140 Bath Road, Hayes, UB3 5AW, United Kingdom

RD Edwardian LHR Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• iblatt's Profile Photo

Excellent hotel near Heathrow airport

I stayed in the Radisson Edwardian Heathrow for a conference, and greatly enjoyed my stay. To tell the truth, I did not expect much of an "airport hotel", and was very pleasantly surprised.

First: The architecture and the decor. Only three stories high, built on a "human scale", the hotel internal spaces are beautiful and harmonious, the walls are covered with wood paneling in warm colors, with many ornaments and artefacts with a Chinese theme; when I came into the hotel I immediately forgot the neon-lights and impersonal huge spaces of the airport terminal, and entered a different world. The 3rd floor atrium is a masterpiece of design.

Second: Convenience. The hotel is easily reached from all Heatrow terminals by the "National Express Hotel Hopa" bus, line H3 or H53. The rooms are comfortable.

Third: The quiet atmosphere; I didn't hear any planes taking off or landing, and the hotel seemed like "an island of tranquility" just a stone's throw away from the airport.

Fourth: The food was excellent. We had dinner in a hall on the 3rd floor, breakfast and lunch in the "Brasserie". Everything was simply delicious.

Fifth: the service was impeccable, friendly and professional.

Directions: Take the Hotel Hoppa bus H3 or H53 from any Heathrow terminal.

• freezer61's Profile Photo

radisson edwardian

i stayed here on christmas eve,
    check in was fast and friendly,the young oriental receptionist couldn't have been more helpful or professional.
    the lobby and public areas were very nice and did look grand.
    our room was big enough and had all the mod cons you would expect and the wifi worked!
    generally though the staff were a bit aloof and one or two had the bare minimum grasp of english.
    now heres the bad points...this hotel is way over priced for its overall performance.
    a roast beef sandwitch and some chicken wings set us back almost 16 quid...16 quid!!!
    i had ordered granary brown bread but was given white because,and i quote,''we dont have brown left''....white bread..no choice and no apology and the waiter even looked put out that i'd even mentioned it!
    and watch out for the 12.5% sevice charge that they will add on even if you go to the bar yourself....i dont mind tipping for good service but this was not.
    this was christmas eve remember but in the polo lounge they had american football on the tv and rap playing behind the bar...absolutely no christmas atmosphere...i guess the mostly foriegn staff just had no interest!
    breakfast...?15!!! because you claim to be 5 star doesn't excuse extortionate prices.
    on check out i had the same problem as many...they tried to charge me for the use of the mini bar that i didn't use because i couldn't get the door open.
    this is an ok hotel but it aint 5 star and should stop charging as such!!

More about Radisson Edwardian International Plaza Heathrow

Blood on sheets on three separate occassions!

I have had to stay at this hotel on 3 separate occassions over the period of 2 years; and everytime there has been blood on the bed sheets! All the rooms I've been offered had crumpled netcurtains and drapes, dirty cups & floors. The bathrooms and towels also look unclean & the reception staff have been less than helpful. My advice is don't stay here!

Better than all the bad reviews

Despite all of the other bad reviews for this hotel, I stayed here for one night before flying out of Heathrow. I thought the hotel was perfectly decent. OK, it's not as plush as many other Radissons, but it's more than OK for an airport hotel. THe room was spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet. We enjoyed making use of the (free) sauna/steam room area for a very relaxing time. The food was decent too, with a good quality breakfast. My main reason for staying at the hotel was the price (good online deal, including cheap o/n parking), but I would happily stay here again.

Stay, Park & Fly - Good value

We recently stayed one night (two rooms) using the “stay, park & fly” package – and we had also done exactly the same thing two years ago. We thought this was good value, as it included up to 15 days parking. On both occasions, we were very happy with the hotel. Rooms were clean, comfortable and well-equipped. There was ample car parking on site, and the arrangements were very simple. We would stay here again.

Definately Overrated

Lastminute should definately send someone out to update their review. Not the 5 star standard they promised.

Bad Points:
Cleanliness - dirty bathroom, so-so decor, hard bed.
No non-smoking areas - had to have our coffee in the lobby as cigar smokers had taken over the lounges.
Food not available - restaurants only available for set hours at lunch and dinner.
Wifi - not available in most rooms - apparently it is hit or miss they said they would move us but couldnt guarentee that we could get wifi there either. Ended up working in the lobby.

Good Points:
Staff was friendly and helpful.
Parking available.
Conference and meeting facilities looked good though we did not use them.

If this was a 3 star it would have been great or even a 4 star hotel it would have been good but if you expect this to be anything more than you will be disappointed, if you are used to world class delux hotels this is not it.

If you can get a cheap deal than staying here is probably better than some of the other hotels in the area but if you are paying full price then do yourself a favour and check out the other hotels at Heathrow on Tripadvisor before you book...I wish I had!

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member keithblizard

We first stayed here in February 2005 and were impressed with the quick check in, friendly staff and restaurant. What a change in 5 months, check in ok,
check out slow more concerned with serving complimentary BA customers. Room small dreary, could not access mini bar,( no handle on door) when I politely told the check out assistant was asked to fill in my name and address, what purpose this served I can't think. If this is the worlds top airport hotel I'm amazed, will look elsewhere next time.

Caution advised!

by TripAdvisor Member ReddOak

We recently stayed here wanting to have one night in a really nice hotel. We were so disappointed with both the state of the room and the attitude in the restaurant. After signalling for fifteen minutes we finally waved the waiter over to take our order. After bringing our drinks we again had to request bread that was automatically delivered to other diners. Our waiter had one other table to look after but failed to look after either one. When the bill came, an "optional sevice charge of 12.5%" was included. I signed indicating that I declined to pay the fee but, when we checked out at 5:00 am, it was added anyway and the desk clerk had no time to look after it!
Our meal of sausage and mashed potato, a plain burger, an individual cheesecake and an individual apple pie, coupled with a total of three beers came to almost fifty one pounds sterling! That's CAD $ 116.00.

Not worth it --

by TripAdvisor Member Samejesse

Don't bother - it falls right in line with my previous Radisson experiences. Just disappointing and way overpriced. It was extremely overpriced. I have traveled allot and stayed in many dif. levels of hotels so I always know what to expect for my money. My husband and I were returning from a trip to France and had a day and a half to spend in London on the way back. Well, because of the bombings we could not get into the city of London and had to stay by the airport. We called Expedia to change our hotel and in order to not loose our money we had to purchase a night at a hotel that was more expensive than what we had already booked - a last minute upgrade comes with no extra charges. Well spending more money at a hotel in Heathrow vs. London - buys you a very expensive room. Expedia booked us at the Radisson, I was leery due to previous awful Radisson experiences but figured since it cost so much it must be better - wrong. The lobby was beautiful. The hotel was huge. The room & bathroom were not clean. The bed was adequate. The decor looked like the room was left over from the Titanic - lots of wood that was probably very pretty when it was first built - but now just looks old and not well taken care of. The rest.'s looked good but was very expensive. We ended up walking 6 or 7 block to a local pub that was the only rest. around and it was great - good food, good beer - fun music. It also has a nice rest. attached to it.

Stay somewhere else

by TripAdvisor Member tropicgirl

The good:
Looks nice. The food was good. I had big expectations from looking at the Aston Martin, Jaguars and Mercedes parked out front.

The bad:
1. The air conditioning in my room didn't work. The control on the wall only had a dial, so I turned it down a little and tried to sleep. No change, still sweltering. I turned it down more, nothing. Then more, nothing. Then full COLD and Highest Fan setting. No change. This all consumed an hour of my night that I only had four hours to sleep in anyway. Pissed off.

2. Knocking noise in the wall behind the bed. I can't explain it, but there was some mechanical contraption inside the wall of my room that kept banging just as I was drifting off to a sweltering night's sleep.

3. My non-smoking room smelled like 100 years of stale cigarette smoke. The pillow and sheets reeked of smoke. I dreamt I was lying in one of those gold tin ashtrays you see on the tables at McDonalds.

4. The shower only dribbled water. It turned on fine, warmed up quick, then reduced to a dribble for the duration. Nothing you want more after a few hours of sleep and a long day traveling than a nice hot shower! An espresso would put the world right again...

5. Got out to the lobby at 5 a.m. to find no coffee anywhere. I've stayed at CHEAP hotels in the U.S. that have coffee available 24-7, some good some not so good, but COFFEE. Nicer hotels have a few pastries as well. Not here.

6. The staff was difficult to understand (more my problem than theirs, I expect.) Most were not English, and none were exactly pleasant. Encountering nice people when you travel seems to help you forget about the problems. Again, not here.

Comments