Royal Pavillion Townhouse Hotel

The Royal Pavilion Townhouse Hotel
Travelocity Tingo.com AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Average

• Maidstoneman's Profile Photo

Interior decor to die for.

Small guesthouse on Regency Square, near the ruins of the west pier.
    Whole place a riot of colour and each room differently themed.
    We had the Chambre de Louis.

Hotel backs onto an Italian restaurant, connected by a door.

No parking, but pay car park outside.

Unique Quality: Decor.
    Small and cosy.

Directions: Regency Square.
    walking distance to everywhere but not exactly central.

More about Royal Pavillion Townhouse Hotel

no other place like it

Me and my partner stayed in the the hotel for 3 nights while i was on business in brighton. we had a very warm welcome when we arrived. the room was amazing four poster bed. the jacuzzi was fantastic. we also tried the italian restaurant leone d'oro the food was fantastic and the staff were very polite and helpfull even when the restaurant was very busy overall the stay at the hotel was the best i've ever experienced in my 20yrs of travling the country on business and staying in many hotels

Had a great time...

This is a really friendly and very different hotel. We stayed in the Beijing Dragon room which was tastefully decorated and well appointed.

If we come to Brighton again we will be sure to stay there.

Lovely Little Place

by TripAdvisor Member nicgooner

Just got back from the hotel after having my 30th birthday celebration in Brighton. Can definately recommend this place. We stayed in the Chambre De Louis which was great and there was even a 30th birthday card in my room which was a nice touch. Staff were really nice and incredibly helpful and the breakfast was very good. The hotel is very well placed for the beach and The Laines. Deserves all the good reviews it gets here, which I relied on when booking.

If you want boutique, you've got it

by TripAdvisor Member letaylom

I stayed at the Royal Pavilion Townhouse July 15th 2005.

I phoned and spoke to Roy (I can't praise him enough) to book the room on the 13th, and he had the room I wanted, the Chambre de Louis. Excellent. I told him on the phone that I was planning to propose to my girlfriend on the 15th, he asked if she knew of my plans, I said no.

Come the 15th, we arrived at the RPT at about 17:30, checked in and Roy personally showed us to the room and walked us around it, filling us in on all the little details.

We then took 2 seats in the 'Singapore Room' downstairs. A few very relaxed drinks later my girlfirend went upstairs to freshen up. Roy then asked me, very very discretely, what my plans were for "popping the question" and we then devised a plan for me to call down and ask for a "bottle of wine" at which point he would bring up my desired bottle of champagne.

When my girlfriend came back down we decided on a time for dinner, in the adjoining Italian restuarant, and breakfast, in our room.

The proposal later that evening went to plan, my fiance said "yes", Roy was on form with the bottle of champagne, and after opening it for us he presented us with a hand written card to "the future mr and mrs taylor". WHAT A FANTASTICLY NICE TOUCH.

Dinner was lovely in the restuarant, even though my first 2 choices of main were not available. The service was very Italian!

The next morning breakfast in bed arrived on time, Roy (is he ever able to get to bed and sleep?) set our table for us and served breakfast in his usual uber-cheery and uber-professional manner, and we ate it overlooking the square and sea in our robes. A perfect start to engaged life.

Then we checked out and went off to buy the ring.........Oh, and Roy yes, the future Mrs Taylor did spend a lot of my money ;o)

Lovely place

by TripAdvisor Member treez1

Stayed for 1 night with my boyfriend and thought the hotel was small but lovely. It's convieniently located and in a quiet little square. We stayed in the Beijing dragon room which was a decent size and had a nice jacuzzi bath. Would recommend hotel for couples looking for a quiet stay. We paid £100 for the room as it was on offer, but I think I'd have been disappointed if I'd have paid the full £200. The molton brown toiliteries were a lovely touch. They really have thought of everything in the room, they supply normal glasses and champagne glasses and a cork screw. They also give you complimentary snacks.
The breakfast was wonderful,a huge choice available and service was excellent.
Only minor problem, and it was very minor, was that the shower kept dripping... and the family in the room above us were very loud!
Apart from that a really good place to stay.

A lovely hotel

I stayed at the townhouse hotel and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

The staff were very friendly (well the man was but the woman was a bit grumpy). Our room was ready at 2pm which was very comfortable and had some really nice touches like crisps and fruit in the room. It was clean and really nicely decorated. The shower was fantastic (2 shower heads) and also was all very clean. Its apparent that a lot of care and attention has gone into this hotel.

My only complaint would be that I only booked in for one night and I wished I had stayed longer!

The hotel is a great location for the sea front.

A Real Gem

by TripAdvisor Member JacqueAG

I agree with everything already said about this hotel. Lovely rooms, lots of character and excellent service. Very nice for a quiet relaxing break. Also good value if booked through late rooms. Restaurant offers superb food for both breakfast and dinner.

something different

This is a very nice little hotel. Rooms are like miniature suites with little lobbies and luxury bathrooms. You can see each room on the website so you know exactly what you are getting. We had the Tudor room with would be very cosy for a winter break... although the mock candle lighting meant it was very dark and difficult to find things in the bottom of your bag! At first we actually thought the lights were faulty..until the penny dropped that it was a feature of the room. Breakfast offered a good selection of things and is served in the restaurant at the back of the hotel.

The only thing wrong with this place is the inconsistency of the service. We came in contact with 7 different members of staff in three days and because the door is locked all the time you have to ring the doorbell to get in each time, which meant every time we had to explain to a different person who we were and which room we were in, which is unusual for such a small hotel. It felt very impersonal and I choose small hotels because I want that personal feel you usually get from such places.

We had chosen there because they had a special offer for week days on their website but when I phoned to book I was questioned as to where I had seen the offer and the lady claimed it must be on a discount website, not theirs, but reluctantly agreed to let me have the special offer although she let me know she wasn't happy about it! This was a contrast to the previous time I had rung to find out which rooms were available when the lady I spoke to couldn't have been more helpful!

Breakfast was again different every day. The first day we were served quite promptly, second day we were waiting ages ( in fact another couple actually shouted into the kitchen to alert them that several people were waiting!) and on the third day I thought the whole hotel was deserted as we couldn't find anyone for 15 minutes!

When we came back at night after going out in Brighton we were met on the first two nights by a very friendly and slightly overly keen to please night porter who offered us drinks and late night snacks. We enjoyed our little chats with him. However on the third night the night porter was an older gentleman who let us in and gave us our key without saying a word or even smiling.

When we left the woman at the desk (who although friendly did look tired of life) informed us we were the only people who hadn't complained about our room. Her exact words were "nothing works in this place, the whole building is falling apart". We won't be staying there again!

Gem of Regency Square

by TripAdvisor Member custardpudding

Our room was the La Chambre De Louis and it was very lovely. The windowless bathroom had a Jacuzzi tub and Molton Brown toiletries. The room faces Regency Square and while it doesn't have a frontal view of the sea, you can see it. The service was polite and prompt - we had no problems w/ it. Breakfast was served in the room.

Comments