The Manse Bed and Breakfast

FlowersFlowers

A bit of help

by inmaculada31

Hi,

I´m staying now in Eastbourne for 10 days, can you tell me different ideas of how to spend the day here and visting places in the south of England? We have a car, so it is not a probem to use it, we like doing trips and excursions?

Thanks for your help

by Behe

I would actually suggest that Devon is a bit far for a day trip or excursion, Dorset is a bit nearer e.g Bournemouth (has a sandy beach)
There is plenty to do though in Sussex and neighbouring Kent- you could even do a day trip to France (Newhaven-Dieppe)

by chelston

You will be very near to Beachy Head and the Seven Sisters. You can drive or take a bus from Eastbourne. Beachy Head is a very high white chalk cliff, as are the Seven Sisters. There are some good walks along there - ideal for picnics (but not so much fun on a windy day).

There are some attractive towns and villages near to Eastbourne. Alfriston is lovely (I recommend the Smugglers pub for lunch). In fact, just driving around the countryside discovering villages would be a pleasant day.

Exceat is also a great place to visit for walks. Its just before Seaford. You can walk or hire a kayak there.

As someone else has mentioned, Brighton (where I live) is great for wandering around and shopping.

There are direct trains to London from Eastbourne too (don't drive to London!).

In fact, Estbourne has a good bus and train service so you don't have to drive everywhere.

Enjoy!

by babyblue88

Hi there,

I've only ever visited Eastbourne for a few days in May, but I'll put my 2 cents in! (We had such a great time there, I fell pregnant!)
In Eastbourne, we loved the Seven sisters and Beachy Head. I would suggest to have a meal in at the pub up there!
We mainly just walked around the town and looked around in East Dean, where my Dad grew up. Really liked the 'village-type' setting it had.
We carried on to Brighton, Hastings and Portsmouth. Brighton was lovely (I still miss it!) Hastings and Portsmouth were great too. If you visit, make sure you walk along the Piers. Very romantic =)
If you're into 'castles' have a look at Pevensey Castle, it was love at first sight for me!
Hope you have a great trip!

Comments