10 Stanley Road, Hastings, TN34 1UE, United Kingdom
Priceline.com Booking.com eDreams

More about Hastings

GreenedGreened

The fishing fleetThe fishing fleet

Town HallTown Hall

The stone from Falaise castleThe stone from Falaise castle

From London to Hastings

by Conner43

How far is it from London to Hastings? What is the quickest and least expensive way to get there? Can anyone recommend inexpensive places to stay? Has anyone been to Judges Bakery? It is owned by Craig Sams and is totally organic.

by doodybee

quickest won't necessarily be cheapest
try national express ( coach services) or
national rail - journey planner for rail times

by Britannia2

Have a look at www.southeasternrailway.co.uk. Their website says they have £8 tickets available off peak from London.

by leics

About 65 miles.

www.nationalexpress.com for coach times and fares.

www.nationalrail.co.uk for train times and fares.

Coach is slowest but cheapest.

by cubsur

Coach is cheapest, train is fastest at about 92 - 102 minutes and more frequent, every 30 minutes every day including weekends.

The last time I stayed in Hastings (for work) was at a Travelodge type place way up in the north of the town, miles from the seafront!

I don't remember ever having been to Judges Bakery but will add it to my list next time I visit.

Travel Tips for Hastings

Hastings Country Park 2

by Mariajoy

I think I forgot to mention in the last tip that the mist can roll in off the sea very quickly so, make sure you have a map! The park is 202hectares (it's BIG!) so stick to the paths and try not to lose your bearings!

Fishing Fleet

by Airpunk

Although tourism is the most important business in Hastings, fishing still plays a great role. Hastings is home to Britain's largest beach-launched fishing fleet. The fleet is based in an area between East Hill and the amusement park at the beach promenade. This "harbour" is open for visitors so that you can easily watch the fishermen doing their work. Close to the net shops and the fishermen's museum, you will also find some huts where the fishermen sell their products. As far as I saw it, these huts do not have fix opening times. I assume that they open depending on weather and availability of products. Although visitors are welcome, please keep in mind that it is a working area. So be careful when walking around.

P.S.: I am not sure what to think about that box. Do the Norwegians help out with their own fish when the fishermen in Hastings had a bad day? Or do local fishermen sellm their own products as "norwegian Salmon"? Who knows...

Hastings.....

by salvamea4545

"Fondest memories"

I went to England to learn English because I had the firmly believe of getting the so SEXY "ENGLISH ACCENT!¨...but given I am Spanish native...that was rather impossible! I lived in a very small town call Hastings.. Just writing about it put a smile in my face :-). I have such fond remembrance from this place: the pier, the only Irish bar in town (which was located right behind my school.. quite convenience!!!)...the people! And the super cold weather! Awesome!!!

I had the greatest hostess family and they introduced me to "the turkey day" celebration!..what a great excuse to get together with family!
I must say I didn't get rid of my Spanish accent but I would like to believe it's not as strong as everyone else thanks to the wonderful English teachers :-)

I know I will be back one of this days..you betcha!

Comments