Hilton London Heathrow Airport

Bonkers11's Profile Photo

Convenience versus 5*luxury

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 19, 2011

Arrived at the hotel on the evening before the flight out. Staff were friendly and check in was quick, Hilton Honors - means a slightly quicker check in but to be honest the staff here know that you are either just off a flight and want to get some shut eye or your in a rush to just get yourself settled for the night.
Room was acceptable, compact - yes and for two people it might even be claased as a squash if you are used to huge rooms.
To be honest the room was clean, comfortable but on other occassions staying here I have noticed some slightly dirty aspects but as for the price, yes, its expensive but you are staying right next to the airport, no need to park the car at a hotel further away and struggle with buses. I will always stay here.

Unique Quality: Right next to the airport, what more can you ask for.

Dirtiest Hotel Ever Stayed In

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 26, 2011

I booked in to the Hilton at Terminal 4 for an overnight stay. I have stayed there before and was not impressed on past occasions either, but was travelling beforehand, only staying overnight and therefore needed a convenient hotel, as my flight was from T4.

After checking in, I went straight to the bathroom and ran a bath. I was soon up to my neck in soap suds and washing away the stresses of the day. I got out and dried off, then went to throw some rubbish in the bin. That's when the nightmare started! The bin was full of rubbish and stank, making my skin crawl, as I realised the bathroom probably had not been thoroughly cleaned either.

I rang Guest Services and the chambermaid and supervisor promptly came to inspect. They apologised and the bathroom was cleaned, with me standing like a lemon in the bedroom, in my pjs, making polite and embarrassed conversation. I was asked if I wanted the bedroom cleaned as well, but said it looked clean to me and that with a 4 o'lock wake up, I needed to sleep (it was now 8 pm). I brushed my teeth and went to turn back the bed covers - only to find numerous black hairs under the pillow, on the bed and under the duvet - I am blonde!!!) I was completely grossed out by this and extremely annoyed, as I knew my choice was now either to get dressed, pack up my stuff and move to another room, or to wait for the room to be cleaned again. I phoned to complain for a second time, deciding to opt for new sheets in the same room, as I could not face the time it would take to pack everything up (I had hung up clothes and laid everything out ready for the morning). So once again, I stood by like a lemon in my pjs, whilst the chambermaid changed the bed. She asked if I wanted the rest of the room cleaned, but I really didn't care at this point if the floor was clean or not - I just needed to sleep. It was now 9 pm. I watched TV for an hour, as I was now so worked up that I couldn't nod off, but even the magic of Penn & Teller couldn't make my frustration disappear. I got into bed again at 10 and was just nodding off when the fire alarm went off, briefly at first, so I ignored it, but then for over a minute. It was so loud I had to cover my ears. But I did jump out of bed, grab a jumper and peer out of the room, where I found my next door neighbour also looking worried. The alarm then stopped, so I went back in and got into bed. That was my sleep gone for the rest of the night. I slept in fits and starts, expecting the alarm to go off any minute and conscious of every noise outside. I had just nodded off again when movement at my door at 2.30 am again woke me up. It was my express check out paper being pushed under the door! I was up at 4, not even waiting for the alarm call. I couldn't wait to check out.

I am disgusted with the standard of cleanliness. 4 star HILTON??? You'd be better off travelling to the Travel Lodge in Terminal 5. It's a quarter of the price and no frills, but very, very clean. I stayed there last year and it was pristine. The staff were also much more welcoming, friendly and helpful. The Hilton's a fleapit in comparison. Uggghhhhh! Never staying there again!

Unique Quality: Great location - shame about the standards. If it's a fleapit you're after, then this is it!

Directions: Terminal 4, via a long, draughty, where everyone passing eyes you up as the new stranger in town.

saracen's Profile Photo

Exorbitantly Priced Hotel in Handy Location

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 29, 2005

I have stayed there several times, but only when there is no alternative. To get there you need to walk down a long, draughty tunnel from terminal 4.

Check-in tends to be slow and busy, although the lobby itself is large and bright.

The rooms are bog-standard.

Unique Quality: Location is handy if you don't want to leave the airport, but the prices are ridiculous, and certainly not justified by the quality of the rooms or the service.

kevarms's Profile Photo

Good option if parking at airport

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 6, 2004

Check-in was fast and efficient. I was too tired to try out the many hotel facilities, but they included several bars/restaurants, swimming pool, sauna.
Room was spacious and reasonably comfortable but was a bit smelly.
I'd recommend staying here if overnighting at Heathrow.

Unique Quality: The hotel is connected by covered walkway to Terminal 4. It's still a bit of a trek (10 minutes walk) but at least it's dry.

Directions: From the Terminal take the covered walkway to the hotel

Nearby Hilton London Heathrow Airport

• Shuttle Service
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Heathrow Travel Forum

Need advice about Heathrow, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Heathrow and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Heathrow hotel reviews