Upton Hill, Upton St Leonards, Cotswolds, GL4 8DE, United Kingdom
Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

More about Hatton Court Hotel

Could of been better

by TripAdvisor Member na2961

We booked through late rooms at the cost of £55. we stayed on a saturday night and the room had a great view. The room itself was a little dated but ok. The biggest letdown was the food. We ate at the hotel because we had checked in fairly late in the afternoon and my wife was a little tired. I had my doubts when I looked at the menu, There was little choice. I ordered goats cheese for starters which was burn't and I had mussels whch is very difficult to cook badly, these were enjoyable. My wife could not eat her main course as the food was overseasoned, I think they had cooked it in Seawater. The breakfast was poor. It was the worst cooked breakfast I have ever had. I would stay at this hotel again but I would not eat there.

Don't waste your money

by TripAdvisor Member Syon

Sorry to say that this was the most disappointing break we have ever experienced.
So much so, we left a day early (having paid in full in advance). Not that the General Manager had much to say on our leaving and offered no consolation to a terrible evening meal and two incredibly dire breakfasts.
The huge marquee being erected in the gardens ruined the views and a JCB was not the most inspiring view from the bar.
A brown, rubbery congealed egg at breakfast, that should never have left the kitchen, topped a very expensive mistake.
There are much more enjoyable ways of wasting your money that at this hotel!

Relaxing short break

by TripAdvisor Member emmanicolaliam

We returned yesterday from a two night break which we thoroughly enjoyed and would definately recommend to friends and family. We had a room in the new part of the hotel which was extremely comfortable and clean. The room was spacious, bathroom having a large corner bath
with overhead shower and toiletries. There were little extra touches which other larger hotel groups do not provide making your stay feel more personal eg teddy on bed, jar of sweets, still and sparkling water as well as the usual tea and coffee making facilities.

We used the health suite twice during our stay which you book and have as your own private use for an hour. There is a sauna (which is prepared for you), jacuzzi, excercise bike, rowing machine, step machine, towels and bottled water.

The food at breakfast and dinner is excellent being well presented and served by attentive staff. There is also an extensive drinks menu which is reasonably priced for a hotel. All staff were very helpful at all times and made sure guests had an enjoyable stay.
There is much to see in the area eg painswick village, gloucester docks, national trust properties etc.

We will definately be returning in the future as the hotel and the beautiful cotswolds surroundings have much to offer.

Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member lucindah

We spent a night there at the end of May and got an excellent deal which we found out about through Travelzoo - £89 for dinner b&b for 2 people. We were greeted in a very welcoming and friendly way at reception. We'd asked for a quiet room and we certainly weren't disappointed. Our room was on corner, had splendid views and was very large. The furnishings were a little tired and the fixed shower was hard to control. However there was free bottled water, biscuits and sweets. One niggle - no full-length mirror. Dinner was very nice - not a huge choice on the resident's menu but we could have set £26.95 against the a la carte if we'd preferred. The wine list was fairly comprehensive and not too expensive. The service at breakfast was at times a little slow (they were very busy) but my husband's poached haddock and egg were "superb". My scrambled egg was a bit woolly - probably made with too much milk. Still at least the cooked breakfast was made to order - I hate hot buffet breakfasts. We would happily go back there again particularly if we could get that great price and the same room.

Lovely setting, great value

Have just returned from a weekend break at this hotel. We were not disappointed. Had a room in the new block. Large room, with hospitality tray plus still and sparkling water, a jar of sweets and a cute teddy on the bed, nice touch! Huge corner bath with shower over and toiletries supplied.

Staff on reception were extremely pleasant and helpful.
Food was good but menu limited. We were staying on half board basis and the table d'hote dinner consisted of 3 starters, 3 main courses and 3 sweets. Obviously they wanted you to try the a la carte menu at extra cost. Having said that, the choices we made were excellent and well cooked and presented.

Breakfast was also very good with all the usual choices,
fruit, cereal, yogurt, pastries, fruit juices and of course the good old full english breakfast!!.

The only complaint I have is, that if you are in the annex to the hotel, you have to walk outside (not very far) to get to the restaurant etc., Bearing in mind the weather this last weekend, a covered walkway would have been most acceptable!!!

We had never been to this area before, but would most certainly go back as it was lovely and would certainly stay in this hotel again

Nice overnight stay

by TripAdvisor Member ellieuu

Typical English country hotel, we had a nice room, pleasant drinks in the bar, .....but the room was above the front door - we stayed inJune on a warm night so had the windows open - could smell the smokers hanging around outside the entrance and very early in the morning the laundry was delivered via the front door with a lot of clanging metal .......then a coachload of Japanese tourists departed on their coach from 7.30am onwards............ breakfast was good though .......and we had got a good 'online ' price so not too unhappy really...

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member hola79

We decided (me and my husband) to stay a few days in the Costwolds for relax. Fantastic place. The hotel was nice. We booked an executive room with jacuzzi by the web but when we arrived to the hotel, they gave us a standard room. We came back to the reception to ask about it and they moved us to an executive room with no problems at all.
The only thing is, we expected to have a massage so, before to go, we asked about it. They said yes it was availability but when we arrived and we tried to book for the next day, the receptionist told us that the therapist have just gone on holidays... little disappointed about this. Otherwise, the hotel is nice, old but traditional. The breakfast was ok, coffee, toasts, cereals, fruit and croisants....and of course english breakfast. Only one thing,we asked the first day for "eggs with soldiers" but the eggs were absolutely cooked...

Would reccomend if you get a good price

by TripAdvisor Member LisaO000

We stayed stayed 3 nights over the weekend. We had a loveley break and it was great to be able to take our puppy. We had a loveley room with a big bathroom. Everything was clean and the servce was good. The starter and pudding options were a bit restrictive and service could be slow for dinner. It was very quiet at night. I would definately recomend for the price, we paid £42 dinner bed and breakfast per person, and we could have had £27.50 bed and breakfast per person.

Lovely Room - Staff Restaurant Service Poor

by TripAdvisor Member wroughtironron

Booked through Laterooms, the executive room was very nice , with a whirlpool bath - only thing was I couldn't get the whirlpool to work. Once I'd emptied the bath, I noticed a switch in the bedroom marked
"Jacuzzi" - Oh well.

Breakfast was let down by the waiter, who took my order for tea and white toast, yet didn't bother bringing it.

By the time I'd eaten my breakfast, I couldn't be bothered with the toast, so I had to re-ask for some tea.

When checking out, Reception tried to charge me for an evening meal I hadn't had- apparently another "guest" had eaten and told them to charge my room with it.

Comments