Ramada Jarvis Brighton

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Rated 14% higher but also costs 60% more than other 3 star hotels

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Ramada

The Ramada Hotel is just like the Hilton by the sea where you can have a great view and be close to all what happening in this city.

• One of the best hotels in brighton

The Ramada Brighton provided a very pleasant stay - the rooms, the food and the staff were all first class.

Unique Quality: Great views, unique character

Directions: The Ramada Jarvis on Kings Road is right along the Brighton seafront.

More about Ramada Jarvis Brighton

Would not visit again

Me and my partner visited ramada jarvis Brighton for 3 nights in June 2006, we were stuck at the end of a rabbit run on 1st floor, all floor was being refurbished (we were never advised of this). We were woken every day at 7.30 to hear the sound of drilling and banging outside our door, When I politely asked builder to work outside somebody elses room as it was 7.30 and we were on holiday I got told to p*** off. Tried complaining but nobody wanted to know.
Do not stay there, overpriced and you would bet better treat at a backstreet B&B..

Terrible, but give it six months!

by TripAdvisor Member Briercliffe

Where to start.....!?

To get over the bitter disappointment of a last minute cancelled long weekend to Madrid (Thanks, French Air Traffic Control) my partner, myself plus two friends decided to visit Brighton instead.

Trying to find decent hotel accomodation in Brighton on the afternoon of the day you want to arrive, for four people, for 3 nights was tricky. After trying a number of other 'known' hotel chains, we decided to book the Ramada Jarvis. At the time of booking the Central Reservations clerk did warn us that the hotel was undergoing some building works, but only between the hours of 8-4, Monday - Friday (we were arriving on the Thursday evening, so would not be too affected by this).

The hotel is very, very tired. It hasn't been refurbished for at least 20 years, and is in need of a great deal of investment.

The exterior of the building is in dire need of redecoration and repair. The reception and all public areas are very dated and tatty, but the worst areas of all are the bedrooms.

Once we had finally worked out the way to our room (a map would be useful when you first arrive, to navigate your away around the corridors and staircases) we realised that we had been given a room in the middle of a building site. Our room was at the end of a corridor where all the rooms off were being gutted and refurbished. The corridor carpet was very dirty with builders debris, and the whole area was in disarray. To 'rub salt in' we had walked past a number of refurbished rooms that were pretty much complete, and the doors propped open - they looked wonderful (clean, modern and fresh)

Our room was very tired. Dirty, tatty curtains, worn and frayed carpet, furniture where the veneer was peeling/ worn, a bathroom where the tiles were mismatched and grout missing and a yellowed toilet/ seat! The only new component were the new sliding external doors.

We were awoken at 7.15am on the friday by the builders arriving noisily, and setting up site for the day. At 7.30am the fire alarm was set off and we all had to assemble in the car-park (in the freezing cold). Afterwards we couldn't get back off to sleep for the amount of noise and shouting from the builders, so decided to get up.

Things looked up when i asked the helpful receptionist and (i think) duty manager if both us and our friends could swap to one of the new rooms for the remainder of our stay. We were shown two lovely new rooms and the maids swapped our luggage that day. Apart from the shower temperature being 'warm' and the radiator not working, the rooms are 100% better than the original rooms we had been given, and certainly improved our stay.

One other consideration... the Ramada, being three star, seemed to attract Hen parties and groups of kids the weekend we were staying. Whilst normally OK, we were woken at 2.30am on the Sunday morning by a party in a room across the courtyard from ours, where the ignorant idiots were smoking, drinking and singing very loudly.

I would never want to stay there again!!

Faulty Towers - Do Not Stay at this Hotel

I had read the reviews on this site and thought that it can be that bad. Well it was not 'that bad' it was worse than you could imagine. The room was small, in poor conditon, no heating, paint coming off the walls, a bath that did not drain etc. The staff, well they were poorly dressed, didnt smile and one confessed that the hotel was falling apart.

We had order the bubbly. Having travelled down from London after work, we were looking forward to some pampering. The flowers were nice, the fruit was rotting and the bubbly was warm. Apparently the manager had put the bubbly in the room at 2pm, and we were not due until 9pm!

Breakfast was an experience. Never have I seen slices of bread under the eggs and bacon. Cant think why they do that. Apparently there is a war on, the tea was rationed to one cup person.

In the Bar the drinks were over priced.

Its a shame. The hotel could be something really nice. I think it needs some care and attention.

But for now, I will not be stay at the hotel again.

Good Hotel

I have recently returned from a weekend staying at this hotel and really enjoyed it. I would reccommend staying at this hotel to anyone. Before I went I had read the reviews which had made me a little worried about staying at the Ramada but I have to say I found it to be really lovely.
The room was clean and fresh, the bed comfy and location was really good as we were within walking distance of the Lanes, Pier and the Pavilion. The breakfast was really tasty and fresh and staff helpful. Give it a try !! :-)

not bad!!!

by TripAdvisor Member biggirl69

Not off too a good start when couple in front of us checking in were told room not ready at 2pm? But our room was ready. A little on small side(it was a double)but clean. Hotel was with in walking distance of city, night life & shops. Enjoyed weeknd. Would I choose this hotel again? Wouldn't say no but also would not go out of my way to book this hotel in particular? overall OK nothing special.

Terrible!

by TripAdvisor Member pyorks

I have stayed at other Ramada's and have been reasonably happy - this one is terrible. Firstly it was dirty - the windows in the restaurant were filthy, the blinds were covered in dust. My meal in the restuarant was over priced and beared no resemblance to what I received. Paint was peeling off the walls, the corridors to the bedroom were disgusting and needed a good lick of paint. The bedroom was ok - reasonably good sized but felt dated and again dirty. The showeroom was tiny - I really struggled to get in the shower (I'm not that big!). The staff were more focused on planning a night out and the level of customer service was not good. THe highlight of my stay was a full fire drill evacuation at 4.30am - we all waited outside for 20 minutes without any communication from the staff. I ordered a morning call that didn't happen - I called reception and was told that the system wasn't working. Not impressed.

Clean Spacious Room

5 girls stayed in the hotel for a hen weekend. We arrived on Friday at 5pm, and were pleasantly surprised to find space to park in the hotel (at £7 a night).
We stayed in a twin room (2 single beds) and a triple room (double and 2 twins). The hotel is in a period of renovation, which is made clear on every website. The twin room was in the older part - it was quite tired but it was clean. The triple room was in the recently refurbished part and was very large - although there was no storage facilities, safe or mini bar in the room. The beds were comfortable and bathroom was good. The room was very hot despite the windows being open. However we requested fans from reception and were given two which helped. In additon we also asked for an ice bucket and wine glasses for the room which were provided.
We paid £48 per person per night and breakfast was not included. Continental breakfast was an additional £11.95 which is overpriced and there are plenty of places in Brighton to eat which are less expensive.
The hotel is on the sea front, slightly far away from the main town and pier but I didn't find this an issue.
Check in and check out took an enormous amount of time as I do not think the reception is adequately staffed. When you enter the hotel, the reception area is a smoking area and I do not think this gives the best impression of the hotel. Furthermore, it is not pleasant to walk through such a smokey environment when you enter and leave the hotel.
A word of warning - with no safe in the room, take care of your valuables.

Still shabby

Scruffy, cramped and grossly stuffy in hot weather. The staff varied from totally disinterested to rude and arrogant. Although we were given a refurbished room, it was extremely small and still managed to be shabby. Corridors still sported 1970's grotty carpets and flaking plaster dropped from damp spots on ceilings. And it didn't help that the workmen moved in on Monday morning to rip them all up while we were still staying there! Wise up Ramada, being located on the famous seafront of Brighton gives you no excuse to be so utterly second rate. Next time we'll book a B&B, save a fortune and not have to put up with staff that don't give a hoot where their wages come from. By the way, I'm the lady who had the row with the waiter who decided to tell me in front of all the guests, that I was 3 minutes late for breakfast, "just to make a point!" We still got breakfast, he just wanted to humiliate me. Let's face if folks, we weren't expecting a 1950's boarding school matron attitude from a 20 something waiter! Try spending some of your profits on some decent training in customer care.

Comments