Whitburn Lodge

Whitburn Lodge
Booking.com Priceline.com Official Site

• kit_mc's Profile Photo

Stylish B&B

My overall impression of this B&B was that it's a little overpriced for what it is, but then accommodation generally in Brighton is very expensive so expect to pay through the nose for some guaranteed comfort. The owners are very nice indeed and the rooms were apparently refurbished only recently. A kettle, biscuits, tea and coffee were available in the room which was a plus.

Our room was the one in the attic which had a nice view over the rooftops of Brighton but I'd say choose one of the other rooms that I suspect are slightly bigger. The attic room has a bath at the end of the bed, which is a novel way of dealing with a ceiling space that doesn't allow for a shower but unless you're spending a lot of time in the bath pampering yourself, a shower is probably preferable anyway.

The room was let down by the bed itself which was clearly a cheap pine thing (that didn't really match up with the lovely decor and the very cool bedside lamps!) and a mattress that could have been more comfortable.

Unfortunately breakfast finishes at 10.00, which given that you're paying quite a bit and it's the weekend I was disappointed by. As I was out at festivities catching up with old university pals both nights my hangover didn't really allow for me to get up early enough to experience it.

Unique Quality: Everything is in very good shape and the location is excellent - on the border with Hove just round the corner from Waitrose - a couple of minutes walk from the seafront and still in walking distance from the train station.

They have wi-fi but you'll need a password. Make sure that you get that from the hosts upon arrival or you'll be stuck if you need to look up directions on your laptop in a hurry and can't find the owners... My own fault though really.

Maybe I would have appreciated this place more if I hadn't had such a hectic schedule and could at least have attended breakfast. Ultimately I've enjoyed stays more in other B&Bs in other parts of the country that have been much better value. That said though, overall given given it's location, cleanliness and the fact that there is so much more overpriced accommodation in Brighton this place is probably as good as anything else available at this rate. Just not quite as special as it could be.

Directions: About 20 minutes walk from Brighton train station, near the Waitrose store on Western Road, one of the main shopping streets.

More about Whitburn Lodge

Not your average B&B

by TripAdvisor Member theresa7475

Being a busy mum,you never have a night off. So a weekend break in Brighton for my birthday was a real treat.
As a child,I have stayed in plenty of bed and breakfasts all over the country. Whitburn Lodge was not at all like how I imagined it would be. On arrival the owners were very warm and welcoming
A pot of hot tea and biscuits was very much appreciated.
The place has resently been redecorated-to a very high standard.
Our room was very comfortable. Crisp white new bedding on a fantastically comfortable bed insured a good nights sleep. The on suite was very modern with a fantastic powerful shower. For breakfast we had cereal, toast and a fry up-not the
sort you would have served in a greasy spoon.
I would strongly recommend Whitburn Lodge. It is in no way like
a B&B. I doubt anywhere else in Brighton is as fantastically decorated with much attention to detail or run by such friendly people. Will look forward to another weekend away,just hope that I dont have to wait another year. Miss Stokes

Most charming choice in town

by TripAdvisor Member gattoAustria

We were the first guests at the brand-new renovated Whitburn Lodge. The bedrooms and the breakfast room are outstandingly charming and tasteful, with all the things you need after a long journey for coming home, like comfortable bathroom, soft carpet, very good beds, excellent tea, coffee and chocolate selection in the room. We felt like being at friends.
Breakfast is delightful, and the restaurant recommendations of the owners are excellent!
The position of the B&B is also excellent, two minutes from the beach, playground and wonderful bar to take a sip at sunset, 5 minutes to the shops and restaurants, yet in a quiet street.
We will definitely stay here again when in Brighton.
The owners, Phil and Louise, are extremely welcoming and helpful in everything.

Modern, clean and wonderful location

by TripAdvisor Member BK2008

Boyfriend and I recently stayed at Whitburn Lodge in Brighton for 2 nights. We had a wonderful time, would stay there again and would highly recommend to couples of all ages.

We liked:
Location (3 min walk to the sea; 3 min walk to Waitrose and various cafes; 10 min walk to the Pier; 15 min walk to the Pavillion or markets).

Cleanliness of rooms - they have been recently renovated in a modern style and are spotless. The pressure of the shower was fantastic and the beds/pillows really comfortable. We stayed on the first floor (room 1) facing the street but couldn't hear any noise (and I am a light sleeper!).

Friendless of staff - as they couldn't have been more helpful and welcoming!

Price - felt we got value for money.

If we had to find a fault? Breakfast was only served for an hour each morning. Think it should be avail for at least 90 min to 2 hours so we could sleep in longer (we were on holidays after all!).

We would suggest Whitburn to our friends and family.

Charming place in Brghton

by TripAdvisor Member RosalineCopenhagen

It was a good experience to be guests in Whitburn Lodge. Very friendly, cosy atmosphere. We looked forward to eating breakfast and having a chat with the owners every morning. Very relaxing time of the day, as it should be in a guest house or a hotel. Very nice, newly renovated rooms held in pleasant colours.
We hope to be able to go back another time.

Look no further, stay at the Whitburn

by TripAdvisor Member Autodidact00

The owners are a delightful, energetic, positive couple who take justified pride in what they do and go far out of their way to be helpful to guests. The lodge itself is beautiful and very newly rennovated inside, the breakfast was terrific, and the location is less than a 20 minute walk from anything that you would want to see in Brighton.

I would unreservedly, enthusiastically recommend the Whitburn to anyone I know.

I wished for wireless internet there, but there are lots of nearby cafes/pubs that have wireless one can use, and they said they do plan to install it in the lodge soon.

Lovely Bed & breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member lolie75

Excellent Bed & Breakfast, lovely bedrooms, very nicely decorated. Excellent relation quality / price, with the sea down the road, next to the center but in a quiet street.
Great address! The owner Louise is very welcoming, to recommend!

Lovely Hosts!

by TripAdvisor Member Bagshaw

I just wanted to say what a lovely couple of days we had at the Whitburn Lodge Bed and Breakfast. The 5 bedroomed B and B is located just a 5 min walk from the centre of Brighton. The rooms have all been very recently refurbished to a very high standard and the whole place is extremely clean. The breakfasts were also great, but the best thing by far was the hospitality of Louise and Phil. They were really nice and friendly and made us feel really welcome. I will return the book they lent me when I come back to stay there again next year!

Stylish Friendly and Fab Location

by TripAdvisor Member JazziP

Super Guest House located on a quiet road but close to Everything. Louise and Phil were extremely welcoming and accomodating. They have decorated beautifully with great attention to detail. We stayed in the loft room which was a superb use of space. Bed was very comfortable, and found the room very quirky with the free standing bath. Although it was quite small it was perfect for a base. Had a look at a couple of the other rooms whilst there and they were larger and finished to a very high standard.

Hosts were lovely. Could not have been more helpful and freiendly. Would definately recommend this guest house to anyone who wants a great location, stylish setting and a stones throw from the beach and hubbub of Brighton.

Beautifully decorated

by TripAdvisor Member JaneEFH

Recently refurbished, stylish guest house with friendly and helpful owners. Superb location and breakfast. Would defintely recommend as its a good distance from the busy centre but easily walkable to the lanes, restaurants etc.

Comments