Hotel de la Bere

MarijanaFC's Profile Photo

A Smell of Past

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 8, 2006

I stayed here for one night. I found the hotel on the Internet: it looked very interesting and reasonably priced. It is a very old establishment: the building dates from the 15 century which means that it has a lot of character. I was very surprised by the size of the room: it was massive! Also, it still had some of the original features, such as fireplace. However, I guess since it is very expensive to maintane it in good condition, I was not very satisfied with how clean it was. Let me just say that it has a lot of character if you don't mind 500 year old dust :-).

It is not that far from the centre of Cheltenham but you would need to have a car with you - it is not walkable.

Unique Quality: Th hotel has tennis and squash courts, as well as an open air swimming pool.
It also organizes Murder Mysteris Nights - it is definitely a fantastic place for that. I am sure that I will try one of these very soon!

1 Photo of Hotel de la Bere

Cheltenham Travel Forum

Need advice about Cheltenham, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Cheltenham and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cheltenham hotel reviews