Sea Spray

Sea Spray Boutique Hotel
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

• Lozza_9's Profile Photo

Boutique Hotel

This is a lovely hotel to stay in. Small but very friendly.

Unique Quality: The rooms are all themed. We stayed in the morrocan room. See picture. The room is not that big but they put alot of effort into the room and its clean.

The room has a shower but the toilet it just outside. You share with one other room.

The breakfast is amazing. You can have Cereal, juice, tea/coffee, yogurt and a English Breakfast or beans on toast and a Veg breakfast - loads of other things on the menu.

Directions: Drive along Marine Parade, its the 7th left - with the sea on your right.

More about Sea Spray

Great accomodation, great view, great rooms - ignore the snotty comments!

by TripAdvisor Member bubblingstars

My boyfriend whisked me off for a romantic night at the Sea Spray for my birthday last week. Upon arrival we were given a voucher for parking (£6 for 24 hours - a bargain for Brighton!) and shown where we could find a spot. The atmosphere as soon as you walk in is clean, warm and inviting with a pop art / funky feel to it. The lady on reception was extremely friendly and offered us an upgrade from the Renaissance Room to the Indulgence Suite and took us to both so we could decide which room we would prefer. We went with the Indulgence Suite as it was much bigger and had a beautiful marble en suite bathroom. The view from the room was brilliant - over looking Brighton Pier. The decoration is not necessarily to everyones taste, and is on the simplistic side for a boutique hotel. However, considering the location and view it was the perfect choice for us. Breakfast in the morning was top notch and the staff could not have been more helpful.

A great hotel in perfect location.

by TripAdvisor Member Jodie3110

My boyfriend booked a weekend in the Renaissance Suite for my Christmas present and we had a brilliant time. All staff at the hotel were helpful and friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is in a perfect location just off of the sea front and St. James Street (which has some lovely bars for a pre dinner drink) and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I guess one could say that it is pushing it a bit to call the Sea Spray a 'boutique' hotel and perhaps it is expensive in season (less so in wet and windy January) but having been slightly wary from the comments on here before we left I was pleasantly surprised and we had a perfect weekend.

Not a real hotel, let alone a boutique hotel! (clever owners though)

by TripAdvisor Member Sidlington

A complete scam! This is basically a nice small guest house or b&b which has been slightly themed in each room and re-branded a boutique hotel!

In fact, I think this was a genius idea on their part - it was probably cheaper to find bits and bobs of furniture to make a few different looking rooms than it would have been to make a proper hotel.

On a positive note, our room (the renaissance suite) had lovely french doors and a balcony with sea view. The bathroom however was tiny - like something from student halls (terrible weak electric shower and all). We had to laugh when we saw that £130 per night got us a bathroom like that. Sorry - it was a shower room.

As soon as you walk into this hotel you will realise that it is not a boutique hotel at all. Unfortunately, the real boutique hotels in this town are often full.

I don't mind dropping a couple of hundred quid on a nice hotel.
This was definitely the worst value hotel i have ever stayed in. But not the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

You have to laugh.

Appalling cancellation policy

by TripAdvisor Member celticclaws

Don't book unless you can afford to lose your money - I cancelled over two weeks in advance of staying and they still insisted on keeping a full night's money, regardless of whether they managed to re-let the room - VERY UNFAIR

Pennypinching lets it down

by TripAdvisor Member Member100

We booked into Seaspray for a weekend. The hotel is clean and in a great location which are pluses but everywhere there were signs of pennypinching, which is not at all the spirit of a boutique hotel. At £120/room/night we were surprised not to have a bath just a minute shower (and not even with a detachable hose). We had to pay for water in the room. There was no turndown service. We were given a frontdoor key as there are no staff at night. Even chocolate bars were 60p each. And at breakfast the hot chocolate was made with water not milk. YUK.

Overall really disappointing and not at all value for money, especially with a minimum 2 night stay at weekends, Then again as the manager said when we booked - they can sell the room at this price easily. So maybe they don't even try. While we liked the concept, we won't be going back.

Wonderful, made our trip

by TripAdvisor Member YouInspireMe

We spent 3 nights in the Renaissance Suite in October and had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. The room was clean with romantic furnishings, and a lovely balcony from which you could see the sea. Small bathroom with shower, little shampoo & body wash samples that kept getting restocked!

Check-in was easy & efficient and the staff were more than willing to point us in the direction of great sights, restaurants, bars etc.

There was no problem at all with getting vegan breakfast every morning and we were even given a little jug of soy milk to store in our mini-fridge to use with tea/coffee (provided at no extra charge).

LGB-friendly. In an ideal location, right by a street with lots of funky bars and eateries and an easy walk into other parts of Brighton.

We got a special deal which brought the price down to £70 per night - worth enquring about any such offers.

Would certainly return here. We were shown round other rooms too and they all looked fab.

Horrible Decor, Tatty Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sicilian_kan

We stayed in the boudoir room and immediately spotted the 10 pound IKEA student uplights, which one does not expect paying 135pn. Purple wall paint was splashed on the ceiling in error and had not been tarted up. There was wallpaper peeling off in the bathroom. Overall, a horrific weekend as it is advertised as boutique. It is not. I have stayed in better decorated youth hostels.

Fantastic decor and friendly staff!

by TripAdvisor Member travelbug2007Uk

I contacted the Seaspray hotel directly to make my reservation and knew straight away that I had made the right choice! The manager on duty was extremely friendly and welcoming and I couldn't wait to arrive the following weekend!

On arrival, I found the hotel to be centrally located (I could see Brighton Pier and the sea from my room!) and beautifully decorated. I stayed in the hotel's Indulgence Suite and it certainly lived up to it's name! The room's interior was lovingly and tastefully furnished and the en-suite bathroom was sparkling clean and well stocked with some great products.

During my stay I also took advantage of the hotel's therapy room and had both a head massage and a full body sports massage. This added a further level of relaxation and enjoyment to my stay at the hotel.

Having stayed at many boutique hotels throughout the world, I can honestly say that the Seaspray ranks up there with the best of them! Book this hotel without hesitation when planning a trip to Brighton!

Could be better but not as bad as some in Brighton!

by TripAdvisor Member Emsels

Arrived to a slow booking in procedure which was a shame as we were in a rush to get out and meet friends having been caught up in Friday night traffic.
Room was much smaller than the website made it look (aren't wide angle lenses amasing).
It was clean and quiet and comfortable however. The breakfast was really lovely and made the stay.
Could do with being a bit cheaper for room size though.

Comments