The White Hart

High Street, Winchcombe, Cotswolds, GL54 5LJ, United Kingdom

White Hart Inn
Travelocity Expedia.com AMOMA.com

• 'Great food - terrible customer service'

I don't normally go onto forums but I felt compelled to share this. The White Hart had been recommended to us by friends who stayed there for a weekend May 2011 and said that the best thing about there time there was the friendly staff- we however had an entirely different experience. After dreadful service from the most aggressive and 'couldn't care less' member of staff we wont be going back and were sad to tell our friends that there recommendation wasn't what we had all hoped for. There was a mess with our booking and we were not greeted by a smile but a very unprofessional so called female 'manager' who really didn't care. Over lunch my husband felt as if the member of staff in question was chatting him up and I certainly felt uncomfortable by this and was snapped at and told to "be patient" and as she went off in an aggressive huff heard her say "im doing more than my jobs worth in THIS place"! When I went to get my coat she looked me up and down and huffed at me- I have never felt so uncomfortable in a restaurant. After chatting to locals we were told that since the arrival of a female member of 'management' there is a totally different vibe and one that is very negative and unprofessional. I feel it is such a shame as Winchcombe is such a beautiful place and we are considering buying a house there, Unless the member of staff in question is 'moved on' we wont be making the White Hart our local and I am writing to the head office.

More about Cheltenham

More gardensMore gardens

The Regent's Arcade, CheltenhamThe Regent's Arcade, Cheltenham

Parents on the hill watchingParents on the hill watching

My daughter's print of the Cheltenham PromenadeMy daughter's print of the Cheltenham Promenade

I have a question for ya

by Crashandburn

I am planning on visiting someone who resides in Cheltenham, England around March. I live in the United States and have never traveled before. I was wondering what I would need for the trip and any other possible information you have to offer. What will UK cumstoms be like? What to do about converting money? ...anything! Thanks in advance

RE: I have a question for ya

by zuriga

You will need an American passport - that's about it. Customs is simple. If you have nothing to declare, one just walks out after handing in a form given out on the plane, passing through immigration and collecting luggage. It's best not to bring too much British money along - just what you'll need for a day or so, transportation etc. It's easiest just to use the ATM machines. Beware.. the UK is very expensive and everything will cost a lot more than it does in the States.

RE: I have a question for ya

by St_Vincent

Your friend may have already told you but there is a big horse race meeting at Cheltenham in March - during the week starting 13th I think. During this week Cheltenham is likely to be very busy both with people traveling to it and people staying there so if you are planing on booking a hotel I suggest you do it early.

I agree, you don't need to bring a lot of cash. There are plenty of ATM's where you can use a card with a Maesto logo and credit cards are widely accepted in shops and restaurants.

RE: RE: I have a question for ya

by leics

Customs shouldn't be a problem. Nor will transport, if you're being collected by your friend. If not, train times and fares are on www.nationalrail.co.uk and coaches on www.nationalexpress.com. Advice about money is correct, though you will need some cash too. The UK is expensive, so don't be too surprised at costs!Weather will be variable, so bring clothes you can layer and a good waterproof jacket. It can still be frosty in March, although it can also be quite mild, so pack clothes you can layer along with hat/ gloves/ scarf. There is some lovely countryside around Cheltenham, so pack walking shoes/ boots if you're keen. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Travel Tips for Cheltenham

The Cotswalds are a must

by naplesnate

If you're in Cheltenham its because you already have an appreciation for or an interest in the small English village scene. The Cotswalds which is pretty much the surrounding region is full of small villages with thatched roofs and all.
There are buses leaving all the time from town for various villages if driving on the wrong side is not your thing.

Comments