Terminal 4, , HEATHROW TW6 3AF

Booking.com Expedia.com Hilton

Costs 60% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Bonkers11's Profile Photo

Convenience versus 5*luxury

Arrived at the hotel on the evening before the flight out. Staff were friendly and check in was quick, Hilton Honors - means a slightly quicker check in but to be honest the staff here know that you are either just off a flight and want to get some shut eye or your in a rush to just get yourself settled for the night.
    Room was acceptable, compact - yes and for two people it might even be claased as a squash if you are used to huge rooms.
    To be honest the room was clean, comfortable but on other occassions staying here I have noticed some slightly dirty aspects but as for the price, yes, its expensive but you are staying right next to the airport, no need to park the car at a hotel further away and struggle with buses. I will always stay here.

Unique Quality: Right next to the airport, what more can you ask for.

• Dirtiest Hotel Ever Stayed In

I booked in to the Hilton at Terminal 4 for an overnight stay. I have stayed there before and was not impressed on past occasions either, but was travelling beforehand, only staying overnight and therefore needed a convenient hotel, as my flight was from T4.

After checking in, I went straight to the bathroom and ran a bath. I was soon up to my neck in soap suds and washing away the stresses of the day. I got out and dried off, then went to throw some rubbish in the bin. That's when the nightmare started! The bin was full of rubbish and stank, making my skin crawl, as I realised the bathroom probably had not been thoroughly cleaned either.

I rang Guest Services and the chambermaid and supervisor promptly came to inspect. They apologised and the bathroom was cleaned, with me standing like a lemon in the bedroom, in my pjs, making polite and embarrassed conversation. I was asked if I wanted the bedroom cleaned as well, but said it looked clean to me and that with a 4 o'lock wake up, I needed to sleep (it was now 8 pm). I brushed my teeth and went to turn back the bed covers - only to find numerous black hairs under the pillow, on the bed and under the duvet - I am blonde!!!) I was completely grossed out by this and extremely annoyed, as I knew my choice was now either to get dressed, pack up my stuff and move to another room, or to wait for the room to be cleaned again. I phoned to complain for a second time, deciding to opt for new sheets in the same room, as I could not face the time it would take to pack everything up (I had hung up clothes and laid everything out ready for the morning). So once again, I stood by like a lemon in my pjs, whilst the chambermaid changed the bed. She asked if I wanted the rest of the room cleaned, but I really didn't care at this point if the floor was clean or not - I just needed to sleep. It was now 9 pm. I watched TV for an hour, as I was now so worked up that I couldn't nod off, but even the magic of Penn & Teller couldn't make my frustration disappear. I got into bed again at 10 and was just nodding off when the fire alarm went off, briefly at first, so I ignored it, but then for over a minute. It was so loud I had to cover my ears. But I did jump out of bed, grab a jumper and peer out of the room, where I found my next door neighbour also looking worried. The alarm then stopped, so I went back in and got into bed. That was my sleep gone for the rest of the night. I slept in fits and starts, expecting the alarm to go off any minute and conscious of every noise outside. I had just nodded off again when movement at my door at 2.30 am again woke me up. It was my express check out paper being pushed under the door! I was up at 4, not even waiting for the alarm call. I couldn't wait to check out.

I am disgusted with the standard of cleanliness. 4 star HILTON??? You'd be better off travelling to the Travel Lodge in Terminal 5. It's a quarter of the price and no frills, but very, very clean. I stayed there last year and it was pristine. The staff were also much more welcoming, friendly and helpful. The Hilton's a fleapit in comparison. Uggghhhhh! Never staying there again!

Unique Quality: Great location - shame about the standards. If it's a fleapit you're after, then this is it!

Directions: Terminal 4, via a long, draughty, where everyone passing eyes you up as the new stranger in town.

• saracen's Profile Photo

Exorbitantly Priced Hotel in Handy Location

I have stayed there several times, but only when there is no alternative. To get there you need to walk down a long, draughty tunnel from terminal 4.

Check-in tends to be slow and busy, although the lobby itself is large and bright.

The rooms are bog-standard.

Unique Quality: Location is handy if you don't want to leave the airport, but the prices are ridiculous, and certainly not justified by the quality of the rooms or the service.

• kevarms's Profile Photo

Good option if parking at airport

Check-in was fast and efficient. I was too tired to try out the many hotel facilities, but they included several bars/restaurants, swimming pool, sauna.
    Room was spacious and reasonably comfortable but was a bit smelly.
    I'd recommend staying here if overnighting at Heathrow.

Unique Quality: The hotel is connected by covered walkway to Terminal 4. It's still a bit of a trek (10 minutes walk) but at least it's dry.

Directions: From the Terminal take the covered walkway to the hotel

More about Hilton London Heathrow Airport

Bad Experience

I needed a decent room for an overnight at Heathrow.
I had requested a non-smoking room, but was given a VERY smokey room, with a broken bed, a shower with a broken handle...cold water ONLY, a broken hair dryer...when I called housekeeping there was NO ANSWER! Bad customer service at the front desk...would not recommend!

It was OK

by TripAdvisor Member Chunky-M0nkey

As a HHonours Gold Card holder i stay in a lot of Hiltons and this one is OK for a airport hotel, its massive loby certainally gives an air of space. You really need an excutive room as the others are disapointing, but even though they are small compared with other airport hotels. The health club is disapointing, a tiny pool, a tiny sauna and so many members that you couldnt easily use either....
The Exec Lounge is very nice, a great place to unwind and enjoy a drink or two. But like everybody else, i must say this hotel is very expensive for what you actually get. If staying there try the Chinese, the food was great, although with a bill of over £100 for two of us (Not including wine, but water @ £5 per bottle...) it was again too expensive.

I will stay there again as its convient for Terminal 4

Good Airport Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member yachtinteract

This is my 5th visit to this hotel.

As a Hilton Honours Gold card holder got upgraded to an Executive room as per other stays.

Executive lounge is a nice if a bit small. On this occasion the lounge was closed for anual maintenance so we got given drinks vouchers for the main bar and free english breakfast (normally continental in the lounge).

Rooms are not the biggest but are comfortable and well maintained. Food / Bars are expensive but I have never had a bad meal or service.

Staff have always been friendly and polite.

The only problem I ever have is the rooms can be warm and the airconditioning does not go low enough.

A good business hotel

I had an executive room so I can't vouch for the standard ones. The decor was modern, the room quiet, the bed comfy and the bathroom clean. The atrium makes the public areas very light and airy. (But beware if your expenses department is mean - the food is very expensive.) It's also great to be able to walk to terminal 4 - it's about a ten minute walk. I'd stay here again if I had an executive room.

Solid

by TripAdvisor Member matthew.cronin

Stayed here for a night before an early morning flight. I have no complaints - everything was solid form the staff to the sheets. It's clean, spacious and comfortable.

We ate dinner at the Asian restaurant in the lobby - it was good but not great. Pretty overpriced but that's to be expected at an airport hotel.

Access to T4 is a breeze and getting to the other terminals is also easy via the Heathrow Express from T4 (free between terminals).

Money grab Hotel

I stayed at the Heathrow Hilton for one night, as I was flying back to Canada the next a.m. I had stayed at the Paddington Hilton a month earlier when I arrived, and would have stayed there if there was availability, but there was not. The Heathrow Hilton, at 155 pounds a hight gave me a room, thats it, a tiny room. At Paddington, for 99 pounds a had a bigger room, a great Breakfast, and because a stayed 2 nights I also had a Free Supper. All Excellent meals!! At Heathrow, the Chicken Ceasar salad was 18 pounds (45 cdn, 38 US) And when I tried using my pre-paid calling card from my room, the Hotel wanted to charge me 2 pounds for the first 3 mins, and then 50p for every minute after. Unbelievable! A toll free call being charged by the minute!, Again with Paddington, they charged a flat 1.98 pounds for a toll free call from your room. I dont know why they think they need to "money grab" from travellers, but My reccomendation would be to stay a the Paddington Hilton and catch the Heathrow express in the am, with your free breakfast in your belly.
Cheers!

A Good Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member casalinda

I stayed at this hotel for one night between flights. For an airport hotel with a high turn-over of guests, it is excellent. The staff was helpful and quick in checking me in. The room, while average, was clean, quiet and cool. The in-hotel restaurant was good and reasonably priced. Overall I had a pleasant and convenient stay. I usually stay at this Hilton at least 4 times a year as I travel on business and will continue to stay there in the future.

Not so great...

by TripAdvisor Member RPKVancouver

Stayed at this hotel for two nights before returning home to Canada. Had two rooms across from each other. Upon entering our room (my young daughter and I shared it while the husband and son were in another room), the smell of mustiness took us by surprise. In the bathroom, we found black mold growing on the ceiling!! Mold was also found growing around the tub and sink. We rang the front desk asking to be moved immediately from this room.

They accommodated, but only had a room two one floor down and across the other side of the hotel. Quite far away from the rest of my family. This room was better, but still smelled musty.

The restaurants were very overpriced and lacked in quality. We got refunded for a poor quality dinner that cost $110 pounds ($220). We have not yet received compensation for the room problems. We were told that they are presently doing renovations and would like to show us their NEW rooms next time we plan to stay there. My question to them is...why the heck didn't they put us in a NEW room?

Staff were accommodating at this hotel and aside from the convenient location to terminal 4, these are the only two good things about this hotel. There are plenty of Heathrow airport hotel choices...Wouldn't stay at this Hilton again.

Comments