The Continental Hotel

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• DAO's Profile Photo

GREAT STAY NEAR HEATHROW

I found the Continental on a hotel website and realised just how close it was to Heathrow Airport. I needed a hotel because I was flying in from Algeria the day before I had work in London. The website looked very nice. When I arrived at Heathrow, Air Algeria decided that my luggage was best sent to France instead. So greeting Hounslow was a let down and it looks a bit worn down. I was in a foul mood until I got to the hotel. At reception I was greeted like a returning guest. Welcome! The 2 staff members cheered me up. They also explained that there was a discount clothing shop 1 block away and I had time to buy clothes. I also had time to be told what the hotel had to offer. I asked for a quiet room and a new key card was handed over wit ha smile.

I went up to be greeted by a very nice looking room at the very back of the hotel. The rooms are compact, but just one bounce on the bed told me I would enjoy a good night’s rest. Everything was modern, the bathroom was super-cool and I had a desk as well. Toiletries looked quite good, the TV had channels I would watch and I had places to hang clothes (minimalistic, but efficient.

I ran off and purchased some clothes and thanked myself for packing a T-shirt and swim shorts in my hand luggage. So off to the gym! Actually I walked through a very nice looking gym that was hosting an exercise class. The pool was ok. The best bit was the Jacuzzi that was very large and hot. I absolutely enjoyed a good soak to try and get over my long day.

After that, just a meal around the corner at a reasonable Indian restaurant.

In the morning my alarm clock in the room woke me up and I enjoyed my coffee and fantastic shower. Even my towels were awesome. This really set me up for a day at work. I was really impressed with this hotel. There are so many bad hotels in the greater London area. This is one of the shinning exceptions and an example of how a hotel should be run.

I was so pleased that I completed a comment card and left it at reception. The NEXT day I had a nice email from the General Manager – Mr. Wayne J Davis. What a fantastic guy. He had managed to read my bad handwriting perfectly and emailed me to say Thank You for my thanks! Why can’t every hotel manager in the world be like Mr. Wayne J Davis? His staff are happy to serve guests and I think this reflects the management style of the whole hotel. Well done!

Unique Quality:

ROOMS
    • Nice beds
    • Quiet rooms
    • Wet rooms with a power shower
    • Air-conditioning
    • Coffee/tea facilities and mini-bar
    • Free broadband
    • Nice TV’s with some excellent channels

DINING AND BAR
    • Twentynine Restaurant and bar - modern British and European cuisine
    • Breakfast, lunch, dinner and a big TV with live sports

GYM AND SPA

CAR PARKING
    • Secure car park - £15 a day

Directions:
    Tube Station - Hounslow Central (Piccadilly Line) - 9 minutes to the airport
    About 150 meters (492 feet) and 3 minutes walk to the hotel across level terrain.

Comments