YOTEL London Heathrow Airport

Arrivals Mezzanine Landside, Terminal 4, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow, TW6 3AF, United Kingdom

More about YOTEL London Heathrow Airport

Does what is says on the box...

by TripAdvisor Member Miami sky warrior

Overall very satisfactory. I had an overnight connection, with an early morning departure, and decided to give the Yotel a try, rather than one of the hotels outside the airport. I had a standard cabin, perfectly adequate for one person, since all I wanted was a place to sleep and take a shower. I found the bed comfortable, and the shower was great. The internet provided via the TV was difficult to use, I gave up after a few minutes. I did not try any food or beverages, as I ate in the terminal instead.

The Yotel is in Terminal 4, and my flight was leaving from Terminal 3 - in the morning I took the free shuttle train (every 30 minutes) and was in T3 a few minutes later.

A good experience, and I would certainly use the Yotel again at LHR or LGW before an early flight.

Brilliant idea!

by TripAdvisor Member lizzieinfiji

I had an overnight lay over and decided to go to the Yotel. It was GREAT! What a brilliant idea. I could stretch out and shower between flights. It was simple, the staff very friendly and the room clean. I was very glad I booked ahead as there was Heathrow was a bit of a mess that day and I would not have been able to get a room on the spot.

Insomnia Towers

by TripAdvisor Member Taff777

With a seven hour layover at Heathrow recently I decided to stay at the Yotel which I had seen on a previous trip.

I booked via the website which is very user friendly and quickly got my details sent to me in both an email and text message.

I checked in at the appointed time and was very curious to see what the double cabin I'd booked was like. It was very cleverly laid out, I used to work at sea and it does really resemble a ships cabin.

I turned off the lights, extended the bed and settled down for hopefully four to five hours sleep before my long haul flight to Canada.

This is where the concept falls flat on its face, it was impossible to sleep for more than a few minutes as the soundproofing is just not up to the task. You can hear everything, conversations in the hallway, the person next door unzipping their case, the next door's toilet flushing, people hanging up the clothes hangers (metal hangers on a mirrored back wall so they clang as they hit the mirror).

The bed has a motor which extends it so that was also an irritant when the people next door decided to extend theirs you hear the motor noises. The cleaner vacuuming was the last straw and at that point I realized sleep would be impossible.

So I showered and crept around the cabin to get dressed (so as to not disturb the other guests) and checked out a couple of hours early.

In Yotel's defense they do have a big 'SSShhhhh' sign in the corridor but the people were not shouting they were having a conversation at normal levels.

Yotel also offer ear-plugs, you are informed of this via a very small card which is placed way below eye level on a shelf in the cabin. So if you dont read that card then you are blissfully unaware of the existence of ear plugs.

The ear plugs are available from the galley. Which isnt much use if you are desperate for sleep and have just undressed (as you really dont feel like getting dressed then going to the galley to get ear plugs, it might help if they were left next to the bed in the first place).

The Hotel is a great concept, and with the locations they have I'm sure they will have enough transient business to meet their targets. However as a frequent business traveler I wont use their hotels again, I'll get a day room at the T4 Hilton which whilst it costs twice as much as the Yotel is at least quiet enough to get a few hours sleep in.

So if you just need somewhere to shower and get away from the madness that is T4 then this is perfect. If on the other hand you actually need to sleep then I would strongly advise going elsewhere.

Never stay at other Airport Hotels again

by TripAdvisor Member ARealHighlander

We have previously stayed at the one in Gatwick so knew what to expect. The Yotel is like a Japanese Pod hotel, a small compartment a bit bigger than a railway sleeper. For one person it’s more than adequate. For two it’s “cozy”!

We stayed in the standard pod - think railway sleeper cabin size. It has a 1m x 2m bed, with multi channel TV/radio/movies, Internet (though no wireless at the T4 one) and a shower/toilet. £59 compared to other hotels round Heathrow (plus another £10 for the Hoppa busses) it’s great value plus you are already in the terminal.

The beds in the Yotel are a bit hard and pillows very low. Having someone nearby flushing the toilet every 15 seconds for 10 minutes at 4am didn’t make for a restful sleep. The nature of the Yotel means it can get noisy as other people come and go so if you are a light sleeper then earplugs may be needed.

There is a Wetherspoons pub located just outside the hotel so a good choice for food and drink.
Shower time meant a logistical movement of cases (as you store your cases in the shower when you first go in so you have room to move). The Gatwick Heathrow has a problem as the partition between the toilet and the cabin was a huge glass CLEAR door. They got round this in Heathrow by installing a shower curtain so you cannot see in, unfortunately this now means that though you cannot now see what ablutions are going on in there, you can hear!

Oh dear.

Good value for the money

by TripAdvisor Member SirFliesAAAlot

Great place to stay during a 9 hour overnight layover - my connecting flight way too early to take the HEX train into the city so I decided to give Yotel a try. The rooms are smaller than you can imagine (you will be surprised) but they pack everything you need in there - Shower, sink, toilet, trash can, chair, desk, hanging clothes area, bed, phone, plugs, TV, and network connection. The bed was very comfortable and staying at the airport enabled me to get an extra hour of sleep. Warning: To get to Terminals 1, 2, 3, or 5, you must connect back through the Heathrow Connect train (free of charge) and the first one does not run until 5:45am.

Nice option for a layover

by TripAdvisor Member AK-in-NC

I stayed at the Yotel for one night on my first day in London. Although I really had no need to stay at the airport, I have wanted to try the Yotel for quite some time. The room is of course very small, but as a single traveler, this did not bother me too much. I didn’t have a lot of luggage.

The bed is comfortable enough. I had one of the larger rooms. The ‘sofa’ folds out to a bed at the touch of a button. Although it wasn’t the most comfortable bed in the world, it was certainly comfortable enough to get a decent night sleep. The bathroom was nice, but my shower had drainage issues, and the floor is not angled down towards the drain, so my shower water wanted to try to creep towards the bedroom. Come to think of it, there is nothing to keep the shower water from flooding the whole bathroom---no lip, no nothing. Anyway, the water pressure was good and the temperature constant. I did not order food from the interactive menu because there are several restaurants right outside the hotel in T4. I did not experience any noise issues at night, but in the morning I started to hear people outside closing doors and whatnot.

I’d stay here again for a layover, but nothing more. As I said earlier, my main reason to stay here in the first place was out of curiosity. All in all, a good value for the price.

Great value, and a fun/different experience

by TripAdvisor Member hibachi

I stayed overnight for 59 pounds (booked via Yotel website) in July. Overall a great experience, I'd recommend it.

Pros:

- helpful staff. I arrived early and they generously checked me in early (which is a big deal here, since rooms are tracked by the hour)
- room very clean
- room well designed. It was fun just futzing around the room, seeing how they had put an entire hotel room into the space of a walk-in closet. Very cool.
- great internet connection
- very comfortable bed
- good ventilation (essential when there are no windows)
- cool entertainment system: flatscreen with lots of features (including a wakeup feature)
- next door to a pub that serves meals all day until 10 pm
- right inside Terminal #4 -- no need to take a hotel bus

Cons:

- very tiny room. But duh, it's a pod hotel. For example if you need to repack your luggage, you may have to do that in the lobby where there's more space to open your suitcase and sort thru stuff.

- my bed was an "upper" style -- meaning, it's like a bunk bed, where you have to climb up on a step to get into and out of the bed. (the beds of adjacent pods are stacked -- so one guest gets a bed in the lower tier, the adjacent guest gets the upper tier). It's a little nerve-wracking to be teetering on that step up-and-down from the bed, so that might be difficult for a short person (I'm 5'5") or someone whose balance is unsure. OTOH you might be able to call in advance and request a lower bed.

LOVE IT

by TripAdvisor Member Rindipops

This is an amazing idea. We stayed here for a few hours before flying to Israel.
It was so comfortable the bed could be left as a sofa or electronically moved to be a full comfy bed.
We got some food from starbooks and watched a movie and had a shower.
Good quality cheap price defo stay again wish there were more!!!

Excellent value

by TripAdvisor Member daveybuk

After a couple of hours kip, and a crack of dawn flight back to London had most of the day to kill before my next appointment. Excellent little capsules are great value - very quiet and comfortable, free wi-fi, TV. Managed to get plenty more sleep and would highly recommend the experience. Not for claustrophobics perhaps, but everyone else will love it. Like sleeping in a ship's bunk, but comfier.

a wonderful oasis

by TripAdvisor Member toothbabe

We arrived in London 10 a.m. for a 7 hour layover on the way to Istanbul. There were two of us and since we had been cooped up together on the plane for many hours we booked two separate standard rooms. We did not have to bring our large suitcases into the room just our carry-ons as we were flying out of heathrow later the same day.
What a wonderful cozy den to go to! I found the bed to be very comfortable and slept great. Shower and toilet and just a little privacy away from everyone was just heaven. Room was very clean and white, low lighting very soothing.
I had difficulty with the internet on the television, so I gave up.
There is a little noise around but after being on a plane and in the airport it was relatively soundless! I always bring earplugs.
I was just ecstatic with the place.
There was staff around and close by if you had a question about anything.
It takes some time to get back to your terminal so make some allowance for this.

Stansted - Heathrow connection plus hotel

by eastmann

Hi,

I'll be landing in Stansted about 1 hour before midnight next month, but I'll need to immediately transfer to Heathrow to spend the night there before a morning flight.

1) Could someone please recommend some low cost transport to a hotel near Heathrow airport? ...and how much roughly is the cost
2) Ditto for a hotel which is cheap but clean/safe enough.

thanks in advance!

by johnmperry

There is an airport transfer bus service:
single fare is £21.50, return is £28

I don't know anything about hotels near Heathrow

by leics

There are no low-cost hotels near Heathrow, nor any other UK airport.

By the time you have arrived at Heathrow in the early hours it would be foolish (imo) to spend money on a hotel room, if you need to check-in later that morning.

A 'cabin' in Heathrow's new Yotel might be the best idea. You book these for set blocks of time, and it will probably work out cheaper than a 'proper' hotel. At least you will get a shower/bed/some quiet. www.yotel.com

Heathrow hotels here: http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/heathrow_hotels.htm

by eastmann

Thanks all for your assistance.

Never realised there was such thing as a yotel. At least I can get more sleep.
the nationalexpress bus and yotel covers both my transport and staying
needs.

thanks again!

by johnmperry

Don't forget to click on the thumbs-up as appropriate

by leics

Yotels are an entirely new concept, but rather a good one I think (not that I have used them as yet).

Write a VT tip about it if you do use it!

Comments