Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel

Great Value!

Costs Less than similar hotels

See Travelers Recommended Hotels
TimeoutQueen's Profile Photo

“Exteremly over rated and not 4*”

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 7, 2011

This was suppose to be a break for me from my partner who I have to say is always thoughtful in all he does. So can you imagin the catalogue of things that happened after we checked in.
We managed to get in before the 2pm check-in time, which was great. We were allocated room 309. The bed was hard, there was no Wine as stated in the room, but there was chocolates. I checked the bathroom as I always do, and the layer of dust that lay on top of the light fitting above the mirror had been there for so long, it was gathering height.

On three occassions, the chamber maids tried to gain entrance to our room with knocking (How rude is that)

The food in the restuarant was exteremly poor. The Lamb shank had been cooked from the night before (Confirmed by hotel duty manager) The Steak was over cooked, when we asked for med-rare.

Goodness know how long we waited to be served in the first place, the staff spoke little english and had no idea what we were requesting.

The next day we decided we would have breakfast in our room, what a big mistake that was, between 9.30-10.00 we requested, it arrived late, and must have been sitting on the plate since 6am, it was cold, and dried up and not what we ordered.....

I have to say how this hotel ever got a 4 star rating I shall never know, They have no idea, what customer service is, or how to train the staff they have to give the service that we paid good money to enjoy because it`s just not good enough....

We have stayed in hotels all over the world, some not even 4 stars, but they gave a 5 star service..... And to top it all off for the three days we were there, non of the internal hotel room phones were working, due to a fire they had the week before....Need I say more..

Unique Quality: If it`s quality and good service freshly cooked food you require do not book this hotel.....

Nearby Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel

Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel

• Cheltenham Park Hotel
  • Barcelo Charlton Kings
  • Charlton Kings Barcelo

Address: Cirencester Road, Charlton Kings, Cheltenham, Cotswolds, GL53 8EA, United Kingdom

1 Photo of Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Cheltenham Travel Forum

Need advice about Cheltenham, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Cheltenham and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cheltenham hotel reviews