The White House

6 Bedford Street, Brighton, BN2 1AN, United Kingdom

• A perfect spot in Brighton

When I travel I always like to find somewhere different, unique, special - somewhere I'd love to go back to....the White House fits this perfectly!
    The owners Sean & Katherine are wonderful - lovely couple...always there when you need them but leave you to enjoy your stay in peace too! My first stay last week was in Room 7 on the top floor - this room is quite small but beautifully decorated, fresh, clean & stylish & the bed was heavenly - slept like a log! The ensuite shower-room is fully tiled & exceptionally new with Gilchrist & Soames toiletries - what a treat! My second stay (actually I just got home today) was the icing on the cake - No 3 the Suite - this room must be just about the nicest decor I've seen in a hotel....stunningly, comtemporary style but with a comfortable, welcoming feeling, nicer that being at home! Loved the wallpaper, the calming colours, bed again heavenly, lovely balcony to sit out with a glass of wine & relax!
    I will be recommending this hotel to everyone I know that wants to escape either on a holiday or from the corporate day....it's just perfect.

Unique Quality: It has to be two things - the amazingly delicious breakfasts & the owners, Sean & Katherine. The choice for breakfast is simply delicious - I had the Fishy 2 this morning - buttered smoked kippers with a softly poached egg & yesterday was the Veggie, best scrambled egg I've ever tasted (how do you do that Sean?) with grilled on the vine tomatoes & mushrooms......fantastic quality & portions to suit everyone!
    Sean & Katherine are a lovely couple - extremely helpful when you need them, but unobtrusive when you don't....the perfect hosts just like staying with old friends (except they are not so old!).

Directions: Past Brighton Pier towards the Marina - Kemp Town area

More about The White House

Lovely attention to detail and best value, small charming seaside hotel

by TripAdvisor Member hunkbear

Lovely attention to detail and good value, small charming seaside hotel

This is far enough away from the centre of Brighton to be quiet and with sea views from the upper sea facing rooms and local on-street parking, it means the Pavilion is an 8 minute walk and the sea 2 minutes. Particular attention has been paid to detail, by the professional and warm friendly hosts, Katherine and Sean, no nasty diddy soaps or ketchup sachets here.

Room sizes vary and for a British seaside establishment this is normal and is called 'character' the knack to making this work for you,we viewed a number of rooms they are all well appointed and fitted with quality bath/shower rooms.

Breakfast is a real treat Sean was a chef and has made this a culinary experience to savour. With a full choice of breakfast from scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, kippers, poached eggs or a traditional English, the high quality of ingredients and presentation are a real treat, in the relaxed well designed open dining room over-looking a small well established patio garden.

This small charming seaside hotel is highly recommended. A Cadbury Fudge Finger with your hot drinks and Molton Brown in the Bathroom it just screams of pampering and luxury, at this price it’s a snip!

We will definitely be returning, one of Brighton's best kept secrets.

Martin Brophy
London
2005

enjoyed

just returned from a weekend break in brighton. great hotel only downside is the parking, we had to park along the sea front which was 1/2 mile away. breakfast was excellent and no complaints about the size of the room.

would love to return in the summer.

What A Great Place!

My wife and I were coming down to Brighton for a show and, after a quick search on the Net for Brighton B&Bs, found 'The White House'. The website is a perfect reflection of the Hotel, small, stylish and spotless.

The room we had was just the size we expected and was very clean and comfortable and the en-suite bathroom was very nice too.

The owners, Sean and Catherine, were excellent hosts and very helpful and they cook a first class breakfast!

We WILL be going back and we DO recommend 'The White House' to anyone.

Great place

I stayed here on business recently and was extremely impressed. When I arrived, as they were not too busy, I was upgraded to a larger room than I had originally booked, which was a very nice surprise! The room (one of the larger en-suite doubles) was lovely, very spacious, stylish and comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and modern, with an enormous shower. The owners were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was great. One very slight disadvantage is that there is no parking at the White House, although the owners pointed me to streets nearby where you can pay to park and even to an area up the hill where parking is free (if you can find a space!). I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the White House and will definitely stay there again.

Recommended

We stayed in the new suite, having been upgraded from the Iron Room which we had previously booked. The suite is BEAUTIFUL - very stylish, very spacious, and surprisingly quiet. Would definitely pay the extra just to stay in there again! Great breakfasts and very friendly hosts. This will be our new Brighton place to stay - all others have disappointed; this one did not. Highly recommended to all those looking for a stylish and gay-friendly place to stay in Brighton - those two characteristics no longer need be mutually exclusive!.

What a Gem!!

Having visited Brighton many times, I can tell you with certainty, that this is one of the best value small hotels in the city.

Brighton has a very diverse range of accommodation. You can stay in 5 star opulence at the Grand or in one of the city's many small hotel/ B&B's. Unfortuanely, some of these are cramped and horribly unstylish.

In fact, I found the White House after a particularly unpleasant stay at a hotel in Regency Square. I will not name it - but let's just say I cut my stay short after I found I was sharing my hideously furnished room with a number of cockroaches.

The White House was very welcome therapy after that horrible experience. The room was a little small, but very comfortable, beautifully decorated and imacculately clean. The hosts are extremely friendly and hospitable without being intrusive.

The previous statements about the breakfasts are absolutely true. Not much will tempt me out of bed the morning after a night out - but Seans' are really superb and I positively ran down the stairs to eat them.

I love this hotel and would highly reccommend it.

Nice but overpriced

My partner and I decided to spend a night away in Brighton. We had hoped to stay at the Hotel du Vin as a treat, but sadly it was fully booked. We came across the White House over the web and thought it looked nice and in the same price range as a standard double at the Hotel du Vin.

The White House hotel has been recently refurbished, though the owner on showing us our room kept apologising for things like the carpet in the hallway, the size etc. The room itself was nice and clean with new furniture and shower. Later that night we discovered the bed, however new, was uncomfortable and the noise insulation from the room above was not good. The new shower had very little water pressure and was disappointing. The breakfast was nice but not sure it was worth the money we spent for our stay.

My partner and I thought overall it was a nice B&B type place, but considering what quality and service other hotels offer for the same price, this was most definately overpriced and not really worth the 'treat' we had been looking forward to.

A refreshing change to your typical Bed & Breakfast Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Englishtourist1

You can stay in a number of places in Brighton - and we have - from your old fashioned
Bed & Breadfast (think Bill Bryson in 'Notes From a Small Island') to your boutique hotels but the White House has exactly what we were looking for.

A warm and friendly welcome, a clean room, a very clean bathroom with all the essentials and a comfortable bed. If we needed anything it wasn't a problem. Each morning there was a good selection of breakfasts to choose from.

We liked the White House and will be recommending it to family and friends.

Brilliant

Clean, modern, pretty, and original. Fantastic breakfast and good location. We had one of the smaller rooms (No7) but it was spacious enough in our opinion.

Comments