is probably the worst I have used in my life. I have travelled worldwide and this one really stands out as the worst money can buy. Horrible furniture, bad taste, building work etc etc. Why go on?

speach less excellent time really want to come again!

Like oh my god! like you should all go to brighton. Especially in a sunny day! all the hot guys and everything!
When I arrived at the hotel I was a bit worried. I've never been to England before and I thought everybody was going to be snobby but not at all. The receptionists were all so friendly and the porters were all so nice carrying my luggage to my room without even me having to ask them. Felt like a Queen. The hotel had a little bit of scaffolding but they said that hopefully it will be down within 3 weeks. My room had no scaffolding-and dude the rooms were so modern and like so comfortable! Had a cool time with my boyfriend. The best time was watching the sunset from your room!
A advice for all of you it's cheaper booking rooms with the hotel than with the internet in the weekends! internet takes 10% commision so they make it more expensive!! honestly!
Breakfast was really good, it was continental breakfast and had a huge variety of things to eat. English Breafast is an extra charge which was a bummer cause i had a craving for one. The fat guy next to me had 2!

Comments