Express By Holiday Inn London Stansted Airport

Thremhall Ave, London Stansted Airport, Stansted, Essex, CM24 1PY, United Kingdom
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Booking.com AMOMA.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Express By Holiday Inn London Stansted Airport

Excellent Front Desk Staff

by TripAdvisor Member danimallorca

Fantastic airport hotel, friendly staff, good breakfast and clean rooms. I landed at Luton airport late at night (had been delayed) and was catching an early morning flight from Stansted (therefore had booked this hotel), however it turns out that the National Express service was not running between the airports and I was literally stranded in Luton airport. I 'phoned the Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport reception to ask for taxi numbers etc, and they could not help enough. Fantastic. Would definitely stay here again.

Great apart from the shuttle

by TripAdvisor Member NixKitz

This hotel lost stars purely because of the SHUTTLE service! Our flight arrived at Stansted half an hour early and our luggage arrived almost instantly. Great we thought, more sleep tonight than we expected! Only to then sit at the shuttle bus stop for 25 mins waiting for a bus that never arrived. Rang the hotel and was told that the last bus left an hour ago. There is no signage at the bus stop and we had booked the hotel because of the advertised shuttle – had we known it didn’t run throughout the night (unlike the Hilton shuttle which did run) then we would have paid slightly more to stay at the Radisson which is a 2 min walk from the terminal. We walked back to the airport and found out there was a 30 min wait for taxis. Shared a taxi with another couple which totalled £5. This is significant because we then discovered that to get a shuttle back to the airport the next day you not only had to pre-book it at reception (actually this wasn’t a major hassle) but it cost £2 per person! Minimal cost but irritating. Especially because you get no customer service whatsoever with the bus and have to sort your own luggage out – at least with a taxi the driver helps with the luggage! Disgusted that the hotel charges for the shuttle because I imagine most people book the hotel in order to use the shuttle, and it is silly that if you are in a group of 3 or more that it is more economical to get a taxi.

Otherwise though a decent hotel for the money. Small but modern, nicely decorated and clean room. Bed very comfy, got a great nights sleep for the time we were there. Coffee making facilities though we didn’t have time to use them. Agree that the bathroom is teeny-tiny but it is clean and does the job!

The continental breakfast is limited but again does the job. Nice area to eat in, think this must be the same area they use at night for the bar. Hotel looks new or recently refurbed, so let’s hope they keep it nice but improve the shuttle

Business trip

by TripAdvisor Member NataschaYani

I stayed at the Express by Holiday Inn at Stansted in the beginning of February 2007.

The Hotel was very nice indeed, the room was way above what I had expected and is well worth it's price. Very comfortable bed and I really enjoyed the breakfast. However, the only clouds on the sky in this review is first that the sink in the toilet was broken and it leaked underneath, and then - as it use to be with airport hotels - the transfer bus. It's a bit of a dissapointment that it only runs from 4AM-12AM and then it stops until 4PM and runs only to 12PM. I arrived quite late and I had to wait for the transfer bus over 30 minutes. And that the transfer bus isn't free when you stay at the hotel is also a pity, I think it should be included in the price.

But beside of that it's a good hotel with nice, polite and helpful staff and I could really recommend this hotel if you have your way around Stansted, it's quite cheap also if you happend to get a last minute-room for £39.

Good stay

by TripAdvisor Member Ricardo_Almeida

I’ve only stayed one night on this hotel, but it was enough to confirm his quality. It’s located 5 minutes from Stansted airport and has a bus service to take you there (although is costs 2 pounds).

The room is very clean and with some great utilities (internet, coffee, tea).
Bathroom is tiny, but sufficient, and with some extras (like some help if you forgot something).

Unfortunately, I didn’t take breakfast (since my flight was too early).

Main room is very comfortable for a drink and it has a pool table. You have also flight information available on screen.

Not Bad!

by TripAdvisor Member IrishPaddy123

I stayed in this hotel after arriving on an 11 pm flight to Stansted, before taking an 8am flight the following morning. Therefore, my stay wasn't too long! The room was nice and clean and the staff were fairly helpful. A negative point was the unavailability of a wake up call. I was instructed to use the TV's alarm function, which may not be as reliable as getting a call from reception.
The shuttle service to the airport is convenient and punctual, however I fail to see why it cannot be provided free of charge to hotel guests. I also felt that the room cost was expensive, which didn't concern me, as I was travelling on business.
Overall, this is an excellent hotel to stay in if you need to be close to Stansted Airport for an early morning departure, or late night arrival.

Expected basic and got excellent, pleasantly surprised!!

by TripAdvisor Member daleandy

Stayed here for one night due to an early flight from Stansted and selected it based on the price and the reviews here. The room was immaculate and the bed was comfortable. We arrived about 9.30pm but the bar was still open for food, etc, others have mentioned that it is microwave food, despite this we were very impressed with our shared pizza which I would have been very happy to eat in any Italian restaurant. We checked out at 5am and the Reception staff were all cheery and smiling even at this early hour. We didn't expect breakfast because of the time but the hotel had provided a juice and coffee machine and also baskets of croissant and pain chocolate which were all good. Definitely recommend this hotel. Only gripe would be having to pay an extra £4 to stay in the carpark for the night.

Lack of shuttle a pain

by TripAdvisor Member honeymoonNZ

Be very careful if you book this hotel indirectly via an agency website; I did and did not find out until it was too late (i.e. when we arrived back into the country...) that the shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel/carpark doesn't run between 12 noon and 4pm. Goodness knows why, it's not as if flights stop arriving for 4 hours in the middle of the day...

We arrived at 2pm, sat for 45 minutes watching the bus to the Hilton go back and forth, then phoned the HI who said "Didn't you read the security sign you put in your car window? It says it on there". Well, that's true, but we checked out half-asleep at 4am and nobody drew it to our attention even when I filled it out at the desk with our arrival time of 2pm. A sign at the airport bus stop might help too; once we arrived there was nothing to say why the bus wasn't coming, whereas the Hilton had a large schedule showing when buses were due.

In their favour room was fine, but they're basically removing themselves from a large chunk of the market by stopping the bus service back to your car, which for most people is the main reason for staying at an airport hotel.

RUBBISH!

by TripAdvisor Member HarrogateGem

The hotel it's self is clean and convenient, however the fact the shuttle bus which you pay for doesn't run during the busy period of the day is a total joke. We booked through an agent and were not informed that the shuttle didn't run between 12pm- 4pm. I wil not use this hotel again, nor will I recomend to people I know. The Hilton has a shuttle bus thats runs all day!

Convenient Stansted airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member TheAviator2

Stayed one night before an early morning departure from STN airport.

We used the hotel shuttle for transportation to and from the hotel. It was complimentary from the hotel and 2 pounds per person from the hotel to the airport.

The room was clean, comfortable, and just as you would expect for a Holiday Inn Express. We left before the breakfast hours began, so I don't have any review of that offering.

Wouldn't have any problem using this hotel if I needed an airport hotel again.

Try not to eat there

by TripAdvisor Member Lmamamac

Although the room was sufficient (if slightly high priced) the restaurant was way below par and we had no other options as it was the only place to eat in that location.

Ready for boardingReady for boarding

Hidden security officerHidden security officer

Internet cornerInternet corner

Baggage carousselBaggage caroussel

Need Guidance Using standstedexpress from = Stansted Airport To Luton Airport

by Freelancer1000000

hi there..

(my journey is from Standsted Airport to Luton Airport)

i got 2 big bags, and i heard we can use standstedexpress, because we cannot bring 2 big bags inside the buses.

my question is,

what destination should i choose from standstedexpress (underneath stansted airport) if i wanna go to Luton Airport? which one should i choose? London Liverpool Street or Totenham Hale?

please advise..

Re: Need Guidance Using standstedexpress from = Stansted Airport To Luton Airport

by leics

You would be better to take the direct transfer bus between airports:

You can take 2 bags on the bus if they fit the luggage size limits.

If you must take the train, get off at the end of the line (Liverpool Street). The train to Luton goes from St Pancras station to Luton Airport Parkway station, then you will get a (free) transfer bus to the airport (about 10 minutes). www.nationalrail.co.uk will give you train times and fares.

by Freelancer1000000

thanks for the info, you help a lot

by leics