The Brighton Beach Hotel

41-42 Marine Parade, Brighton, BN2 1PE, United Kingdom

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Brighton

Amapola & the Harley by the pub at Devil's DykeAmapola & the Harley by the pub at Devil's Dyke

BrightonBrighton

The Hove HQThe Hove HQ

Pass the vinegar!Pass the vinegar!

Public Transport.

by Glen30

Hi there,

I will be in Brighton in a few days time and will be staying at this address:
21 Charlotte Street, Brighton, BN2 1AG.

I need to take a bus from above address to the bus-stop called "Longridge Avenue"

a) could you kindly let me know which bus numbers I have to take.
b) How many stops between "Charlotte street" and "Longride avenue"
c) How long is the bus journey (10 mins ride?)
d) Will there be announcements on the bus everytime it reaches a bus-stop.
d) Can I buy a bus-card where I can travel unlimited for 3 days? How much does it cost?

Thanks
Glen

by leics

will give you the Brighton bus timetables etc.

You can find bus stops near where you will be staying here:

Bus 27 or 27B will take you to Longridge Avenue (quite a long street). I think it may take more than 10 minutes to get there, although I have no made the journey myself.

You can find timetables for the buses here, under 'select a service':

I do not know if there are announcements or displays on Brighton buses, but just ask the driver to tell you when to get off. He or she will do so.

You can't buy a 3-day saver ticket, only a day or 7-day ticket. Information here:

by Glen30

Thank you for your reply.

by squashedfaerie

I echo the above post, ask the bus driver to let you know, he/she will do, similarly ask someone on the bus, they'll know!
Brighton is pretty easy to get around. Enjoy your trip. Any more questions - let me know!

Travel Tips for Brighton

Brighton Pier

by julia79

It was known as Palace Pier before, but was renamed to Brighton Pier in 2000. Palace Pier costed 137 000 GBP to be built and opened in 1899.
Really a good place to walk and have fun, to eat something and look at the beach. I tried to catch some of the toys in one of the pictures, but I was in bankruptcy and still couldn't. So, don't waste your money:) Well, maybe I'm not good enough to do it, but it was really a good fun trying to catch a toy and screaming;)

Rainy day in Brighton

by Elodie_Caroline

Ok, maybe my title doesn't sound as good as 'Rainy nights in Georgia'? but it'll do...

One time we came down here on a Saturday in September, must be about about thirteen years ago now? it was piddling with rain and I had to give my little brother my leather Jacket, because my mother hadn't bothered to give him a coat. So we ended up only staying long enough to have a look in a few of the shops, a look over the bit by the side of the Pier to watch the waves crashing on to it, which was lovely, then go and have dinner in the restaurant on the pier. Of course we had fish and chips, and then we went back home. I would have stayed much longer, I don't mind being out in the rain, but meaning as i couldn't stay dry because of giving my coat to my little brother, then I didn't want to stay very long.

On the way home, it was still piddling with rain. We were in an old Ford Cortina, and guess what happened? yes, the bloody thing broke down in Shinfield! they do not like the wet weather. It conked out at a set of traffic lights, but Chris managed to steer it around the next corner. After he had messed about with it and started it again, he actually managed to run over his daughter, Claire's, foot! hahahaha. We set off again, and my brother, Derek, couldn't have shut his door properly? He ended up hanging out of the back door, holding onto the door handle for dear life! I panicked and was shouting "where the f*cking hell do you think you're going?!" at him, he still reminds me of this! hahahaha. I always shout when I'm in a panic and frightened of what's going to happen to someone I care about

But we eventually got home safe and sound...... Thankfully

Sneaky Landlords

by biggeorge

No i'm strictly a booze and fags man these days , but those out there who like a touch of the Bolivian marching powder ,may get a nasty surprise.
Landlords especially at the Station in Hove have started putting Vaseline on the cisterns of the toilets making the nasal ingestion of cocaine rather more complicated , but bloody funny if you happen to be in the next cubicle.

A Short Drive Out to Stunning Countryside

by amapola66

Devils Dyke is is the deepest dry valleys in the world and covers some 200 acres of downland, situated in a deep, dry valley. Created in the Iron Age, folklore says that Devil's Dyke was so named when the Devil got seriously annoyed at the conversion of Sussex from Paganism.

The views from the top are pretty awesome, you can see to the Isle of Wight in one direction and Guildford in the other (both 46 miles as the crow flies).

I took a ride out on a hot July day with the Motorcyclist on his fantasic Harley Davidson past fields of scarlet poppies and through tunnels of trees. You can also take the seasonal open top bus no. 77 there, which runs every Saturday & Sunday during the Summer and daily during the school holidays.

There are picnic areas, fantastic walks, a pub that serves food and plenty of space for all. Many people take kites up there and there is also a golf club. It's also worth taking a jacket even on a hot day, as the weather can change 'just like that' (said in a Tommy Cooper voice) ; )

Worth the trip.

I'm not sure if everyone is...

by Miffy

I'm not sure if everyone is allowed to do this, but the view from the top of City College is pretty good for photos. Here's one - you can see the biggest church in Brighton, apparently modelled to be the same dimensions as the ark (as in Noah).

Comments